Awoo.

Your Favorite Fictional Characters

Thirsty Pocket

Well I was waiting patiently for this topic to get re-created by the person who created the topic before we got eclipse canon'd. But it's been long enough. I held back last time this topic came up, but now I wont.

Basically, you list a few of your favorite characters, post a picture if you have on handy, tell us about the character, and why you like him. It's best to post a few, and post more later when you can think of them.

I hesitated to re-create this topic myself, because most of my favorite fictional characters are probably so..."bleh" and mostly come from video games. But hey, whatever.

I'm starting now.

Harley Quinn

from Batman the Animated Series

15295harley_quinn.jpg

She's the Joker's hench wench who originated in the animated series. She was so popular, that she actually became a character in the official comic canon. I don't really keep up with the comics or anything... so I know her best from the animated series. Despite being a psychotic criminal, she was a really cute character that you could not help cheering for. ( Yeah, I'm not really good at giving reasons for why I like these characters... )

Who can forget the classic episode where she teamed up with Poison Ivy?

Dr.Robotnik

theevildrrobotnik.jpg

Sonic will always be my favorite character in the series, but if this topic doesn't get crushed, I will talk about that later. Dr. Robotnik is a very complex character. He used to my like... my 4rth or 5th favorite character in the series... but... in the past couple of months, Im thinking he rose to my number 2. Enough about that though.

He comes in many forms. And each form is great ( well ok, maybe not in the early days of Archie comics... ) ...my fondest memories of Dr. Robotnik come from the days he was a rotten villain in the cartoon AoSTH. While I always will prefer his more serious TV counterparts over his Game and Anime form with a silly nick name, I do enjoy Dr. Eggman as well. He's a really complex character. He definitely doesn't appear to be as evil as people made him out to be in the early days. In every incarnation, he's always had lackies to boss around. It wasn't until Sonic unleashed that this happened in the games. I think Robotnik is at his best when he's ranting to a lackey, my favorite being Snivley.

Ness

from EarthBound/MOTHER 2

ness-character-super-smash-bros-melee-screenshot-big.jpg

I feel really bad that it took a gathering of Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Link in the same game for me to even acknowledge EarthBound's existence (along with some other great characters). ...I feel even worse that I waited till 3 years ago to play the game to completion ( I played it when Melee hit, but only up to Moon side. ) Next to Sonic, EarthBound/MOTHER is my favorite video game series of all time. But this topic isn't about that. It's about characters.

So let's talk about the game's silent protagonist, Ness. He's a blank slate, basically. I really like characters like that. When you are playing the game, you kind of feel you are with the character, or that you, yourself, are in the characters shoes. While Mario and Link are quiet for this same reason, they don't really pull it off the way EarthBound characters do. And outside of playing the game, I like blank slate characters, because it gives the fan permission to give them their own personality however they see fit.

Ness definitely has to be the most powerful of the three main characters in the MOTHER series, even before he gets to all eight sanctuaries, defeats the nightmare, and gains the power of the Earth. Ninten and Lucas never come close to being as powerful as him.

He's also likable...because of the settings and characters around him. He lives in a present day, seemingly normal world. He's no knight, or bounty hunter, he's just a kid who happens to have Psychic powers, but chooses to use a bat. He beats up dogs, aliens, and hippies. That's awesome.

Righty o. Now let's hear some of yours. I'll post some more of mine, after I hear from you.

Agent Smith, The Matrix

agentsmith.jpg

I like my bad guys but I don’t think they come any more bad-ass than Agent Smith. I think it’s something about looking so cool and unassuming in that suit but actually he’s a fighting machine. Defeated by Neo in the first Matrix film Smith refuses to be deleted and returns to the Matrix as a virus with the awesome ability to copy himself. He’s also responsible for some of the best lines of the film

“Agent Thompson: You!

Agent Smith: Yes, me.

[turns Thompson into another Smith]

Agent Smith: Me... me... me...

Agent Smith Clone: Me too.”

Ooh, cool! I'll gladly repost my list, as I was the one who started the topic last time.

I'll list mine as a top five list.

Detective Richard Moore/Detective Kogorou Mouri

mouri.jpg

From Case Closed/Detective Conan, it's everyone's(Well, my) favorite bumbling private eye. Richard is vain, arrogant, and quick to jump to conclusions, yet despite that(And the fact that most of his fame was earned by Jimmy/Shinichi Kudo), he has proven himself to be an effective detective in his own right at times.

Moore's deductive skills aren't bad, per se; he's just a bit slower on the uptake than Jimmy is. Furthermore, the second movie shows that he's also a skilled shot in addition to a skilled sleuth, so despite his comical nature, he's definitely not mere comic relief.

Of course, his comical nature is the main reason I like the character. His over-the-top zany antics, cluelessness, and- most importantly- his unwavering love for his own ego make him a thoroughly entertaining character to watch. And given the series is still going in Japan, there's a whole lot of screentime for the goofy gumshoe to ham it up.

Richard. Because when it comes to hard work, sometimes less is Moore.

Hercule/Mr. Satan

hercule.jpg

What Richard is for the deductive arts, Hercule is for martial arts. Dragon Ball Z's self-aggrandizing champion is in a class of his own, and the afro-donning warrior has a lot more depth than he initially lets on, both in terms of physical prowess and his compassionate nature.

