Awoo.

Sonic Collaboration Event - PSO2 New Genesis

Polkadi~☆

(timestamped link until separate video comes, more information later in video)

From September 1st to September 29th, SEGA's free new MMORPG, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis; will be hosting a Sonic collaboration event to celebrate the release of Sonic Colours Ultimate. The event will contain new items, emotes, and more to win through daily logins, Twitter campaigns, and other various ways.

So far, we know about new Sonic-themed ear rings, Tails' tails and Sonic's classic shoes for accessories, an emote that turns you into Sonic or Tails (based on Type 1 or 2 emote), and animations that turn your dash into Sonic's spindash and glide into Tails' flight, as well as familiar stamps and stickers to use in chat, and the ability to change your Mag's appearance to Tails.

Do you play PSO2? And will you be logging in to collect these unique rewards? It's limited time only, so better get into it if you want it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah man, I'll need to set a calendar for this. I got into PSO2 really late (when I bought my Xbox Series X last year, basically) so missed out on a lot of the older-version stuff, but I'm dead keen on these New Genesis items. I got pretty stuck into NG when it launched, but I fell off it after about a week and haven't played it since... I've been looking for a reason to get back into it so this will provide the right incentive! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Ah man, I'll need to set a calendar for this. I got into PSO2 really late (when I bought my Xbox Series X last year, basically) so missed out on a lot of the older-version stuff, but I'm dead keen on these New Genesis items. I got pretty stuck into NG when it launched, but I fell off it after about a week and haven't played it since... I've been looking for a reason to get back into it so this will provide the right incentive! :) 

There was a new class and more content added since release, as well as a seasonal event happening at the same time as this, so there's even more incentive to play during the collaboration. But man, I really want these items, even if they'd look incredibly goofy on my character...

PSO2 New Genesis has a great foundation in terms of how it plays, but it's really lacking content unfortunately. I don't do much other than log in to snag the daily scratcher these days. I'll definitely try and grab as many of these items as I can though.

That running animation that turns you into Sonic rolling is so dumb, I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1