Awoo.

Sonic Colors Ultimate Web Comic: 'The Whisper of Invasion'

Dreadknux

B11AA126-6F75-43B5-97D7-56A5D11DE416-895x375.jpeg

It looks like Sonic Colors Ultimate is getting more than just a web series: Sonic’s Japanese Twitter account has released a three page web comic! At the moment, the comic is only available in Japanese, but Kazuyuki Hoshino has confirmed that an English translation will be released soon. This web comic is considered “episode 1,” so there will be more.

We’ll be sure to update this post with the English translation when it becomes available! Until then, check out the web comic below:

B502CA53-AF87-43D0-BEDF-444FC2098FEB-scaled.jpeg

B11AA126-6F75-43B5-97D7-56A5D11DE416-scaled.jpeg

158B329B-C90C-4AD9-ADC0-776F949887BC-scaled.jpeg

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/08/sega-releases-sonic-colors-web-comic/

• Thumbs Up 5

I mean, it sure is a 3 page web comic. Not sure what else to say. The art is nice, I guess. If anything, it might be cool to see how Yacker ended up where he did.

The Sonic Twitter account posted the English version of this comic, looks like there's more to come:

• Thumbs Up 1

They've been going in hard with promotion Colors Ultimate. Thinking about it, actually, ever since Mania Plus, Sega has been releasing a crazy amount of side content/media for all of their new Sonic releases... like, beyond the usual tie-in comic. I like this trend.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 2

21 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

They've been going in hard with promotion Colors Ultimate. Thinking about it, actually, ever since Mania Plus, Sega has been releasing a crazy amount of side content/media for all of their new Sonic releases... like, beyond the usual tie-in comic. I like this trend.

It's definitely giving more attention to the games, which is a really good strategy in promoting their content.  I hope that SEGA continues doing these side promotions because I think it's really helping the brand at the moment.

I'm hoping they go with similar effort for the next game.

Now that I think about it, there was an officially promoted tie-in comic with Forces, so I guess we can say that's one of their locked in strategies now.

• 2 weeks later...

So Sonic & Tails showed up because of an ad on TV?

E-2w1KPVEAAqJBO?format=jpg&name=4096x409E-2w1KQVUAY7bD2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Is Dr. Eggman's message a sign of truce or something more sinister? Sonic and Tails race off to find out!