While not nearly as strong as the main characters, Hercule is amazingly powerful for an ordinary human, and has rightfully earned his place as a true champion among fighters. But more importantly than that, he's a genuinely good and kindhearted person, despite his overdone tough guy act. His friendship with Majin Buu helped the creature learn to fight for the forces of good, and his eventual pleas for the planet to lend their power for a final Spirit Bomb was integral to saving mankind. He is truly a hero in every sense of the word.

Of course, what draws me to the character is many of the same qualities I found so entertaining about Richard- Hercule showboats his way through life, with overconfident cries of his own awesomeness, flashy displays of power, and a charmingly goofy disposition that added that much-needed lightheartedness to the later series. From his antics in the tournament to his unsuccessful attempts to learn how to fly, Hercule was always a champion of comedy. He's also really fun to play as in the games based on the show, as he usually comes packed with wacky joke moves, giving his fighting style a uniquely comical flavor.

Waluigi

waluigi.png

Everybody cheating but he! Weh heh heeeeeh!

Ah, Waluigi. I'm not even sure why I like this character so much. I just do.

His out-of-nowhere debut in Mario Tennis, and recurring appearances ever since, have always brought a smile to my face due to the sheer absurdity of the character's nature. As I was already a Wario fan when I was introduced to this guy, he became an instant favorite, giving Wario a friend and someone equally-twisted to interact with.

He's never been too important to the storylines of the games, usually taking the role of a minor nuisance instead of a full-fledged villain or a fellow adventurer like Wario, but he's just so ridiculous and amusing that I can't help but like the guy.

Wario

wario.jpg

What humble beginnings this character has risen from. Initially a mere "Bizzaro Mario" when he debuted in Super Mario Land 2, Wario very quickly developed a distinct identity of his own with the Wario Land platformers. And what an identity it was; Wario was greedy, loud, obnoxious, and an all-around hilarious character. Never before have I seen such a seamless blending of comic hijinks and badass toughness all rolled into a single character.

Wario is self-centered in such an overdone and ridiculous way that it becomes outright endearing. His love of cash, unhealthy foods, and of course himself creates a wacky character of pure id. Of course, there are hints that Wario has a soft side(He finds Mona cute according to the third dream sequence in WarioWare Inc.), which just make the character even more likable.

To me, Wario's an interesting concept. Most overblown funny characters are usually cast aside as weak, unimportant, "comic relief" roles. But Wario turns the standard on its head and manages to be amusing and incredibly strong and capable at the same time. And for that he's an awesome character in my book. In fact, he was my all-time favorite throughout my childhood, at least before I found...

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

tenniseggmankp6.png

Where do I begin? Dr. Eggman seems like a perfect combination of all the traits I love in a single character. He's got a wacky and theatrical personality, coupled with an arrogant love of his own existence. But at the same time, he not only has a soft side, but a very complex sense of morality that is rarely seen in villains, especially primary antagonists like himself.

First, Eggman is a deadly and capable foe, and has proven this countless times across the Sonic series. From giant robots and widespread invasions to more subtle schemes like sapping Sonic of his speed, Eggman's come back time and time again with a new scheme to achieve world conquest. Some of his greatest villainous accomplishments include, but are not limited to, defeating Super Sonic, creating Eggman Land, and even conquering the world successfully.

Of course, as I've said in other topics, I see Eggman as a character first and a villain second. Naturally, his personality and brilliant characterization is what drew me to him and made me the fan I am today. While Eggman is renowned for launching doomsday machines and giving longwinded speeches about his ambitions for world domination, he's also just a normal guy in his off time. From idle conversation with his minions to enjoying a sandwich for dinner; Eggman even scratches his butt when he's by himself in SA2, going against his usual "classy gentleman" persona he tries to exude when in public. Sure, Eggman's a would-be dictator, but at the same time, he's a plain old middle-aged guy.

A more blatant show of his personality is his self-love. Statues, emblems, murals, even machines in the likeness of his own face populate the series. Eggman is completely enamored with himself, and simply thinks the world should feel the same way. You thought Sonic had an ego? He's got nothing on Dr. Eggman.

But most of all, what I love about Eggman is that he's a fundamentally good person. He may try to take over the world, and consequently endanger innocent lives, but he has a heart, and even the heroes know he has a self-imposed code of honor and abhors needless cruelty(Tails's acknowledgment of this in Sonic Unleashed was a nice nod to this fact). Naturally, he's also helped save the world multiple times. Argue that it was only to save himself if you want, but Sonic and friends couldn't have averted several apocalypses without Eggman's guidance and active support in battle. Truly, Eggman has to be the most heroic villain I've ever seen.

It's these combinations of aspects that make Eggman such an appealing character to me, making him number one on my list.

Conclusion

Well, that about wraps it up. I've noticed some interesting correlations about my favorite characters- They're all wacky, over-the-top, mustached men. But they're all over the place in terms of morality, role in their story, and prominence in their universe. Most interesting.

Edited by Fancypants

OK, I'm going to re-mention every single one which I did in the old topic. Therefore, this is going to be one super humongous post for you to read.

So here we go...

anakinskywalker.jpg

Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader (from the Star Wars franchise)

He always makes a tremendous impact on the turn of events, regardless of who he chooses to side with and regardless of what his beliefs are. He doesn't allow any obstacles to prevent him from achieving what he wants. And his love for a woman remains unaltered despite him switching armies.

