Awoo.

Trouble With Google Sign-In

charmsb

So back when I first signed up for the site, I tried using google to create an account. For some reason it just didn't work and told me I'm not permitted, for whatever reason. So I tried with another google account and it worked (and created the account I'm using now). That all works well and good, but...

When I sign into my first google account on my browser, the one I couldn't create an account with, I can't sign into this site... at all.

This happens when I click "Sign in with Google":

bugreoirt.jpg.3c3a383439dda1a87cb2e8aa044ae10e.jpg

The only remedy is closing all browser tabs and not signing into my first google account before I sign into this forum. Not sure if this is a problem with the site or whatever forums host this uses, but hopefully this can be looked into. Sorry if my report here isn't very clear, let me know if I need to restate what I said.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of confusion with the old site code here... we're looking to do a major upgrade over the weekend so we should be able to troubleshoot the situation once that's done. We're also going to be working on some member maintenance (i.e. deleting members still in verification mode, nothing horrifying) so maybe that might unclog some stuff, who knows. 🤷‍♂️ But once we upgrade, we'll give this a look and see what is causing the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of confusion with the old site code here... we're looking to do a major upgrade over the weekend so we should be able to troubleshoot the situation once that's done. We're also going to be working on some member maintenance (i.e. deleting members still in verification mode, nothing horrifying) so maybe that might unclog some stuff, who knows. 🤷‍♂️ But once we upgrade, we'll give this a look and see what is causing the problem.

Thanks, take your time! Its a very minor concern