Awoo.

Your Favorite Fictional Characters

Thirsty Pocket

So this is an old topic? Well, it's new to me, so I'll add mine too. Although I find it almost impossible to narrow it down to any small number, but I have recently finally figured out who my all time most favourite fictional character is.

No.1: Big The Cat

bigthecatchannel.gif

The community can spit there venomous hate towards this guy as much as they want. It will not change my opinion of him. He's a freakin' genius and a most trusted friend anyone can ask for.

He has no worries, does what he wants, he enjoys hanging out with his friends and will protect them at the cost of his carefree nature.

You might not like the fishing aspect of his game play, but that was only in one game. (two if you count the remake) So get over it!!

He's everything I wish I was...

Now...this is where it gets tricky...so I'll try to go with the flow of who I can remember as some of my other favs.

No. ?: Garfield The Cat

garfield1069.gif

I first met the fat, lazy, Monday hating feline in the late 80s/early 90s when he had his own Saturday morning cartoon show, Garfield & Friends. It still remains one of my favourite cartoon shows to this day, and I think the large cast of unique and zany characters as well as the voice of the late, great Lornezo Music was one of the major factors. Because of the show, I also enjoy reading and collecting his comics. But his newer CGI show leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't want anyone to think I'm a fan of his because of that monstrosity.

No. ?: Dick Dastardly

dickdastardlyflyingsket.jpg

When you hear the words "Classic Cartoon" a different image will pop into an individuals head. For me, it has to be Dick Dastardly. He has a unique "bad guy" look to him compared to the other Hanna-Barbera characters. And is helped further by Paul Winchell's excellent performance. He may be the first character that made me think "wearing purple makes you cool." And the "Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines" theme song was awesome!

No. ?: Lieutenant Horatio Caine

250pxhoratiocaine.jpg

I had no idea the men and women in law enforcement could be so cool. You get to see two different sides of the Lieutenant from CSI: Maimi. He can be very kindly and go out of his way to help a troubled soul at the expense of himself. And can be a total badass and fearsome enemy that will even break the rules he's supposed to follow, to stop anymore lives from being lost.

While some find his "one liners" cheesy or annoying, I always get a kick out of them. I'm on the edge of my seat while I wait to see him about to put his trademark sunglasses on, finish his sentence and walk away. We have to thank David Caruso for bringing this cool guy to life so well.

No. ?: Hatsune Miku

637840hatsunemikudefaul.jpg

It may sound strange but the pig-tailed hair style is in my opinion the most cutest hair style a girl could have. That is one of the first things that attracted me to Vocaloids Hatsune Miku. The art she's featured in often has her with a cute carefree attitude and innocence that I find very appealing. And watching her dance routines are just...so darn cute!! Add to that the function of the software she was created for, which is original, appealing and technologically amazing, and you have yourself a winner.

Edited by Dani-Merry_Christmas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jack3.jpg

Jack Spicer "Evil Boy Genius" from Xaolin Showdown

I fucking love this guy, he is made of awesome and hes a joy to watch whenever hes in an episode.

Hes basically a spoiled rich kid who want to rebel from his neglectful parents by taking over the world. Whats wonderful about his character is that he truly is awful at being a villian he seems to concentrate more on being a proper villian than a sucessful one. He practices his evil laugh reguraly, creates his own theme music, and names anything he creates as "Jack Spicer's evil (insert invention here)" on the grounds that hes trying to build a brand. Hes pretty much the laughing stock of the show, on both good and evil sides, hes incredibly incompetent builds robots that are completely useless against the more tougher opponents. Addimettly he was a pretty competent, threatning villian at the beginning of the show. but by the third season, hes simply reduced to comic relief which is a shame, as he could be a "badass normal" is he wasnt so flanderized, but I digress.

He almost never takes a hint no matter how many times hes beaten and constantly strives to be the greatest villian ever, though hes held back by his insecurities about wheter hes truly evil or is just doing it to be cool. Thats what I love about him, hes like a rebellious teenager taken to 11, and is actually smart on a technical sense. He also is just plain entertaining to watch as he does some cooky shit like actively filming a battle between him and the monks over the Shen-gong-wu, or building an army of robot cheerleaders, or even going through time and teaming up with various villians from history like Atila, Blackbeard, Billy the Kid, and his First Grade Teacher.