180px-Amy_Rose_Shadow.jpg

Amy Rose (from the Sonic franchise)

She should already be self-explanatory to you people. She's got a big caring heart and she's so irresistably cuddly. And

she's quite courageous, which makes her a good rolemodel for young females.

'Nuff said.

Sailor_Jupiter.jpg

Sailor Jupiter (from the Sailor Moon franchise)

My reason for liking Sailor Jupiter is because she's a natural redhead with green eyes, and because she's a very tough tomboy on the inside who remarkably manages to retain a sleek feminine appearance on the outside.

I simply love that, it turns me on. She's so beautiful :)

And of course, how can anybody ignore her electric shock & lightning-zap powers? They make her a suitable mate for a Dark Jedi :D

180px-Raiden_The_Liandri_Conflict.PNG

Raiden (from the Mortal Kombat franchise)

He's got electric shock & lightning-zap powers, and I've always loved such things. :D

And he utters hillarious gibberish when he flies across the screen. It makes him so memorable.

jetta.gif

Jetta Maxx (from the Eternal Champions franchise)

She's got the same ethnic background as me. She's a circus acrobat who can easily whoop anybody's arse with a few

well-executed cartwheels. And she's a hawt redhead.

'Nuff said.

twoface1.gif

Harvey Dent aka Two-Face (from the Batman franchise)

I like him for the same reasons as I like Anakin Skywalker. He's always making a huge impact on events. Difficult to ignore. Love for a woman remains unaltered no matter what happens.

uma_thurman-poison-ivy_002.jpg

Pamela Isley aka Poison Ivy (from the Batman franchise)

She has very clever ways of getting exactly what she wants. Cops are powerless against her... Especially the male cops. :D

Oh, and she's also got that funky hair!

arachnotron.gif

Arachnotron (from the DOOM franchise)

I admire this demon's auto-aiming and motion-tracking plasma cannon.

Regardless of how far away the player stands, regardless of how quickly the player moves, and regardless of which direction the player is moving in, this dude can track the player's exact position in milliseconds and bombard them with a continuous stream of green plasma bolts.

The only way for the player to dodge that continuous stream of green plasma bolts is to step behind a wall. Otherwise, by remaining out in the open, he/she is toast for sure.

I also love the mechanical and robotic sounds that this demon emanates while engaged in battle. They make me squirm in pleasure.

prota.gif

BJ Blazkowicz (from the Wolfenstein franchise)

This guy is a playable character rather than an adversary. He is the one who single-handedly succeeds in assassinating Adolf Hitler, as well as several other key members of the Third Reich (The Nazi Empire of Germany).

If he was a real-life person then there would definitely be several monuments and statues of him scattered around the planet.

Besides, I keep seeing his face at the bottom of the screen each and every time when I play the game... His facial

expressions almost accurately match my own whenever I am either winning or losing the fight. So he's my bro. :D

mage.gif

Daedolon the Mage (from the Heretic & Hexen franchise)

This is a playable character from Hexen 1. (And yes, he is my avatar on the SSMB and on almost every other website where I ever dare to register.)

Daedolon has the weakest armour out of all the available playable characters, but what I like about him is that all of his

weapons can shoot long-range projectiles instead of forcing him to fight in close-range combat.

He's a very accurate sniper who can efficiently target the enemy from any altitude.

I also like him because he wears a hood on his head. (Yes, I confess that I've had an enormous obsession with hoodies since elementary school.)

Phew.

I'm so tired. Damn.

*wipes sweat*

Now please, don't let these wonderful topics become deleted again!

Edited by DarkJedi188

bugsbunnyforever.jpg

While the Looney Tunes is my all my favorite cartoon, my all time favorite fictional character is Bugs Bunny. Always clever, always witty, and always funny, Bugs Bunny continues to entertain me to this day whenever I see his cartoons.

Edited by Kevin

5. Yotsuba

yotsuba_vol1_cover.jpg

This is the first Manga book I've ever read, and probably my favorite manga character. Her bubbly personality always makes her "adventures" with her friends very interesting.

4. Dr. Robotnik

dr_robotnik.gif

My favorite villain ever. I mean, this one's obvious.

3. Homestar Runner

NewestHomestar.png

They way he's so nice that he's oblivious to everything is hilarious. His interactions with other characters are really funny.

2. Calvin

calvin2.jpg

I love this guy. His overactive imagination always gets him into trouble.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog

sonic.jpg

I love his personality, design, and games. I like both the new and old designs. He's also very fun to draw, and easy to stylize.

Edited by whatagreatview

charac_sonic.gif

Sonic's my all time favourite fictional character. Why? Because he's majorly good looking, cute, has an awesome personality, has great merchandise XD etc. Pretty much everything about him is great. I would include other favourite fictional characters but I can't think of any, I don't like any as much as Sonic.

Edited by S o n i c
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rock Lee: Naruto

1231169262_rock-lee.jpg

Initially Rock Lee may have started life as a tongue in cheek homage to Bruce Lee but in all seriousness he’s my favourite member of the entire Naruto cast. Lacking any sort of Jitsu he relies solely on his taijutsu, his physical attack power. Despite his odd, even geeky appearance he’s truly a force to be reckoned with. His rock hard determination and never say die attitude are his best qualities and despite his shortcomings Lee truly shines in a series full of emo angst filled characters.

