Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

Turtles in Space is actually more likely looking to be Season 4's premise rather than a part of Season 3 as first assumed. (Given that we only have seven episodes left after Turtles in Time and the Turtles in Space figures and stuff are looking to launch in the Fall.) Since Season 4 has 20 episodes, that'd give them plenty of time to travel around battling the Kraang and Triceratons with Fugitoid all the while having a few random filler adventures on other planets like Lord Dregg's and the like. I could see either a random teleportation or the Triceratons arriving as Season 3's cliffhanger.

I'm sort of hoping we see a Battle Nexus arc. Seeing as Turtles in Space is coming, I could imagine something like the Turtles being captured and forced to compete in the tourney for their freedom while it's revealed Splinter had once taken part in the very same tourney.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just caught the Mondo Gecko episode, twas pretty good, and while it didn't effect the main plot, on the other hand it helped fill in a bit more of the world, and implied there being more mutants out there that we don't know about. Also first appearance of Snakeweed and SpyderByte in quite awhile, albiet as bystanders. Also it put Xever into an actually useful light, as him running elicit ops makes sense.

Turtles in Time is most likely a homage, rather than a full on adaption, but should be fun. I also agree that Turtles in Space is most likely next seasons primary setting, rather than a short arc.

Now on movie news, Bebop has been casted

http://screenrant.com/teenage-muntant-ninja-turtles-2-2016-bebop-actor-gary-anthony-williams/ 

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Casts Gary Anthony Williams As Bebop

The upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (official subtitle TBD) will up its game by adding several more classic TMNT characters to the mix – including, different versions of villains (like Shredder) from those featured – briefly – in the 2014 TMNT reboot. Earth to Echo director Dave Green’s Turtles sequel will also incorporate certain players who almost made an appearance in director Jonathan Liebesman’s TMNT film, but ended up being cut during pre-production.

Specifically, we’re talking about the dim-witted mutant henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady, who’ve been confirmed for several months as part of the TMNT2 storyline. It’s not clear yet how the pair will figure into the (currently under-wraps) narrative cooked up by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec – the co-writers on Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and the TMNT reboot – but we now know Gary Anthony Williams is the one who shall bring Bebop to live-action life on the big screen.

Deadline is reporting that Williams will start off the TMNT sequel as “a punk street thug member of a ragtag gang of misfits” who believes himself to be smarter than he really is, before he undergoes his transformation to become the mutant warthog creature that is Bebop. Williams, for those unfamiliar, has appeared on such live-action television shows as Malcolm in the Middle, Boston Legal, and Raising Hope over the years, but tends to do more voice-acting – on series like Mad (where he voices Optimus Prime, among others), Sheriff Callie’s Wild West, and The Boondocks (where he voices Uncle Ruckus, among other characters).

The Bebop and Rocksteady characters have long been staples of TMNT cartoon series and comic books (serving as the henchmen to villains like Krang and The Shredder), but the 2016 TMNT movie sequel will be the first time they are featured on the big screen in live-action form. Bebop shall no doubt be a motion-capture CGI creation (like the Turtles and their rat master Splinter are now), so it’s fitting that a talented and versatile voice actor such as Williams has been recruited to give the character a voice to remember. Look for a similar casting choice to be reported for Rocksteady, soon.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-bebop-gar

Megan Fox and Will Arnett are reprising their TMNT roles as, respectively, reporter April O’Neil and her cameraman Vernon Fenwick in the upcoming sequel. The film will also include several new cast additions to the rebooted TMNT movie franchise (along with Williams, that is):