Simply put, I love this guy.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yay, imma make a post here.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog

3469107_50.jpg

20 long years, buddy. Sonic the Hedgehog can only be desribed in these words: cool, fast..... iconic! Sonic was the face of gaming in the 90s! Ever so popular, Sonic is still something to talk about 20 years later. This heroic rodent is the star of his own series. Spicing up platformers with his ability to break the speed barrier and roll around at the speeds of sound, Sonic has led some of my favorite video games ever. I don't know where I'd be without my favorite cocky blue hog, Sonic completes my life.

2. Pinkie Pie

Image%20goes%20here.png

With Pinkie, all day is party time! Cheerful, energetic, funny, and always ready to rave, my type of girl/pony! The element of laughter, Pinkie Pie is always on the look for new friends and new songs to sing. Nice and a bit dim, she is always there to help when you're down. Don't really have much to say, Pinkie is the type best described in action rather than words.

1. Miles "Tails" Prower

230px-Sonicchannel_tails_cg.png

That's right. At number 1 at my list lies Tails. He's that immortal fox who royally fucked you up in Sonic 2's special stages. Not only is he Sonic's one and only side-kick, he is also his best friend and bro! They're closer than gum under a rock! Now what this young canine lacks in bravey, makes up for in smarts! He probably created more gadgets than you have pennies. Not only is he smart, but he can really move! Tails looks up to Sonic, he is his hero and idol. Following him around so much has made him pretty fast using his twin tails! Having two tails is odd and interesting, making him stand out. Tails can spin his two tails to fly and hover across the ground almost as fast as our blue hero! Humble, cute, generous, modest, and quirky is what Tails is, and I love him for it. But maybe he should help Sonic on his adventures a bit more...

• Thumbs Up 2

Favorite Fictional Characters? All right then.

5- Kirby

kirbywave_2775.jpg

Don't look at this picture and tell me he's not adorable, because he's adorable and you know it. I just love his design, it's simple and appealing. One thing I like about Kirby is how determined he is. I don't know about you, but I would've gotten another slice of cake instead of going on an extremely dangerous adventure to recover the piece some mouse and his group of misfits stole from you. Kirby is just awesome end of story.

4- The Joker

9767-offsite_resizing_joker_vga_award.jpg

Let's be honest, the Joker winning best character in the Spike VGA awards was probably one of the few good things that came out of it. He definitively deserved it. One, he's fun. His sense of humor is incredibly dark but completely enjoyable. Two, I love how dangerous and unpredictable he is. Even at the brink of death he's playing everyone for suckers without lifting a finger, and damn near gets away with it. He's a magnificent bastard in every sense of the word, and I love him for it.

3- Miles Edgeworth

MilesEdgeworth.png

When you first meet Edgeworth he comes off as that one snobby jerkass who you're going to have to deal with for the rest of the game, but he's more, so much more. In truth, he's a man with a strong sense of justice and a heart of gold. He's a unique prosecutor, he doesn't go for the guilty verdict just to get the guilty verdict, in fact he has on more than one occasion supported what normally should be his opposition in court. Hell he even dared to defy law just to make sure the truth is let out. He's incredibly smart and plus, just look at him. You know his attire screams freaking awesome, you know it does.

2- Dr. Eggman

EggmanSoniKCollection.png

Where do I start with Dr. Eggman. Well I'll start with how he looks. He looks ridiculous, all versions of him do, and I love it. Plus dat 'stache, it's the greatest mustache in the known universe. Next, he's just a lot of fun. When I look at him and a lot of his wacky inventions and plots, I just can't stop smiling. How much he loves himself is amusing. On top of all of those idols, statues, and robots of himself, he would be one of the only people that I know who would actually seek help from himself in a different time period for his evil deeds. Finally, he isn't just a one dimensional character. Despite being a super villain, he isn't completely heartless and Sonic + co. make note of that several times, hell he even helps save the world plenty of times. All of these reasons and more make Dr. Eggman one of my favorite characters.

1- Pinkie Pie

250px-Pinkie_Pie_baking_cropped_S1E12.png

Pinkie is best pony.

Pinkie is an incredibly fun character to watch, because she is, what I think, the most "cartoony" character out of the mane six. She's hyperactive and completely unpredictable, and I can't help but smile whenever she appears on screen. She has many talents outside of the talent on her flank. She does throw some super amazing parties, but she also can sing, she's a damn good baker, she's an expert ice-skater, and she's a pretty fast runner. On top of all of that she can predict the future by paying attention to how her body acts. I also like to think she's pretty damn smart. She has to have some intelligence to build that flying contraption and her party cannon. Though she isn't always bright and bubbly. It's sad to see how insecure (and insane) Pinkie can be. When she gets a hint that her friends might not like her parties she assumes that they won't be her friends anymore because those parties were the only reason they liked her (to add to the depression her mane deflates like a balloon, and her colors become much darker). Pinkie is just a really interesting character, even when she's just being the comedy relief.