But the straight laced Lee has another side to him. Feed him a small amount of alcohol and Lee is transformed into a whirling dervish of destruction utilizing the “Drunken Fist” style to it’s full, rendering him “Almost Invincible” (words of the fifth Hokage, not mine!). I laughed through almost all of that fight.

I can't remember who I said last time...

so

konata.jpg

Konata (Lucky Star)

hatsunemiku.jpg

Miku (Vocaloid)

nopan-megurine-luka.jpg

Luka (Vocaloid)

pikachu-poster-1l.jpg

I choose you!

I'll come back if I think of more...

Edited by Mollfie

I have some really interesting fictional characters that are favorites of mine. I include the pictures of the ones I really really like the most. Yup.

Sonic the Hedgehog

zzzzzczzzz.jpg

I have to mention him first! I just have to. Sonic is the man! He is fast as all hell and he's blue. He is ultra fast and proud of it. He totally rules. Of course, he's one of my favorite characters. I wouldn't be here at SSMB if he wasn't.

Miles "Tails" Prower

tailsmain.jpg

He's tied with Tino (scroll down below to read more on him) as my favorite fictional character of all-time. Sonic is lucky to have him as a friend and sidekick. Tails is ultra cute. I love the fact that he can fly and stuff. His tail whip is deadly and he will whip you with his tails if you mess with him. Tails rules!

Knuckles

391291-188175-knuckles_large.jpg

This is one tough echidna. The only echidna that I know of. He's gullible too, but that's all right. He is one hell of a fighter and he could kill you instantly with his deadly punches. Yeah, he's that damn powerful. I wouldn't mess with him while he's angry.

Dr. Robotnik/Eggman

robotnik1.jpg

Robotnik is a super evil villain. He rocks though! I like his attempts to bring Sonic and his pals down. He's a genius and he's insane. He is the epitome of a villain.

Homestar Runner

Who doesn't love Homestar Runner? He's just this lovable guy and it would be lame if you hated him. He has invisble arms and it's like he has telekinetic powers. That's what I like about him the most. He's also a great athlete. He seems like a really an excellent baseball player. He could definitely outrun Mick the Quick from the New York Yankees in a heartbeat.

Homsar

1096488424_uresHomsar.JPG

"I'm a song from the sixties!" He is a really great little dude. He's random as all fuck with the stuff he says. Homsar is the mini-version of Homestar. He is extremely hilarious.

Garfield

America's favorite cat! He's a super highlarious character. His sense of humor is very similar to mine. I liked watching Garfield & Friends when I was a boy. It was a really great show. His comics are funny too. Well he's originally a comic book character, of course.

Strong Bad

Another character from the Homestar Runner universe. He's a real bad ass guy. I like his taste in music. He's the most metal guy in the Homestar Runner universe. Hell yeah! I would have included a pic of him, but I like Death more.

The Cheat

The_Cheat_Character_Video.PNG

Strong Bad's partner in crime. He's a cute character and I would consider him my favorite character in the Homestar Runner realm.

Tino Tonitini

He's from Disney's The Weekenders. The final awesome Disney cartoon ever. He's my favorite fictional character of all-time. I was pretty much like him during my childhood. He has a really cool personality. His humor and imagination is unique. He's totally rocks! To learn more about him, go here. I would have include a pic, but it just couldn't work out.

Mario

I've said some hurtful things about him the past. Hell, I even called him some derogatory terms. Well, it's because I can since I'm Italian. This spaghetti slurpin' S.O.B. is a great character. He's not as cool as Sonic. Sonic should whip Mario into shape. Yeah!

Luigi

Mario's brother. He wears green (my favorite color). Luigi totally rocks. Don't have much to say about him. Tails could tail whip him to oblivion though.

Eddie

AlbumCovers-IronMaiden-Killers(1981).jpg

Iron Maiden's mascot. He doesn't always looks like this on every album cover. He looks different on every single IM album cover. I particularly like this version of Eddie the most. They should have kept this one. However, he's drawn differently every time so I guess it won't make fans bored of him or something.

Satan

DW20052x09TheSatanPit-01170.jpg

This dude is ultra metal! He rocks hell and he does it well! Satan rocks, dude! I think he's really a fictional character. You think he's real? Oh well shame on you.

Death

grim_reaper_by_blackpoint.jpg

The grim reaper man! He's one hell of a character, man. If this dude is real when I die, I'm not afraid of him. I would just go with him and we'd be best friends. Him and Satan would be the best of friends. We'll just rock hell! Hell yeah!

post-519-1237065696_thumb.jpg

A sonic fan on a sonic fansite?! NO WAI.

post-519-1237065744_thumb.jpg

Samurai Jack

Possibly the most pure of heart hero ever imagined. Where do I begin? he spent his entire life to prepare to destroy the physical incarnation of pure evil with a magic sword that can be used for good, is then flung into the far off future where said evil rules with an iron fist, he becomes the most wanted man alive, and with all this still attempts to go back to his destiny. Not only that but but Jack has quite possibly the most flawless manners I have ever seen; with all the aliens and future technology that exists in this unknown time Jack respects and never questions any strange or bizarre customs that he comes across.

post-519-1237065874_thumb.jpg

Monkey D. Luffy

I love this guy's personality. no matter what happens, no matter how thin the chances of surviving, Luffy always has this optimistic attitude, never backing on his dreams of being king of the pirates. And as immature as he seems, Luffy actually knows precisely what he is talking about (most of the time) and inspires nearly anyone he meets.

post-519-1237068092_thumb.jpg

General Grievous

While the cgi movie version of grievous is cool and I still like him, his badarsery pales in comparison to Genndy Tartakovsky's cartoon version. hardly saying a word, this half-kaleesh cyborg can singlehandedly own and kill most of 7 jedi or more. not to mention he can use a lightsaber with his freakin' feet!