Stephen Amell as hockey-maked human vigilante Casey Jones. The first image of the Arrow actor in costume has already been released.
Actor/filmmaker Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman, the mad scientist who was (very briefly) played by K. Todd Freeman in TMNT (2014).
Brian Tee (Mortal Kombat: Legacy) as The Shredder. It’s not clear yet, though, if he’s Oroku Saki, the character played by Tohoru Masamune in TMNT (2014), or someone else altogether.
Laura Linney (Mr. Holmes) as a currently-unknown character, who was recently revealed to be a member of the NYPD by leaked TMNT2 set photos.
So, all in all, there’s a lot that is different about this upcoming TMNT movie, in terms of the people involved on both sides of the camera. The 2014 movie reboot was ultimately successful in its task – re-launching the film brand for a new generation of Turtles fans (with a worldwide box office take of $485 million) – but even many of those who did enjoy Liebesman’s movie would likely admit there’s certainly room for improvement in the sequel. Fingers crossed, the blend of new talent and more classic TMNT mythos in this next installment winds up doing the trick.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 opens in U.S. theaters on June 3rd, 2016.

Honestly, this movie is shaping up to be quite interesting, apparently he was Clarence on Boston Legal and Abe on Malcolm in the Middle, though I haven't watched either of those. But he can act both physically, and in voice

The idea of Uncle Ruckus playing Bebop amuses me greatly. It doesn't seem very clear, is Williams playing Bebop in both his human form, as well as voicing his mutant form?

Well, that's interesting. I probably still won't see it, but I do like Williams, so I'll be curious to know how he does, at least.

Speaking of Nick TMNT news, IDW will be relaunching the New Animated Adventures series this August, as: "TMNT Amazing Adventures." What sets this apart from its previous incarnation is that IDW is no longer restricted to telling stories that can't interrupt the TV show canon. They will be working in the same universe, but they get to do their own interpretation of it now. I guess this'll be a bit like the Archie series, but still more lighthearted than that or the IDW on-going. Landry Walker and Chad Thomas will be returning creatives for the book. (source)

From editor Bobby Curnow:

“What’s really fun about this series is that we can now start to create new characters and have the overall plot build on itself. The comic will still be episodic and easy to jump into at any point, but we can start to have reoccurring themes and character development, without worrying if it directly conflicts with the show. The show will still be our inspiration, and we’re playing in that world… we can just stray a bit further from the playground now, which should open up a lot of creativity from our talent. James Kochalka’s short story for #1 is a perfect example. It’s loopy and fun as heck.”

To be honest, the entire reason I could never bother with picking up TMNT:NAA was precisely because of its episodic nature and not being able to contradict the show. I only read the FCBD issue, and the first issue--which were fun and well-done, but I didn't feel the series was worth $4 a month for what amounts to filler, something I see enough in this show as it is. Maybe I'll pick up a trade or two when they're on sale and give it another chance. Since the team now has a little more freedom, even if the book is still episodic, they can have more overarching elements, and I think that's enough to get me interested in checking this out for at least the first few issues or so. Also pretty interested in what James Kochalka's going to do, I dig his style.

Oh, sweet! That was the main reason I didn't bother with New Animated Adventures (Despite it usually having some pretty cool art and some nice moments like the Splinter/Karai meteor shower thing), so I'm definitely interested to see what comes of this new series. Also VERY intrigued to see what new/old faces are introduced into this universe through the book. (Hoping for some more Mutanimals action as well!)

Bumpity-bump bump for an update! The show is back again starting June 14th! (Same week as E3! :D) Not only that, but there's something pretty interesting about these titles:

S3E19 Turtles in Time (6/14/2015)

S3E20 Tale of the Yokai (6/21/2015)

That leaked clip from my last update that involved time travel mentioned Yokai, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that the Turtles in Time story will be at least a two-parter! Very cool and allows them to give the proper amount of time to an episode centered on backstory while still having the first to get any humorous, one-off time travel-related hijinks out of the way.

Also, another episode, airdate currently unknown:

S3E21 Attack of the Mega Shredder!

Not sure what this one's about...

• Thumbs Up 1

S3E21 Attack of the Mega Shredder!

Not sure what this one's about...

Strong_Super_Shredder.jpg

Maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ep descriptions are in:

Turtles in Time

When the Turtles are whisked through time by apprentice Time Master Renet, they all must work together to defeat the evil Time Master Savanti Romero.

Tale of the Yokai

When the Turtles are accidentally transported to the past, they happen to cross paths with a familiar ninja clan.

Attack of the Mega Shredder!