Plus she's so much fun to draw. She's the pony I love to doodle the most.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sherlock Holmes/Dr. John Watson

Sherlock_Holmes_Investigates_by_VampireHungerStrike.jpg

robert-downey-jr-sherlock-holmes-pics.jpg

What can I say about Sherlock Holmes... I love this character. My first introduction to Holmes was the 2009 movie. It became one of my favourite movies and interested in Holmes, I looked up what people thought of the film online and to my delight, found out that most people really liked the film and that it was faithful to the books. So I got a few Sherlock Holmes books and read them. I love them. The characters are interesting and it's a joy to read. After reading some of the books, I watched the other two adaptions that I heard were faithful. The Granada Series and Sherlock. I loved them, the actors were great and it was very faithful to the book.

The best thing about Sherlock Holmes is that he is a plausible detective. Meaning that he won't come with conclusions from nowhere. And the one time he got so cocky as to come up with conclusions from nowhere, he was completely wrong and the killer almost got away. I really liked that.

Holmes has many abilities. He's a competent bare knuckle boxer, he can sword fight, he can use a gun very well and he knows thestrange art of Baritsu. With all these qualities, there are also some things preventing Holmes from being a perfect person.

Holmes is also very cold and inconsiderate of others. He has no manners to people. Despite what his clean hygiene might make you think, Holmes is definitely not a lofty tofty gentleman. He was also a bit of a joker. He had a sense of humor that's just absolutely hilarious though it was usually at the expense of others.

These qualities were countered by Watson who while being Holme's brawn was also very smart in his own right. Watson was a ladies man whereas Holmes had no ladies. Watson was more down to earth than Holmes. Watson was a very capable fighter due to being in the war even with his injury(s)(Leg or Shoulder? Who knows? Apparently Conan Doyle didn't because he always mixed them up).

Pretty much everyone in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic except for the few who rank higher

ponyposter.jpg

What can I say? I love every character in the damn show. XD They all are really likable even if they're in three seconds of the whole series. It's really all the background characters one off appearances that make the world feel more lively. Even if they don't appear much in the show, they're likely to get about thirty fanfics.

Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and AppleJack

640px-Mane_5_partying_S2E9.png

Let me just break this one down a bit.

Twilight Sparkle is a very interesting character. A bookworm and a shut in. She wasn't very social until she got out and learned the value of friendship. She's smart but a perfectionist. She's also really skilled in magic. She's the one with the most common sense besides Spike. I really connected with Twilight because I was very unsocial for a good chunk of my life until I got friends and started being social. I really related. That and I also love books.

Rainbow Dash is the best flyer in all of Equestria. She can fly so fast that she can perform the fabled Sonic Rainboom. Despite this, she can be very arrogant at times as well as a bit stubborn. Still, she's completely loyal to her friends and wouldn't leave them. I can relate to her since, i have a tendency to be a bit stubborn at times.

Fluttershy is, well... shy. She has a hard time interacting with other ponies and fearsome creatures yet she loves to be around animals. She's fine wither her friends and isn't shy of them. She's very kind though if you make her man, in the words of Princess Celestia, "Run". She's adorable and three dimensional and relateable since I am prone to being shy.

Pinkie Pie! Pinkie is a hyperactive motor mouth who loves the hell out of eating sweets and throwing parties. Her bouncy and very random personality make her the cartooniest out of the mane six and maybe the funniest. She's really weird yet still flawed. She can make mistakes like not tying the rope to the air balloon and she fears that she will lose her friends. Also she has a party cannon.

AppleJack is a hard worker. She doesn't mind getting dirty and enjoys work though she might bite off more than she can chew at times(Always listen to Big mac's fancy mathematics). She's probably the most tomboyish along with Rainbow Dash. Also she has a hat. It's a really nice hat.

And tied for first is...

Spike

tumblr_lr659iC97Z1qdum5r.png

Spike probably surprised me more than anything in MLPFiM. It's one thing for a girl's show to have flawed yet competent females written as characters and not girls but to have guy characters be written as characters as well? It surprised me. I wasn't expecting that yet I was pleasantly surprised.