Edited by Glacio

Satan

DW20052x09TheSatanPit-01170.jpg

This dude is ultra metal! He rocks hell and he does it well! Satan rocks, dude! I think he's really a fictional character. You think he's real? Oh well shame on you.

lordofdarkness_avatar.jpg

Pah Foxboy if you are going to mention Satan at least get the AMAZING Satan and not the pansy ass one! ;)

All right I am lazy and I am not going to put in pictures if you must know who someone is that bad you can ask me for images or you can google it like a normal questioning person does. *laughs*

First up...

Dr. Robotnik - Yes, he is an awesome bad guy and most others have listed all the reasons I would have said as to why he is so epic so I will just keep it simple. There are so many different versions and voices of him but in all ways he is great. I just prefer him voiced by Jim Cummings as that makes him all sorts of scary shit.

The REAL Lord of Darkness not Foxboy's so-called Satan - I was a bit of a late comer to the awesome film that is "Legend" with my favourite Tim Curry playing the Lord of Darkness himself and what a great show of it he does too! It's one of those eye poppingly amazing non-CGI effects that makes you say WOW considering the film was made in 1980-something it is VERY impressive how realistic and frightening he is. He is one of my favourites because I think we all have a bit of Satan in us, some are a lot more capable of doing evil than others are and some fight our inner Satan constantly. I just sort of have an empathy of sorts for him. Remember kids it doesn't need CGI to be frightening!

Sherlock Holmes - Good ol' Sherlock he is a typical stuck up Englishman who lets his side kick do all the work and then takes the credit. I absolutely love his books I have all of them and I have always had a bit of a soft spot for this asexual drug addicted genius.

King Acorn and Sally Acorn - I believe that King Acorn was the first Tim Curry experience I had (actually it was Hexxus from Fern Gully, but that's a different story for a more erotic topic! XD). King Acorn appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon dubbed SatAM and now in the Archieverse comics. He is a really awesome king and one of the few royal family members I dig. Sally is his daughter (duh) and was always one of those characters I admired because she isn't a dick and she can actually take care of herself and put Sonic in his place.

Hmm let me think who else....

Wile E Coyote and Pepe Le Pew were my favourite looney toons hence why they are on my desktop. I loved the Looney Tunes growing up and now I have an ACME catalogue with Wile all over it to help me pick my arsenal for taking over the world. Wile was a self proclaimed genius and failed miserably but he is just so darn lovable and Pepe was a hopeless romantic who did the wrong thing and was never appreciated... kind of like me so I guess I like them as I see some form of twisted similarity. XD

There we go.

Edited by Eileanach

Calvin and Hobbes

complete-calvin-hobbes.gif

Best cartoon ever. I love how, even though they are childish characters, the two have an amazing intellect that shows between immaturity.

Disturbed's "The guy"

DisturbedGuy2005.gif

More about what this guy symbolises. In the video for "Land of Confusion", he represents freedom from oppression, and hope for the little guy. That is why he gets a mention.

Got a few more.

Gon

gon3.jpg

Gon comes from a unique little 4 volume comic book that tells each of it's stories completely through the art style, not relying at all on dialogue, or even an onomatopoeia.

Gon himself is like a super hero, but for the animal kingdom. He defends weaker animals against predators ( hold on... that's not right is it? That's the natural order.... ah well. ) and shows the bigger beasts who's boss. Sometimes he's not always against predators though. He helped a tired old lion, who was just about to give up, catch a fast antalope.

At the end of the day though, he's still an animal, who eats to live, and hates to be mucked with.

Senbei Norimaki

39590.jpg

Dr. Slump is one strange as hell manga. I like it. The Dr. Himself is probably my favorite character. He's a scientist who's crazy, inventions always seem to backfire... usually at the hands of his most notable invention, Arale, his robotic "Daughter"

He's lecherous, and self centered, but like most of Toriyama's characters, he's still likable. He even manages to win the girl of his dreams... well before the Manga is over actually.

Popeye the Sailor

popeye.jpg

Watch one episode of Popeye and tell me he's not a BAMF, even if slightly racist ( I saw him punch a mexican just for smiling at him...?? wtf? )

Edited by Lando The Bat

Lina Inverse (Slayers series)

lina.jpg

Slayers was one of the first anime I watched, and I loved how the heroine was anything but heroic, rather a very flawed person who nonetheless ends up saving the world -- several times, to her annoyance.

Nanoha Takamachi (Lyrical Nanoha series)

nanoha.jpg

This is what happens when you make a magical girl show with a shonen mentality: a lead girl whore favorite method of making friends is blasting them with a giant laser beam. Fear the white devil!

Mai (Touhou Project series)

mai.png

The girl from my avatar. At first, appears to be shy and doesn't talk much while her friend Yuki is around; however, should Yuki fall first in battle, Mai shows that she's quite talkative, quite murderous and that she doesn't care for Yuki at all. (For the record, if Mai falls first, the Yuki gets enraged at you for shooting down her friend).