Leonardo decides to sneak into Shredder's lair alone, and winds up facing the biggest mutant threat yet.

As expected, we are indeed looking at a two-parter! (Kinda.) Wonder if Mega Shredder is another clone or they'll follow the example above...

• Thumbs Up 3

We got another recasting, and this is feeling more like a semi-reboot, or in part they are doing a Mandarin(character claims to be person, real one is revealed behind the scenes, then the actual one comes out of the shadows)(though I think all of us still kinda wish Megan Fox had been the first to go), also new set pics and actual foot NINJAS!

http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-shredder-daughter-karai-brittany-ishibashi/

Brittany Ishibashi As Shredder’s Daughter Karai

Filming on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie reboot sequel (official title TBA) is rolling right along, under the direction of Dave Green (Earth to Echo). Meanwhile, on the news front, we continue to get more and more casting updates about characters who will make their debut in the revitalized live-action TMNT universe, during this second installment.

Many of the new additions in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 will presumably stay on the villain side throughout the film – that includes, mutant warthog Bebop (Gary Anthony Williams), the recast version of mad scientist Baxter Stockman (Tyler Perry), and according to the rumor mill, the extraterrestrial Krang. However, today we’ve learned of one character in the movie whose allegiance may shift, by the time TMNT 2 has reached its conclusion: the deadly high-ranking Foot Clan warrior, Karai.

Karai, for those unfamiliar, was introduced in the TMNT comic books by creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in 1992; in most iterations of the TMNT property, the character has some relation to Oroku Saki’s Shredder. Sure enough, Deadline is reporting that in the upcoming live-action TMNT sequel, Karai is Shredder’s daughter; the role will be handled by Brittany Ishibashi, a relatively lesser-known actor who has appeared on such TV shows as Ghostfacers, Political Animals, and Emily Owens M.D. in the 2010s (she also popped up on Supernatural in 2008).

The casting of Ishibashi as Karai once again raises questions about TMNT 2‘s version of The Shredder played by Brian Tee – seeing as Tee’s only three year older than Ishibashi. We’ve speculated before that the title of Shredder might be something that is passed among different members of the Foot Clan in the sequel, so it might be that Karai is actually the daughter of the older Shredder seen in the 2014 TMNT movie (played by Tohoru Masamune). Or, of course, there might be another explanation; like, Tee only plays Shredder in flashbacks.

It also remains to be seen if, in the TMNT reboot sequel, Karai and Leonardo will form something of a relationship/rivalry, as they have in past comic books and TV shows. (Think of Karai as the Talia al Ghul to Leonardo’s Batman… in a manner of speaking, anyway.) Something else to note: Karai, like Baxter Stockman, did technically pop up in TMNT (2014), but was also played by a different actor (Minae Noji, in that case).

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is adding several new characters to the mix, but it’s worth noting that with exception like Stephen Amell’s Casey Jones, most of them should be proper supporting players who won’t have that much screen time. The upside of introducing such individuals as Karai in the TMNT sequel, of course, is that even if they don’t play a huge role here, their inclusion lays the foundation for more development in a third installment – assuming their inclusion feels organic and TMNT 2 doesn’t end up suffering from Amazing Spider-Man 2 syndrome, so to speak.

TMNT (2014) had enough fun action and humor to win over many fans, but many others were put off by how much the movie felt like a patchwork of ideas revised from earlier versions of the project. This time around, however, screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec are starting with a clean(er) slate; one which they appear to be using to dive deeper into the TMNT mythos and include more fan-favorite elements. That sounds good on paper, at least.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 opens in U.S. theaters on June 3rd, 2016.