Spike is a baby dragon yet he is very much wise beyond his years. Except for one instance in the pilot where he couldn't spell a few words, he seems to be pretty smart. He seems to be the character with the most common sense in the show aside from Twilight. Spike is a surprisingly good fighter, being able to hold up pretty well against the diamond dogs.

Spike can sometimes be a bit over protective of his relationship with Twilight. He is very proud of his job as her assistant and values the bond between them. He can sometimes go a bit overboard though. To the point of become Snidely Whiplash.

Spike also has a crush on Rarity. As such he does some tasks for her like helping her with diamond searches and being a cushion for pins. His crush on her isn't really that well hidden though. Spike is brave sometimes and other times not. He can stand up to the Diamond Dogs(And hold his own pretty well) but he fears what Rainbow Dash will do after Twilight makes him the new Rainbow Dash.

Spike is pretty generous, having no complaints on writing letters to the princess when needed and he hands over a gem to rarity since she really likes even though Spike had been aging it. Spike also tells Princess Celestia of what is happening in Lesson Zero after he is the only one to actually worry about twilight and her obsession with finding a friendship problem one time and pretty much saves Ponyville from Twilight's spell gone wrong. Though he is greedy when his dragon instincts kick in.

Spike also seems to have some good connections such as knowing Hoity Toity and having important business in Canterlot.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Dr.-Eggman--Sonic-Colors-.png

Do I have to say much? He's an evil scientist of 300 IQ. He's very comical as well as very threatening. He can build the most ridiculous convoluted machine ever and yet he's threatening enough to pull it off. He's evil and funny and even has some depths in him that aren't all evil.

Yosh!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic-Generations-Classic-Sonic-Modern-Sonic.jpg

Cocky, cute and talented. Sonic the Hedgehog is a high speed running Hedgehog who has saved the world many times. He's very cocky yet he is also very agile and talented. Despite his cockiness, he's a nice guys and is pretty generous with people. Despite being a hero, is Sonic and the Black Knight is anything to go by, Sonic doesn't mind being the villain if it means doing what's right. Sonic's also laid back.

Rarity

SparkleRarity.jpeg

Why darling, isn't Rarity just so fabulous? Yes, she is.

Rarity is my favourite character in MLPFiM, tied with Spike(Though that doesn't mean I don't think there shouldn't be more Applejack and Pinkie episodes like everyone else does). Rarity is a fashion designer. She could very much be a stereotype by being vain and and snobbish which she can be but rarity is generous and very kind. She's also melodramatic.

Rarity is very interesting as she can be vain and yet very generous and it's fun to see both sides of her come head to head. Especially when combined with her melodramatics. Despite being fashionable and hating getting dirty, rarity is by no means, a wimp. Rarity can fight back when needed whether it means bucking a manticore in the face or speaking up against a dragon because she values the gem her "wittle Spikey Wikey" gave her.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Rarity

Man, I've noticed a lot of Eggman fans also really like Rarity. There's certainly a strong correlation.

Of course, I think that's fantastic. Nice list!

Man, I've noticed a lot of Eggman fans also really like Rarity. There's certainly a strong correlation.

I imagine it's a combination of their mutual affable charm and visible breaking points. It wouldn't be a stretch to say Rarity would be a good supervillain and Eggman a good socialite.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never seen that My Little Pony, but I have certainly underestimated it's popularity. Being in a house full of immature males, makes it hard to checkout a show that sounds like it's for girls without being laughed at. But I am tempted...

I enjoyed doing that list, so if it's okay, I would like to share a couple more of my personal fav characters.

Part 2.

No. ?: Yotsuba Koiwai

yotsummerdx01.jpg

With an innocence of Hatsune Miku and a hyper active and curious nature that is typical of a child. She also has the unique "four leaf clover" hair style and the appealing design, art and humour of Kiyohiko Azuma, it's hard not to love the character and the series as a whole. Let's not forget the obvious fact that she is soooo cute! XD It's always fun to watch her interact with her dad and the friends she quickly makes, without a care in the world. If she was a Sonic character, she would be my number one. lol

No. ?: Kirby

20110622030718paint.png

Here's another chap that has already appeared in this topic. So what can I say? He's cute, with a cute voice and a very simple design. He's also my character of choice in the Smash Brothers series. He can kick butt and still look so freakin' cute. You might think of him as a copy cat, with his copying abilities, but that is far from the truth. Doesn't it sound great to send an attack from an enemy "Right Back At Them?" I can't also forget that personality that seems to appear in all my personal favourite characters. That of the laid back, easy going, take it as it comes, kind of fellow.