Lieselotte Achenbach (Arcana Heart series)

lieselotte.jpg

She's a 12-year old emotionless famous assassin. Her family was murdered in front of her, and since then she has been drifting around the world, without a purpose, other than accepting various murder jobs. She carries a leg-less doll containing her sister's soul around her travels, and is her preferred weapon. She's apparently fond of Heart as of AH2.

Jun Watarase (Happiness!)

jun.jpg

Everybody loves Jun! XD I love the random silly things he does out of nowhere (especially in the game). Also, missile patriot kick!!! XD

PD: Yes, Sonic is one of my favorite characters. No, I didn't put him in the post. Would be redundant, I think.

lordofdarkness_avatar.jpg

Pah Foxboy if you are going to mention Satan at least get the AMAZING Satan and not the pansy ass one! ;)

All right I am lazy and I am not going to put in pictures if you must know who someone is that bad you can ask me for images or you can google it like a normal questioning person does. *laughs*

The REAL Lord of Darkness not Foxboy's so-called Satan - I was a bit of a late comer to the awesome film that is "Legend" with my favourite Tim Curry playing the Lord of Darkness himself and what a great show of it he does too! It's one of those eye poppingly amazing non-CGI effects that makes you say WOW considering the film was made in 1980-something it is VERY impressive how realistic and frightening he is. He is one of my favourites because I think we all have a bit of Satan in us, some are a lot more capable of doing evil than others are and some fight our inner Satan constantly. I just sort of have an empathy of sorts for him. Remember kids it doesn't need CGI to be frightening!

Hehe, yup! :lol: Now that Satan seems really bad ass. I gotta see that movie with that Satan in it. I like 80's movies and I'll make sure to see it whenever I possibly can.

God yes Foxboy! You have now been educated and must see the REAL Satan. Gotta feel sorry for him though that costume and all that make up must have weighed a ton and made him sweat like a paedophile in a nursery....

I've already discussed my favorite Sonic characters in the Sonic section, so I'll leave those out.

Gman.jpg

The G-Man

Half-Life Series

A very complex and eerie transdimensional bureaucrat whose intentions are unclear, the G-Man makes the Half-Life series much deeper than another shooter in a dystopic world. The mute protagonist, Gordon Freeman, is looked to as a leader of the resistance against the Combine (the mostly unseen aliens who have taken over our universe as well as many others), yet he himself is being led by the G-Man. The only other person who seems to know about him is Eli Vance

who was sadly killed in the latest installment in the series

. His appeal comes from his nonchalant yet eerie speaking style that makes him sound like the guy in the next cubicle, only possessed by the devil and the complete lack of information about his character. He allows you to speculate about what may happen the next time around.

gta4-niko-bellic1.jpg

Niko Bellic

Grand Theft Auto IV

The comical yet heartbreaking story of GTAIV revolves around this Serbian immigrant. The story in this game feels like it takes a hint from Ragtime. Hearing about his cousin's successes in America, he moves to Liberty City to live with him only to find out all of his successes were a lie. But he later shows he came to get revenge on a man who betrayed him when he fought in the Serbian War. He does whatever he can to make due as he seeks this man. He has few morals, but he never breaks them. There is really too much to say about Niko Bellic, but he's really one of my favorite characters.

l_0f75b62a45824758429b07d5919e1c94.jpg

Sheldon Cooper

The Big Bang Theory

After I first watched this show, I became hooked. If you don't know, it's a sitcom about four nerdy Caltech grad students (an experimental physicist, a theoretical physicist, an engineer, and an astrophysicist) and a waitress at The Cheesecake Factory. Sheldon is my favorite of them for many reasons. Firstly, he's a scientific genius who went to college when he was 11 and studies String Theory, yet he has absolutely no idea about how society works. He doesn't know what's polite, what's gross, that people don't understand what the heck he's talking about or how sarcasm works. If there is such a thing as TOO logical, he is the dictionary definition. Secondly, he has the ultimate OCD. If he can't do his laundry at exactly 8:15 on Saturday night, he goes apeshit. This makes him very controlling, predictable and annoying to the other characters and hilarious to the viewer.

a_ryan.jpg

Andrew Ryan

BioShock

"A man chooses, a slave obeys". The confrontation with Andrew Ryan in BioShock remains my favorite scene in any video game ever. Ryan has the mind and thought process of a philosopher (specifically Ayn Rand, the root of his name) and the determination and fierceness of a lion. You approach him casually putting a golf ball as the city he created with his own two hands crumbles with him in it. He orders you to kill him to show his enemy that he is in charge until the end. This man puts his ideals before his own life. It's also one of the most climactic plot twists in a video game.

Not only does he reveal to you that you are nothing but a pawn; the whole game, you've been under control even though you've been playing the game the whole time, but you learn that the man who has been helping you to escape was just using you so he can take control of the city.

