Awoo.

Paramount Cinemacon Panel - Sonic Movie News? [Update: Nope]

Empire88
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux

Split this topic out from the Sonic Movie 2 Megathread as it pertains to new news and potentially announcements for the Sonic movie sequel. Any news from this panel can be contained in this topic, reactions to this panel can be shared in this topic and the megathread.

Today is the panel for Paramount! It starts at 10AM PST/1PM EST/6 PM UK time. While we obviously can't stream it live or see the contents at the same time (there is decent chance we won't see the trailer the same day), assuming the Sonic movie does in fact show up at Cinemacon (which would be odd if it didn't) we will be able to learn the following things.

First, an actor/actress for Tails. Even if there isn't a formal cast announcement, usually audience members can describe if the voice was the same as the first movie or different.

Soon after the trailer is released, we should at the minimum get reports of what showed up in the trailer as with what happened in 2019, with decently specific detail.

I think there are live tweets as things go on where some insiders share what is currently being shown. Not sure if there is one good source for that though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My time conversion was off. It starts now and lasts two hours! There is a live blog here it seems:

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/cinemacon-join-our-liveblog-of-the-paramount-pictures-presentation/

If anyone has any twitter accounts that are following that might be better as the site is a little laggy, though I don't know any. (Talking about Mission Impossible now)

• Thumbs Up 1

That's funny...I'm not seeing anything pop up for Paramount at Cinemacon...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's funny...I'm not seeing anything pop up for Paramount at Cinemacon...

If you are talking about the page I listed, it takes a a decent second for it to load up section where the blogger is live updating ala twitter. The site is a little slow ( but seems secure), hence someone's actual twitter might be easier to use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

If you are talking about the page I listed, it takes a a decent second for it to load up section where the blogger is live updating ala twitter. The site is a little slow ( but seems secure), hence someone's actual twitter might be easier to use. 

Oh no, I'm talking about the news regarding what they are showing at Cinemacon.  Normally, when I look it up on Google, they would have articles about what was going on at Cinemacon.  But, I haven't seen any articles about what Paramount was showing at Cinemacon.

• Thumbs Up 2

The blogger doesn't seem optimistic about Sonic showing up in any form. Granted, she doesn't see Sonic as one of Paramount's bigger releases compared to the summer stuff, so we'll see.

However, I'm keeping my expectations in check. Something will show up eventually even if not today.

• Thumbs Up 3

Same here. It is what it is. If there is news, then great. If not, it is all part of the fun in waiting for whenever it is released!

Edit: It looks like they are showing Clifford in full. Not sure that leaves time for anything else (guessing not?). But again, its good to keep our expectations in check, so let's stay positive!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah honestly we could probably lock or delete this thread at this point haha. It's fine, as it wasn't guaranteed or anything!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Mission Impossible was the only 2022 movie mentioned. The nearest film trailer was for Top Gun Maverick. The panel then ended with a full screening of Clifford the big red dog.

Damn, I guess nothing is ready enough even for a press trailer. Oh well. Gotta keep waiting.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The title was changed to Paramount Cinemacon Panel - Sonic Movie News? [Starting Now]

Ah, dammit. Really thought today was gonna be the day.

Also, the blogger apparently doesn't see Sonic 2 (& Knux) as one of Paramount's bigger releases. That's... never a good sign, is it?

So the next Cinemacon is in March, so something will definitely appear by then, but by then I'm sure we'll get at least two trailers by then. XD

2 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Ah, dammit. Really thought today was gonna be the day.

Also, the blogger apparently doesn't see Sonic 2 (& Knux) as one of Paramount's bigger releases. That's... never a good sign, is it?

To be fair, she's right at least for her reservation. It's a spring release for a family friendly feature, on the cusp of competiting with summer blockbusters. Paramount may be pulling out the big guns for this next one, but they want to prioritize their more guaranteed big box office films for the summer summer.

So we are definitely high priority for Paramount, but still somewhat reserved.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So Mission Impossible was the only 2022 movie mentioned. The nearest film trailer was for Top Gun Maverick. The panel then ended with a full screening of Clifford the big red dog.

Damn, I guess nothing is ready enough even for a press trailer. Oh well. Gotta keep waiting.

What month does Mission Impossible show up in 2022?  Because if the movie got a let's say a January release, while Sonic has an April release, then that's probably why we haven't seen Sonic in this year's Cinemacon since it's still too early to show anything for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

What month does Mission Impossible show up in 2022?  Because it the movie got a let's say a January release, while Sonic has an April release, then that's probably why we haven't seen Sonic in this year's Cinemacon since it's still too early to show anything for Sonic.

In May, after Sonic! Top Gun is also May 2022.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

What month does Mission Impossible show up in 2022?  Because it the movie got a let's say a January release, while Sonic has an April release, then that's probably why we haven't seen Sonic in this year's Cinemacon since it's still too early to show anything for Sonic.

Probably a bigger deal that Scream didn't get a trailer since it also has a January release. Material is most likely available for it, but it definitely isn't a huge priority for Paramount if they're not doing any marketting for that. (Or premiering it in october.)

But I'd say it's less it's too early, and more just, "they don't have anything yet."

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably the reason why we haven't seen anything Sonic related is because Paramount hasn't finished editing the film yet.  It takes months for the CGI animation to be done and they probably didn't finish it in time for Cinemacon.  Also, I guess movies like Top Gun and Mission Impossible were already established in the film industry, so they would go with the more established films.

• The title was changed to Paramount Cinemacon Panel - Sonic Movie News? [Update: Nope]