Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

So want to have your first look at the movie designs?

Mind you this is a costume, but it does give you a look at how they'll be in the movie:

tmnt-movie-costume-michel-530x1024.jpg

crying.jpg

Please excuse me while I go pour sulfuric acid into my eyes.

Ladies and gentlemen... we have a grainy photo of action figures based on the new designs...

LXuo85m.jpg

They're heroes in a half-shell and they're mummies!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ladies and gentlemen... we have a grainy photo of action figures based on the new designs...

LXuo85m.jpg

God fucking dammit, who tought that anyone would be ok with this shit, let alone TMNT fans.

They're apparently not supposed to be aliens, but they sure look like them. Jesus, they look like mutated beasts from some distant planet I certainly don't want to visit at any point. 

I guess I'm pretty indifferent to them at this point. I've never been a giant turtles fan either way. It'll be interesting to see them in motion, though I don't really have much faith to begin with considering this is a Michael Bay movie.

I have to admit, I... kinda like their look. The 80's/90's will always be my favourite but... to be honest, they could look A LOT worse. 

Scrap the rags they have hanging off them and they'd look pretty decent.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh. Except Donatello, who looks like a mix between himself and Dingodile from Crash Bandicoot, and Michelangelo, whose pants are really a weird choice, I'm fine with it. Raphael is the best of them.

Also:

They're apparently not supposed to be aliens, but they sure look like them. Jesus, they look like mutated beasts from some distant planet I certainly don't want to visit at any point. 

Well... they kinda are.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think they look neat. They've got a realistic look to them, as they should be, while still maintaining a lot of character and charm towards them, and not just the different accessories and what not i'm talking like Raph being a little buffer and looking more like a bruiser and Donnie being taller and lean helps define themselves alot better. The movie could turn out either way but gotta say i'm digging them.

...I like them too, they look more tough to me at least

I guess I'm pretty indifferent to them at this point. I've never been a giant turtles fan either way. It'll be interesting to see them in motion, though I don't really have much faith to begin with considering this is a Michael Bay movie.

Well they are Teenage Mutants Ninja Turtles, they messed up by replacing Ninja with mummies but at least they got the mutant part.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I was intending it to be a follow up from the alien comment, so a mutated alien (double the mutate!)... but I'm guessing any franchise which gives the vibe of "mutated" as an intention and gets it across easily via a design means it hit the mark pretty well. Paha.

Honestly rather dig 'em. They remind me of something you'd see in the multiverse scene from Turtles Forever.

They're...better than I expected. I'd totally be okay with them looking different from each other with heights or muscle mass like the Nick cartoon did.

Though consider me still not swayed over regarding this movie.

They don't look too bad. Looks like they were trying just a little too hard to make them look tough, but they didn't miss the target by much. I ditto what everyone else is saying. It could be worse.

Like everyone else, I honestly expected worse regarding their designs. I remember the descriptions going around and hearing about how they'd be wearing clothes and be more individualized and all that, but they're honestly not too bad. I just want to see what Leo looks like now. And, besides, it's just the movie. It's not going to affect anything else, so it doesn't bother me very much.

The only thing that concerns me about this movie now is whoever had the bright idea to resurrect the Fred Wolf cartoon and make a movie based on that when they could literally look ANYWHERE ELSE in this franchise for inspiration.

LXuo85m.jpg

I'm not even joking when I say I envisioned what Bays Turtles would look like and two versions popped into my head. The first is strikingly similar to the designs above, the second was 6+ feet tall semi-muscular sleeker turtles with battle scars and metal shin & armguards.

well dont we have a trailer coming this weekend? should be interesting to see em in action

Some more leaked pics, closer look at Leo and Don's faces, they look great.
cmbleo.jpg
donnynew.jpg

And, dun dun dun, IT;S DA SHREDDER. He looks really killer.
shreddernew.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Some more leaked pics, closer look at Leo and Don's faces, they look great.

cmbleo.jpg

donnynew.jpg

And, dun dun dun, IT;S DA SHREDDER. He looks really killer.

shreddernew.jpg

Ok, so it is like the reports said, he is super spikey, on the other hand he looks SUPER AWESOME

truth is I had no expecations really for this movie, and while I did enjoy the 80's ones, I was sonewhat hesitant on this one, on the other hand I now DO really want to see this hehehe

I'm still pretty skeptical on how the movie's gonna turn out, but I'm digging these designs for the most part. The turtles themselves may have a little bit too much going on, but Shredder looks fucking rad and I love it. I expected the turtles to look more like their counterparts from the Out of the Shadows game, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw these because the game's designs are abominations. Looking forward to seeing all of these in motion.

• Thumbs Up 2