Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

They handled the series pretty well to me. At first I was worried because I wasnt so sure what Nick would do because they are hit and miss these days but based on what Ive seen Im satisfied.

As for the movie I loved it as well but Im hoping that in part 2 they will show more content because part 1 felt more like a showcase and not an actual full movie.

Remember that Season 5 script that teased something called a "Demodragon" for the premiere? Well, now we know what that is sooner than expected thanks to Nickelodeon tweeting it:

20t1h1l.jpg

It's in fact a new character voiced by none other than Mark Hamill! Judging by this fellow's design, it seems we might be able to expect more mystical goings-on for Season 5 compared to Season 4's space theme.

• Thumbs Up 4

I suppose I'm just going by the fact that it's a dragon type character, but think we can expect something akin to the Ninja Tribunal from the 4Kids series? I wouldn't mind seeing that get a new spin in the Nick universe.

I've been pretty pleased with how Nick approached 4Kids characters like Hun and Bishop--they're very different from anything I expected, and I think they worked well despite their sparse appearances, so I'd like to see how the writing team handles other things like the Ninja Tribunal or the Battle Nexus, should they come up.

Edited by Zaysho

Mark Hamil is great at darker characters, and definitely sound as we're finally going on the mystic angle next season, perhaps we'll finally get the true motivation behind Shredder. Also too bad we'll get a partial character reversion, or at least tech wise at the end of this season, since it's likely our future turtles may merge with our past turtles when they save the world

Hidden Content

Uh, we've had 4 episodes of Season 4 so fat

He never died, they time traveled back several months thanks to the fugitoid and the properties of Black holes being Time/space anomalies

We have ourselves an official return date! It's actually only about two weeks from now, on January 10th! Here are our episode titles for that month:

Riddle of the Ancient Aeons (January 10th)

Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind (January 17th) 

The Arena of Carnage (January 24th

The War for Dimension X (January 31st)

Great to see an earlier return date than usual. Particularly intrigued by that last episode.

Edited by CC14 Wrecks The Halls
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally confirmed that Season 4 will finally begin to air in the UK in Febuary 2016. About time!

Dudes, we're getting Krang for sure now in TMNT! And oddly enough, we also have Michael Bay to thank for him keeping his tentacles for movement

http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-villian-michael-bay/

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Villain Confirmed By Michael Bay

The upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows has some things its predecessor did not. Specifically, the sequel to the Michael Bay-produced 2014 TMNT reboot has twice the Turtle time and roughly four times the number of major villains. Last time around, the heroes in a half shell dealt primarily with one villain: their arch-nemesis Shredder. For their next outing, they get not only a new Shredder, but also a couple of bruisers by the name of Bebop and Rocksteady as well as a more… brainy adversary.

A new Rolling Stone interview with Michael Bay confirms Krang’s appearance in TMNT 2 by way of describing a scene in which a prototype for the villain is shown to Bay for approval:

“They start with Ninja Turtles animation. Pablo Helman, a visual-effects supervisor who worked on the Star Wars prequels, appears onscreen and shows Bay the latest version of Krang, a new-to-the-movies villain who is, essentially, a disembodied brain inside a giant robot. ‘So we’ve eliminated the tentacles,’ Helman explains. ‘Is it too monster-ish?’

‘He could have some tentacles,’ says Bay. ‘I just don’t want them coming out of the side. He looks like a stupid octopus.'”

Not wanting to let Mutants in Manhattan's penchant for leaks overshadow it, the movie's toyline just leaked, giving us our first look at helmeted Shredder and Kraang!

11987k2.jpg

Looks quite similar to his OT design, surprise, surprise, only replacing a lot of the flesh-colored bits with a more firmly robotic appearance. Digging Shredder's look. Reminds me of the very rarely utilized Next Mutation armor.

Plus, we can't have Kraang without...

wjtox1.jpg

THE TECHNODROME!

This film is shaping up to be quite interesting...

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Trio CC14 said:

Not wanting to let Mutants in Manhattan's penchant for leaks overshadow it, the movie's toyline just leaked, giving us our first look at helmeted Shredder and Kraang!

11987k2.jpg

Looks quite similar to his OT design, surprise, surprise, only replacing a lot of the flesh-colored bits with a more firmly robotic appearance. Digging Shredder's look. Reminds me of the very rarely utilized Next Mutation armor.

Plus, we can't have Kraang without...

wjtox1.jpg

THE TECHNODROME!

This film is shaping up to be quite interesting...

It's definately shaping up to be the 80's show in movie form... which isn't a bad thing, each version of the Turtles does it's own takes, but qoooky and over the top works pretty well for a turtles movie

Also the only other recent Technodrome from the Nick cartoon also got rid of the trident, and the wheels, and it's possible the movie like the cartoon could move the eye to the body of the ship

latest?cb=20130809234323

The good thing about the toyline is that instead of focusing solely on the shitty designs of the movie for the Turtles, it looks more like a blend of the TMNT 2012 figures with the turtles from the movies, so the designs are *as* butt ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick UK Fans: Nick UK have finally confirmed that Season 4 starts February 6th 2016 at 7:30am 

• 3 weeks later...