Sorry to double post, but we got our first pics of non-mutated Bebop(as played by Gary Anthony Williams), and who is assumed to at least be the body of Rocksteady, Pro wrestler Sheamus

6ntPGtB.jpg5gJzS0y.jpg

Other than the lack of shades that is definitely Bebop, hopefully the mutated forms look as good as the concept art for the first movie

http://www.grafikjager.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/TMNT-3.jpg(For those who haven't seen it)

Also an actor from the original movies has a cameo too, but if you want to spoil that, go look for yourselves. This movie is getting more and more interesting, and heck the first movie was pretty good in every scene without Megan Fox, maybe we'll get lucky and she'll be kidnapped half of this movie

• Thumbs Up 1

Given who's playing Rocksteady, I welcome the inevitable running gag that he has a different accent in every incarnation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given who's playing Rocksteady, I welcome the inevitable running gag that he has a different accent in every incarnation.

well, this is only the third version(as far as I know), original was tough guy, the Nick version was Russian, and this is what, scottish/irish? Now what we need is a German Rocksteady

Also, this movie looks more interesting with each update, and still sad that we have a while till the next episode

also, it says Mega Shredder is a mutant, and we already have the Crustedders, what if its one that turns out like the movie shredder, but combined with an animal?

There's also the IDW version, who has less of a noticeable accent compared to the others and the Adventures version who has a similar one to the original cartoon version, only with a lot more cliche dumb-guy speak like "duh."

Anyway, small update: It looks like the new episodes have been bumped back two weeks according to Zap2It. Turtles in Time will now apparently air on the 28th.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's also the IDW version, who has less of a noticeable accent compared to the others and the Adventures version who has a similar one to the original cartoon version, only with a lot more cliche dumb-guy speak like "duh."

Anyway, small update: It looks like the new episodes have been bumped back two weeks according to Zap2It. Turtles in Time will now apparently air on the 28th.

IDW's version is basically a modernized version of his original incarnation, I feel. He and Bebop are still a pair of dumb thugs, they're just a more legitimate threat.

I have to say, though, I do like Nick's version, just because their take is so fresh and different from anything else I would have expected. They're being rotated around with the rest of Shredder's crew, but I admit I did like seeing how they fight. Steranko embracing the Rocksteady name is really funny.

Not too surprised about another delay. Maybe we'll get another season finale feeding right into season four's opening again around September. Seems to be how they've been running their schedule with this show.

It's just so great seeing Nick's Rocksteady and Bebop contrast so much and it's just so funny. Bebop is like something straight out of the 80s but always has so many moans and complaints, along with despising his mutant side and nickname but he always acts like this smooth sly super villain while Rocksteady is this overly serious guy who takes pure pleasure out of being a mutant and having more power. He doesn't care if he looks like a freak, he's just willing to embrace the whole thing as long as he has power and scares the shit out of people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Nick B&R are great. They can be hilarious and entertaining, but are still competent enough to be legit threats in battle. I also LOVE just how different they've made them compared to most of the other incarnations that were pretty interchangeable. Different builds, different weapons, different personalities. They've truly made them so thet can function both as a duo AND individual characters. Quite a step up from their beginnings in the original cartoon and Adventures comic.

To touch on the delay, it might be being used to coincide with the upcoming SDCC panel for the show. Would make sense to drum up a bit of interest before it rather than going on break again right before it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping they confirm a real City Fall arc.

Yeah, Nick B&R are great. They can be hilarious and entertaining, but are still competent enough to be legit threats in battle. I also LOVE just how different they've made them compared to most of the other incarnations that were pretty interchangeable. Different builds, different weapons, different personalities. They've truly made them so thet can function both as a duo AND individual characters. Quite a step up from their beginnings in the original cartoon and Adventures comic.

To touch on the delay, it might be being used to coincide with the upcoming SDCC panel for the show. Would make sense to drum up a bit of interest before it rather than going on break again right before it.