This scene, nay, game is Epic with a captial E.

metroidprimeguide_58.jpgmetroid_prime_3.jpg

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Series

Normally, I don't like it when games just have a final boss that sort of comes out of nowhere with little to no prerequisite or premonition. (See Paper Mario: TTYD, Star Fox Adventures, etc.) But the Metroid Prime creature has an interesting way around that; there is no dialogue (except some scenes in Metroid Prime 3) or unfolding story. Rather, the story is already out there and you uncover it from multiple perspectives. The space pirates discover Phazon, an enigmatic, toxic and radioactive compound that exhibits some lifelike properties. Their spartan society works, fights and researches with minimal ethic and are essentially trying to play God. They start a program to create supersoldiers and powerful weapons with Phazon. By screwing around with a Metroid, they create a monster called Metroid Prime. It tries to consume all the Phazon it can find and will destroy anything that tries to stop it from doing so. After Samus supposedly destroys the beast, it rises from its ashes with her DNA and abilities as well as its own and becomes Dark Samus. After first being a threat to the space pirates, she becomes their queen by Metroid Prime 3. Samus could only destroy her once and for all by destroying the source of Phazon: a far off planet called Phaaze. With a one track mind, cunning plans and no remorse, Metroid Prime is both a simple animal and a supervillain rolled up in one awesome package.

I've already discussed my favorite Sonic characters in the Sonic section, so I'll leave those out.

a_ryan.jpg

Andrew Ryan

BioShock

"A man chooses, a slave obeys". The confrontation with Andrew Ryan in BioShock remains my favorite scene in any video game ever. Ryan has the mind and thought process of a philosopher (specifically Ayn Rand, the root of his name) and the determination and fierceness of a lion. You approach him casually putting a golf ball as the city he created with his own two hands crumbles with him in it. He orders you to kill him to show his enemy that he is in charge until the end. This man puts his ideals before his own life. It's also one of the most climactic plot twists in a video game.

Not only does he reveal to you that you are nothing but a pawn; the whole game, you've been under control even though you've been playing the game the whole time, but you learn that the man who has been helping you to escape was just using you so he can take control of the city.

This scene, nay, game is Epic with a captial E.

Oh my God thank you SuperStingray I knew I had forgotten someone! Andrew Ryan is absolutely AMAZING and the game was also epic I agree fully.

Godzilla

GodzillaFWfinal6-800.jpg

So his movies can get lame and repetitive sometimes. I just can't help but love him.

I have several of his movies... I think my favorite is Godzilla 2000. Final wars was okay too.

The Joker

26178DC~The-Joker-Posters.jpg

He's ranked as the number one villain of all time. He's great. He's been made popular again by Heath Ledger's portrayal of him in The Dark Knight, but I feel that Joker was at his best when he was voiced by Mark Hamil in Batman the Animated Series.

The version of the Joker that Heath got in touch with, was the most disturbing "Arkham Asylum: A serious house on a serious earth" version. It's all good, but still, I prefer out clown prince of crime in animated format.

Princess Kumatora

Kumatora-Dancing-a.gif

From MOTHER 3

She's a tomboyish princess raised by rugged manly beings dressed like women. She doesn't wait to be rescued like some princesses probably would, instead she contemplates cutting her foot off to get out of a trap. Thankfully Wess and Duster keep her from doing that.

She isn't concerned at all with being polite and kind, and she's pretty handy with her PSI powers too.

I also dig her short spiky pink hair. She's cute without trying.

Goons 1-7

zw-goons.jpg

I just love these guys. I can't really explain why...

Edited by Lando The Bat

Princess Zelda

150px-Adult_princess_zelda,_(OoT).jpg

She's full of knowledge and love, and she's the most interesting character in the Zelda games, in my opinion. She shows that princess characters don't have to be fragile and helpless. She doesn't just get kidnapped; she fills a very important role in the story and is integral in saving the world from Ganondorf.

Edward Elric

edelricpout.jpg

He has a tragic backstory. He's devoted to his brother and his quirks are extremely amusing. I can't get enough of his temper, especially his Napoleon complex... and he's hot as hell.

Raven

raven104.jpg

Her backstory is disturbing and chilling. I loved the religious overtones. She has a morbid history, having been prophesied to destroy the world.

Patty Milfer

mamanene.jpg

She's just hilarious. I also sympathize with her situation of domestic abuse, even though it's played for laughs in the show. She has funny ways of expressing anger and she's one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

Yzma

Yzma.jpg

She's just so hilariously awesome that it goes without saying. Also, RIP, Eartha Kitt.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I could go on all day about favourite fictional characters! I'll try to keep it brief and not bore you all to tears!

First up, my favourite character of any fandom of all time, Knuckles the Echidna! This man (well... echidna) needs no introductions, he's just plain awesome! The stoic and devoted Guardian of the Master Emerald who leads a lonely lifestyle, despite his yearnings to run as free as the wind, like Sonic. He's rough-around-the-edges and most certainly headstrong, but he also has a deeper, softer, ooey-gooey caramel centre to him, and the contrast, especially given in his role and position, is simply adorable. He's honourable, honest, and, despite what some people may say about his intelligence, wise beyond his years; he has a philosophical and worldly air to his knowledge. He may not be streetsmart like Sonic or academic like Tails, but he is the master of all things ancient and legendary. His gullibility and social naivety is highly endearing to watch; from his awkward shyness around girls to his tendency to jump headfirst into battle, his flaws may be played for laughs, and whilst they are charming, they are also tragic, considering it is his lonely, duty-before-all lifestyle that has caused his psychological tickings. He's also seen and used as an easy target by the other characters, constantly being teased and prodded (especially by Sonic), and this tickles my protect-the-underdog instincts, and just serves to make me love him even more, though I wish he wasn't picked on so much...