Recent episodes have been solid... but now the wait for the next one... anyways not why I'm here, we got the superbowl ad for TMNT out of the Shadows, and TECHNODROME AND KRANG!

The fat-man suit is a really solid update, that keeps the original in-tact while updating it, here's a cool head comparison pic I found

ZiUqsBW8Qz6HkHP9RGtW_KRANG.jpg

This thing keeps looking better and better

• Thumbs Up 1

So out of curiosity, why does most people not like Season 2 of TMNT?

I mean honestly, I do get some of the problems, like Donnie being heavily flanderized, the monster of the week bullshit, and such, but I still think things got better as they went along, and there is still a ton of episodes I liked from the season (Props goes to Slash and Destroy, and The Invasion). Also I finished Season 3 since the DVD of Volumes 3 and 4 finally released in the UK this week, and my general thoughts on the finale was good, but not as good as The Invasion.

Don't get me wrong. As a whole, I'd say Season 3 was generally better. But in general, I just preferred the stakes of Season 2's ending. Like I get it. Season 3 is upping the ante with two invasions, but because of that, I think it felt less focused.

Spoiler

For example, the Krang got a whole bunch of buildup for their invasion, while the Triceratons got barely any buildup whatsoever. Even then, they just didn't seem to have much of a reason, other than "Earth is bad I guess", and it in general felt like a generic destroy the world plot. I guess I was more interested in the idea of the Krang's invasion because of the fact they were transforming people into Krang, and brainwashing them. It added a whole new sense of atmosphere because the turtles really were on their own. Splinter was broken, Leo was absolutely destroyed, and half of NYC was Krang-ifed and hunting them down. 

Plus, I guess I prefer the ending of the episode itself. Season 2 ended with a somber note of the turtles barely escaping with their lives, and a feeling of hopelessness that had me absolutely hyped for Season 3 to follow it up. Season 4 ends with them in total shock for about five minutes, until Honeycutt gives Mikey some hot choco and then suddenly, it's all right, with Casey shouting "WAHOOOOO".

Which is another problem. I already explained one of my biggest problems with Season 3 was lack of resolution on Casey's part. Season 2 established he was hit hard in the Krang invasion due to his father and little sister being turned into Krang, and yet Season 3 never bothered to even resolve that, and now here we have them being sucked up into a fucking black hole, and Casey's just like "SWEET". 

Got some VERY interesting news to share from Toy Fair. Alongside a crapload of weirdo Turtle variants, Armaggon, and a human version of Karai (FINALLY!), one of the new figures that Playmates had on display was a surprising familiar face that may just paint a picture of how our Season 4 finale will play out. Spoilered for the convenience of those who'd rather see it for the first time onscreen:

1417e9y.jpg

"It's a Super Shredder!"

Yep, looks like old Shreddsy himself will be indulging in some Mutagen later this season to become a new version of the Secret of the Ooze final boss, Super Shredder. (Though, this time he doesn't have the luxury of his costume mutating with him. :P) This turn of events has a lot of good potential in regards to the villains, as that might mean that we'll be seeing a lot less of Shredder himself in Season 5. Could Tiger Claw take over operations for his master temporarily? Could the Demodragon take command of his forces? Will the henchmutants be pretty much free reign with no one to keep them in line? Whatever ends up happening, I'm very intrigued to see where this leads, as it's a potentially huge change to the status quo.

6 hours ago, Bear Bird CC14 said:

Got some VERY interesting news to share from Toy Fair. Alongside a crapload of weirdo Turtle variants, Armaggon, and a human version of Karai (FINALLY!), one of the new figures that Playmates had on display was a surprising familiar face that may just paint a picture of how our Season 4 finale will play out. Spoilered for the convenience of those who'd rather see it for the first time onscreen:

Hidden Content

Dude, I think you completely mis-interpreted that

Either it's a legacy toy, or it's the driving reason for the crossover episode between the wolf and nick cartoons, since he's with the classic cartoon turtles not the nick turtles

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Dude, I think you completely mis-interpreted that

Hidden Content

Spoiler

Those are the Nick turtles and it's a new design.

• 2 weeks later...

New titles ahoy! Premieres resume in three weeks!

S4E9 The Cosmic Ocean (3/13/2016)

S4E10 Trans-Dimensional Turtles (3/20/2016)

S4E11 Revenge of the Triceratons (3/27/2016)

Also, "Trans-Dimensional Turtles" is speculated to be the episode featuring the '87 and Mirage Turtles universes, so that should be fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a preview for the crossover episode 

• Thumbs Up 4

Adding to that, Trans-Dimensional Turtles is now CONFIRMED as the crossover episode! PROMO IMAGE AHOY:

2rze2qb.jpg

Also, it's airing March 27th instead of the 20th...meaning that after the show returns next week, we'll be breaking again for ONE week. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Regardless, SO PUMPED FOR THIS! The 87 Turtles look really fun in CGI. XD

• Thumbs Up 4