The other thing to consider is that the Turtles simply can't beat them one on one, and barely(if) come out on top as a full team in the duo. Throw in the fact that in strength Rocksteady is second only to Shredder, well you got a dangerous pair who want to get out from under Shredder's heel. That's the other cool thing about this version, they have no loyalty to Shredder, unlike his other lackies(well and Stockman, but he's a planner, not a fighter). Eventually somethin' will happen that will make them turn on him, and that will make for an interesting arc in of itself... And Now I had a funny mental picture of them chasing the Turtles' across the galaxy next season... or stowing away on their ship

So, not sure exactly where to post this, and it's actually a few months old but somehow slipped under the radar (I saw a mention on Peter Laird's blog and tracked the article down through the Technodrome forums), but the 4Kids series is finally getting a re-release... but not quite what people would want.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-NYC-Showdown-and-Search-for-Splinter/20890

So what I gleaned from TV Shows on DVD, it seems that these discs might be reissues of FUNimation's old releases, and, what's more, they aren't even starting at the beginning of the series, but later into season one. They're dropping next week, in fact, so hopefully some new information comes along.(see edit 2)

I would have rather they did full season sets at this point, given the age of the show, so hopefully these are just budget releases until they can do a "complete" series.

EDIT: These may just be temporary pages until the info is filled in, but according to these pages the video may be widescreen.

Oh lord, I hope not.

EDIT2: OK, clarification.

They aren't re-issues of FUNimation's discs, but they're done in a similar style. The big difference is that the episodes are just kinda random.

"The Search for Splinter" has the first episode, "Things Change"... and then skips to the season 1 finale (a two-parter), "The Search for Splinter", while "NYC Showdown" covers the "Return to New York" storyline.

Just... why? I just can't piece together what the logic is behind doing these releases this way or who they're even for. Are they just testing the waters for a possible re-release? If so... why bust up a series with a tight continuity like this?

Edited by Zaysho

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else notice how it seems that Stockman actually has his company up and running but its never mentioned other than the sign boards it appears on? perhaps its a leadup for something if he gets demutated

On another note, movie Casey Jones now has a muscle car, take it as you will

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/871844436234158/?type=1

Its a facebook photo so I can't embed it, but 2 comments from Amell

Stephen Amell
Someone gets super serious on set.

By the way, this car should handily convince you that Casey Jones is going to be a bad ass.

Stephen Amell Hey guys - it makes sense. But it'd be tough to know that when you haven't seen a trailer much less read a synopsis. I'd just try and be patient.

Personally, I'm getting more and more curious, can't wait for a trailer/ the Synopsis

Anybody else notice how it seems that Stockman actually has his company up and running but its never mentioned other than the sign boards it appears on? perhaps its a leadup for something if he gets demutated

On another note, movie Casey Jones now has a muscle car, take it as you will

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/871844436234158/?type=1

Its a facebook photo so I can't embed it, but 2 comments from Amell

Personally, I'm getting more and more curious, can't wait for a trailer/ the Synopsis

Casey was a gearhead in the Mirage books, and it's sorta carried into the 90s movie and the Nick series. I can't remember if it was heavily touched upon in 4Kids. At the very least, it's in character, I'll give them that.

Casey was a gearhead in the Mirage books, and it's sorta carried into the 90s movie and the Nick series. I can't remember if it was heavily touched upon in 4Kids. At the very least, it's in character, I'll give them that.

I can't remember the 4Kids adaption all too well, but I'm pretty sure he at least worked on cars a few times. I think he and Donnie did the barn scene with him fixing the car during the Northampton arc I think?

He was called by his friend to repair the ferris wheel at night in Return of Nano. Other than that, they didn't play up his mechanical skills that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was called by his friend to repair the ferris wheel at night in Return of Nano. Other than that, they didn't play up his mechanical skills that much.

I figure that's enough, I mean it takes some skill to work on something that big, making the wolf cartoon the only one where there was no reference to being a gearhead. Despite it not being super heavy in the other versions, its shown up as a subnote. Also the current cartoon has brought it to a forefront in the NorthHampton arc, with him and Donny fixing up the hot rod

Update on the new eps again: Every source other than that one Zap2It page has a rerun of The Deadly Venom scheduled for the 28th rather than Turtles in Time (And even then, the rerun is listed on the main Zap2It schedule), meaning that it's likely that no new eps will actually be airing this month and we could possibly see the previously scheduled ones in July.

Hopefully there'll be some official word on this soon, as it's very confusing to try and follow. (Zap2It's official TMNT page even had Turtles in Time listed for TODAY. X_X)