Awoo.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Sonictrainer

• The title was changed to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (Coming in 2023)

Looks cool, but seems very early. Don't have much to say yet. Excited for a unique take about the Symbiote story-line. I've never cared for Kraven but seeing him run the show for a bit would be fun.

I think what really excites me personally is they have a really damn good setup for the Black Suit storyline. With May dead, there’s not much to keep Peter restrained if he was to end up with the symbiote, and with Miles being in the game, we could have a really cool setup where we get to use the black suit as a gameplay mechanic for awhile, but it eventually causes Peter to go rogue. 

This would allow us to switch control over to Miles for a portion of the story where he has to try stop Spider-Man and could even eventually end up with a boss fight with Miles going against a crazed Peter fully under the symbiote’s control. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I right in saying that the story "Kraven's Last Hunt" was during the Black suit story? Makes sense for him to pop up if so. Looking forward to this now, just need to get a PS5.

23 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Am I right in saying that the story "Kraven's Last Hunt" was during the Black suit story? Makes sense for him to pop up if so. Looking forward to this now, just need to get a PS5.

Correct:

611xacur01L.jpg

Granted, I don't know if they'd go straight into a Last Hunt adapt, but interesting none the less.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think what really excites me personally is they have a really damn good setup for the Black Suit storyline. With May dead, there’s not much to keep Peter restrained if he was to end up with the symbiote, and with Miles being in the game, we could have a really cool setup where we get to use the black suit as a gameplay mechanic for awhile, but it eventually causes Peter to go rogue. 

This would allow us to switch control over to Miles for a portion of the story where he has to try stop Spider-Man and could even eventually end up with a boss fight with Miles going against a crazed Peter fully under the symbiote’s control. 

Alright so here's my wild bet

Obviously Peter had the Iron Spider suit in the first game but it was a bonus while this seems to be a "canon" upgrade to his gameplay that may or may not involve the Avengers or w/e.

So what if Miles is the one that gets the symbiote as his "upgrade?"

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Alright so here's my wild bet

Obviously Peter had the Iron Spider suit in the first game but it was a bonus while this seems to be a "canon" upgrade to his gameplay that may or may not involve the Avengers or w/e.

So what if Miles is the one that gets the symbiote as his "upgrade?"

That would be an interesting take, and the comics have done that before, with Miles getting a symbiote during the Absolute Carnage arc. The only thing I thought might be an issue is I think Miles’ Venom Blast is one of the symbiote’s weaknesses, as he was able to forcefully shed the symbiote off of Brock, but if he was possessed by it in Absolute Carnage, it seems it’s not a cure all.

• 1 year later...

Got some gameplay today

Kraven’s Hunters are in pursuit of Dr. Curt Connors, AKA The Lizard, and Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, need to stop them. 

Launching Fall 2023, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is the next game in PlayStation’s critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise. Developed by Insomniac Games in collaboration with Marvel Games and PlayStation for the PlayStation 5 console. 

• The title was changed to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (Coming Fall 2023)

God it looks so cool. Yuri's voice work showing off the pure anger Peter has with the suit on, it's nuts. Really feels like he's channelling the anger over Ock's betrayal and May's death from the first game, honestly.

He's super pissed at Kraven because they're hunting Connors too. He's the one helping Harry Osborn in this game, which makes it even more personal to Pete. I wonder tho'... Will Harry become Venom or are they toying with us? Because if that post credits scene is any indication...

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (Coming October 20th, 2023)

Damn, I haven't finished both the first game and Miles's game yet and the sequel looks 10x massive and crazier!

Nice, gives me plenty of time to soak in TotK lmao. That's the rub with being a fan to so many larger games and having a 9 to 5, gotta be lucky that they don't all come out together.

God I'm so hyped for this.

• 1 month later...

Story Trailer:

Also a limited edition console for those interested:

Out atm so can’t type too much but jfc Miles got a glow up lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

We get some more information on the new updated map, missions, and more

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Senior Creative Director Bryan Intihar narrates a first look at the newly expanded Marvel's New York and what you can expect from its next-gen open-world gameplay.

Developed by Insomniac Games in collaboration with Marvel Games and PlayStation, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 continues the saga of the critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise.

Pre-order Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Digital Deluxe Edition on PlayStation™Store, available October 20, 2023, only on PlayStation 5. 

In Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Spider-Men Peter Parker and Miles Morales face the ultimate test of strength inside and outside the mask as they fight to save the city, each other and the ones they love, from the monstrous Venom and the dangerous new symbiote threat.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
• Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 full game for PS5®
• 5 unique Miles Morales suits
o EnC0ded Suit design by Kris Anka
o Biomechanical Suit design by Jerad Marantz
o Tokusatsu Suit design by Julia Blattman
o Agimat Suit design by Anthony Francisco
o Red Spectre Suit design by Sweeney Boo
• 5 unique Peter Parker suits
o Aurantia Suit design by Raf Grassetti 
o Apunkalyptic Suit design by Jerad Marantz
o Tactical Suit design by Joel Mandish 
o Stone Monkey design by Victoria Ying
o 25th Century Suit design by Anthony Francisco
• Additional Photo Mode items
• +2 Skill Points

Also includes pre-order incentive items:

• Arachknight Suit for Peter early unlock (includes three color variants)
  • Shadow-Spider Suit for Miles early unlock (includes three color variants)
  • Web Grabber gadget early unlock
  • +3 Skill Points

Developed by Insomniac Games in collaboration with Marvel Games and PlayStation, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 continues the saga of the critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise.

Eeeep - this and FFVII Rebirth means I finally need to start weighing up my options on considering a PS5 next year. A nice look in ahead of release next month!

You were right on the money @Jango- that map is bigger for sure with the new areas included!  

• Thumbs Up 1

More Gameplay revealed, via GameInformer

We played Marvel's Spider-Man 2 In Los Angeles and came away with a ton of new info about developer Insomniac Games' open-world action game. In this episode of New Gameplay Today, we showcase publisher-provided footage — reflective of our recent hands-on session — and share our reactions from fighting Lizard, changes to the series' web-swinging mechanics, and Peter Parker and Miles Morales' new Web Wings, which allows the heroes to glide throughout New York City.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a new cinematic trailer

Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, return for an exciting new adventure in the critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise for the PS5 console. Equipped with Miles’ new bioelectric venom power and Peter’s Spider-Arms, the Spider-Men face the ultimate test of strength inside and outside the mask as they fight to save the city, each other and the ones they love, from the monstrous Venom. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 launches October 20, 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a Launch Trailer....5 days before launch

Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, return for an exciting new adventure in the critically acclaimed Marvel's Spider-Man franchise for PS5. Nine months after the events of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, we find Miles still enlisting Peter's help, but when the mysterious symbiote appears, Peter and Miles' relationships are put to the test. Peter begins to change as he gains symbiote powers, and Miles, Mary Jane, Harry, and the rest of the friend group must help Peter while also facing the impending threats from a cast of new villains like Kraven, Lizard, Sandman, and Venom!