Awoo.

First Details, New Characters Revealed for IDW Sonic Mini Series “Imposter Syndrome”

Dreadknux

Just now, Mauro Fonseca said:

Really funny to me to just see random stuff I tweet reposted here lol. You missed the one where I posted an entire image collage of inspirations for Surge- the Kit one is a reply to that.

Ian's already clarified this one- Kit's based on when he was a kid trying to make the Ashura glitch in multiple Sonic 3 levels and accidentally made Tails purplish-blue in Launch Base

Honestly had no clue you were a member here or I would've tagged lol.  Now that you mention it, I do recall that post existing, just remembered the King of Sorrow in particular which is what I used to search when attempting to compile a list of inspirations.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

Ian's already clarified this one- Kit's based on when he was a kid trying to make the Ashura glitch in multiple Sonic 3 levels and accidentally made Tails purplish-blue in Launch Base

Wow, yet another palette swap I'm unaware of. Thanks for the heads up!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, TailsGotTrolled said:

realtalk I hope we get more characters that arent based on palette glitches.  Thats going to get old eventually.

Aren't Starline, Surge & Kit the only ones that are glitch inspired? There's like 7 more IDW characters that aren't.

Also...what other glitches have character-making potential?

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/5/2022 at 7:39 AM, TailsGotTrolled said:

realtalk I hope we get more characters that arent based on palette glitches.  Thats going to get old eventually.

They are all inspired by... something. Starline is more than a glitch though, that's just the design, but so are Surge and Kit.

Tangle is original but her tail is based off the grappling hook from Forces, Whisper by the avatar in Forces. Belle is inspired by Tinker which is the original Eggman design as protagonist in early Sonic 1 concepts.

But this is simply design inspirations. The characters and personalities are original.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/5/2022 at 7:39 AM, TailsGotTrolled said:

Pretty much what KoDaiko ad Red Hot Jack said. Your complain really doesn't have a leg to stand on... 😅

17 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Aren't Starline, Surge & Kit the only ones that are glitch inspired? There's like 7 more IDW characters that aren't.

Also...what other glitches have character-making potential?

That one glitch where Sonic turns into a fish.

What is this? | Sonic Colors: Ultimate Glitches | Know Your Meme

• Chuckle 2
  • My Emmerdoods 2

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that Surge isn't just Scourge reincarnated or whatever....

I mean, they MUST have been doing that on purpose lol

Once this storyline ends, I'll figure out what I think of her and Kit as a team and as characters (mainly to see if they turn good and remember their pasts, or if they keep on being more gray and kind of end up like Hooligans or something,) but honestly that's all I can think of every time I see her.

• 2 months later...

When I first saw Surge, I thought they were inspired by merging Scourge with Turbo Fink character from OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.spacer.png

9 hours ago, Matdrac said:

When I first saw Surge, I thought they were inspired by merging Scourge with Turbo Fink character from OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.spacer.png

Well, both Scourge and Surge were inspired by the Ashura glitch, so that's something, I guess.

Then again, Surge can be considered Scourge, minus the CO.

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Well, both Scourge and Surge were inspired by the Ashura glitch, so that's something, I guess.

Then again, Surge can be considered Scourge, minus the CO.

I know that, but Turbo Fink's character has certain traits that are very similar to Surge and the comparison made me laugh.