I just... love this guy!

And my second favourite character of any fandom of all time, Blaze the Cat. Well now, what can I say about this regal feline? I like her for similar reasons that I like Knuckles, as they are fundamentally similar in character in the sense that they are both seemingly stoic and angry, whilst having deeper, sensitive souls. Like Knuckles, she is shy and a tad socially awkward, but still manages to keep her duties as top priority. She is emotionally repressed due to a firm belief that she is not allowed to show her (seemingly powerful) feelings to other people - this comes with devastating consequences when her temper snaps! She is honest, sometimes painfully so, and she can be misunderstood when her tactics to help a situation become harsh... For some reason, I have a soft-spot for "cruel to be kind" moments. It certainly helps that she acts nothing like your typical 'princess' character; she's neither overly feminine, nor a tomboy; not rebellious towards her title (though she amusingly dislikes being addressed as "Your Highness"), nor is she proud and flaunting of it; not weak and frail, not a damsel-in-distress, not bossy or mollycoddled, not a know-it-all despite intelligence... She's just herself (or... a repressed variation of). She's a strong character, but she has her flaws and weaknesses... Her acrophobia is particularly amusing to see.

Also, for some reason, I find her way of speaking hilarious. Don't ask me why.

"Cease these shenanigans!"

And now for my favourite villain of all time, Dr. Eggman. I love him to pieces! There's not much I can say that El Gran Gordo hasn't already covered - I love him for just about the same reasons. Whilst he is a capable and highly competent villainous mastermind when he wants to be, I'm much more drawn to him for his bright, colourful and lively personality. His humongous ego is both endearing and comical, especially the fact that he plasters his face on just about everything he creates, and his "evil" ambition is to build a themepark themed after himself! How awesome is that? Okay, so that may require destroying already-established cities in order to build it over them, but hey! It's still awesome. Whilst he is a very comical character, he, as good ol' El Gran Gordo rightfully points out, is morally complex and well... human. I actually really love how he's not a heartless, cold-blooded tyrant as he is protrayed in SatAM... If he was, I probably wouldn't like him that much at all... He's basically a big ol' attention-seeker, and it works so well... He has an IQ of 300, of course he's going to be eccentric, his quirks just so happen to include doing things on childish whims, and it's adorable! I believe that he finds the whole battle against Sonic fun really... I think he has just as much of a good time testing Sonic's skill and engaging in a battle of wits as much as the hedgehog, himself (perhaps minus the losing part... but he'll always be back to try again!). Rock on, Eggman!

Alright, I'd better stop with the Sonic characters now... I love almost all of the game cast, and could rant about them day and night.

From the Azumanga Daioh series, my favourite character is Sakaki-san. She's exceptionally tall compared to the other characters, and is looked upon in awe by everybody else - to them, she is the embodiment of "cool", a reticent and aloof character who sports a silently competitive aura. In reality, Sakaki-san is painfully shy and quite socially crippled, her so-called "aloof" and "reticent" nature merely being consequences of her perpetual shyness. She is a child at heart, favouring all things cute and fluffy - plushies, ribbons, cute little animals, you name it! She wishes she was small and cute like the things she loves, whilst ironically everybody else wants to be like her. She is very kind-hearted and has an exceptionally gentle demeanour; even when she is angered, she is never cruel and places her determination in dealing with it in a diplomatic approach. She seems to have some trouble separating imagination from reality, for example...

She believes that Chiyo-chan's father is a freaky floating yellow cat with a love-hate thing going on for tomatoes, can deflect bullets, play baseball amazingly well, and is Santa Claus.

She tends to take things very literally, and, whilst she may not express it to others, it's amusing to see what goes through in her mind. Oh, and, tragically, she is despised by the little kitties she loves so much... always getting bitten. :<

...And, I'm just realising now how ridiculously long this post is getting now, so I'll just try to generalise...

I like characters who have a contrast of seeming harsh and bitter/angry on the outside (whether by appearance, or the way they initially act), but are sensitive, deep, shy, sweet-natured, kind... generally soft and cuddly on the inside. Essentially I tend to like the resident "grump" of the series. XD

I also like loud, egotistical, grandiose and comical characters, but only if they have obvious shortcomings, or constantly fail... Bumbling villain types, essentially.

...I guess I could abbreviate it further and just say I love any character I can sympathise with, any that can tickle my love of the underdog... and such.

Yes, I think I'd better stop now... I hope I haven't put anyone to sleep. XD

3. Homestar Runner

NewestHomestar.png

They way he's so nice that he's oblivious to everything is hilarious. His interactions with other characters are really funny.

2. Calvin

calvin2.jpg

I love this guy. His overactive imagination always gets him into trouble.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog

sonic.jpg

I love his personality, design, and games. I like both the new and old designs. He's also very fun to draw, and easy to stylize.

Haha, yes. You just listed 3 of my favorite fictional characters right there. Another one that I'd like to add is:

Hal Emmerich (A.K.A. Otacon)

metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072843356_640w.jpg

My favorite character in the MGS series is a hard choice between Solid Snake, Otacon, Raiden, Meryl, Johnny, and Big Boss, but if I were to pick one, it would probably have to be Otacon. Or Raiden. I can't decide. Who doesn't like Otacon? He's good-looking, he helps Snake out whenever he can, he makes some cool technology (Mk. II FTW!), and he became famous for pissing himself.