Awoo.

Sonic & Knuckles with Lock-on capabilities soon to be released for Virtual Console

HunterTSF

fe5513fb.jpg

Sonic & Knuckles with lock-on capability is soon to be has been released on the Xbox Live Arcade for about a month now, and it now appears that we should be expecting a Virtual Console release sometime soon, as well. The latest Sonic Channel blog post confirms its October 27, 2009 release date for Japan, and shows some screenshots that appear to display the ability to switch between Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Blue Sphere from some kind of in-game menu system. The price of it all is a mere 600 Wii Points. It makes no mention of any overseas release dates, but we can all hope to see some announcement sometime within the near future.

Edited by HunterTSF

Huh... sweet... sounds awesome! It'd be a cool feature to have, though I already to have access to all of it via Sonic Mega Collection.

Koolios, great for Wii owners.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles with lock-on capability are soon to be released for the Xbox Live Arcade,

It was already released for Xbox Live Arcade about a month ago.

Wheres my PS3 version dammit.

I don't get why SEGA haven't released many of the Vintage Collection games on PS3. Gunstar Heroes is great on there and even got Trophy support so I don't get why they dont release the rest of the collections on PSN.

Always good to see Sonic stuff flowing out to become available to those whom haven't had a chance to experience them yet.

Means nothing to me cause I still have the original(s) and Mega Collection..... but still good to see.

I don't get why SEGA haven't released many of the Vintage Collection games on PS3.

Did Sega ever get around to releasing the Amigo expansion packs from 06 over to the PS3? I don't ever recall seeing them there.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Interesting news, but even if it comes to U.S., I've got Mega Collection, so I'm good. (too bad it took a while to unlock it all) Honestly, I am surprised it's taking them as long as it has to get a VC version of lock-on when XBLA already had it (and even more surprising that no PSN version).

Did Sega ever get around to releasing the Amigo expansion packs from 06 over to the PS3? I don't ever recall seeing them there.

Yeah they took their time but all of the DLC packs got released on the European PlayStation Store all at once towards the end of 2007, October I believe. I think U.S. and Japan got them the same time as Xbox Live since the PS3 was out in those countries back then where as we had to wait until March 2007.

On-topic:

Good to see you can use the in-game save features on the VC version. Hate how you can't do that in the Xbox Live Arcade version.

Actually, the amigo DLC (along with the boss DLC) hasn't been released on the US Playstation store yet.

Edited by gamerguy21

Actually, the amigo DLC (along with the boss DLC) hasn't been released on the US Playstation store yet.

Woah, really? :huh: That sucks, guess you can always make a European account and get them that way. That's like how Unleashed is missing a few DLC packs on the European Playstation Store. We only have -

- Chun-Nan

- Spagonia

- Holoska

- Apotos & Shamar

Woah, really? :huh: That sucks, guess you can always make a European account and get them that way. That's like how Unleashed is missing a few DLC packs on the European Playstation Store. We only have -

- Chun-Nan

- Spagonia

- Holoska

- Apotos & Shamar

Nope. DLC is region specific, unless you wanna buy the game again and pay more to import. Anyway, who thinks this might eventually be the "unspecified PSN Sonic game" Sega leaked?

Nope. DLC is region specific, unless you wanna buy the game again and pay more to import. Anyway, who thinks this might eventually be the "unspecified PSN Sonic game" Sega leaked?

Judging that it's on the Wii... No.

Judging that it's on the Wii... No.

I obviously mean S&K lock-on also coming to the PSN since it's already on both it's competitors consoles.

I obviously mean S&K lock-on also coming to the PSN since it's already on both it's competitors consoles.

Loads of MegaDrive titles are on XBLA and VC but not PSN though... SEGA doesn't care for Sony ;_;.

Loads of MegaDrive titles are on XBLA and VC but not PSN though... SEGA doesn't care for Sony ;_;.

Hey, a man can just dl the roms on his pc dream, right? At least we got Gunstar Heroes, still crazy fun despite the broken online play.

That is like awsomeness,mixed with coolness,wrapped in super-dee-duperness.

That is like awsomeness,mixed with coolness,wrapped in super-dee-duperness.

Posts like this are a little spammy as they don't really contribute anything. Maybe pad out your reply a little next time? =)

I wonder if using the lock-on feature means that you can get a Blue Sphere level from any Virtual Console Mega Drive/Genesis game.

• 2 weeks later...