No. ?: Etna

300pxetnabigdisgaea2.jpg

There they are again. The ever present pig tails hair style that seems to make me swoon. With a mischievous personality, the all black attire and the "devil girl" look, she is all cool and then some. While it's never been said out loud, I found it clear that she had a crush on Laharl's late father, King Krichevskoy. Which makes her all the more cuter. She also has all the insecurities of a typical young woman. Your beautiful just the way you are, Etna.

No.: Dante

devilmaycryanimedanteby.jpg

Who's up for an *ss kicking? I'm sure the half demon, son of Sparta will be happy to oblige. That's what we love about him. Let's not forget that just like everybody else I've mentioned in this post, Dante does what he wants without a care or a damn. His super human abilities, his rockin' moves, his awesome attitude and his excellently named gear. The two guns, Ebony & Ivory and his sword Rebellion. This guy is all freakin' awesome and then some.

...just don't mention DmC...

No. ?: Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

sonicchanneleggman.png

He's in everyone else lists, it's only natural that he would be on mine too. The big pink nose, jazzy stach and thin legs are some of his trademarks that make him stand out from the crowd of evil scientists. Seeing his chivalrous side while kidnapping princess elise, seeing his slob-ish side as he scratches his butt while watching the news and his just plain crazy side as he basks in the glory of his plan to Sonic & Tails. It's clear that he is the most developed character in the franchise. He may be getting crazier, but at the same time, he's also getting more and more dangerous. And that makes me love him even more. Despite his ego, he is happy to work with (or use) anyone that happens to be around. And if given the chance to win, he'll take it. That's why he's the best at what he does.

Edited by Dani-Merry_Christmas
  • Thumbs Up 1

First and Second place respectively.

Donald Fauntleroy Duck

jqV8h.gif

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!"

Who never shows a bit of temperament? Who's never wrong but always right? Who would never

dream of starting a fight? Well, I don't know who that guy is, but certainly is NOT Donald. This character is multifaceted like a

diamond. Known with different names across the world (like Anders And in Denmark, Kalle Anka in Sweden or Paolino Paperino in Italy), he can have different and sometime contrasting roles but deep down he is the same quick tempered, brash and unintelligible fowl we all know and love. Unlike Mickey, he is also full of faults, and gets stuck with bad luck most of the time. I grown up with his cartoons when I was kid, and I love every single one of them, but it's in his comic universe where he really shines. He has to face an arrogant cousin who just happens to be the luckiest duck in the world (Gladstone), an uncle that, even if deep down has a heart of gold, prefers to appear as a stingy and avaricious dick (Scrooge), the strangest, and probably stoned, cousin in the world (Fethry) and all the strange things that happen in that crazy world of his. How can he succed in such a task? Well, don't let that sailor suit fools you: this duck is a badass. And I really mean it. Even without the powers of a masked super hero (which he is, by the way) he can beat every thing in his path. Heck, once he defeated a goat with a headbutt!

Inspector Koichi Zenigata

HNNnh.jpg

"Stop, Lupin! You're under arrest!"

I.LOVE.THIS.GUY. I don't care if I am supposed to root for Lupin and his gang. I will always support this cop of steel. Yeah, because you HAVE TO be made of steel if you want to chase the most famous thief in the entire world around the planet. He may look like a moron, since most of the time something bad happens to him, but think about it: he actually managed to arrest Lupin. Well, the guy escaped soon after, but that's beside the point. HE MANAGED TO ARREST LUPIN! How many cops did that? Yeah, exactly. NO ONE except him.

He is also a formidable fighter and a really good detective, able to look through his arch-nemesis disguises. He is also very determinated in what he does. He will not rest until justice is done. Once he came back from a coma just by hearing the word "Lupin". If this is not dedication, I really don't know what it is. In the Detective Conan/ Case Closed crossover movie, he was able to wake up from Conan's tranquilizer darts, surprising even the little kid!

Did I also mention that deep down this guy loves Lupin as a friend? He chased that outlaw for so long that now he knows everything about him, and in turn, Lupin knows everything about the inspector. When Lupin was thought to be dead, Koichi CRIED. Also did you see his awesome trenchcoat and his nice hat? Keep going, Zazà, I will always support you, plot be damned.

Edited by Phantom Nald
  • Thumbs Up 3

Inspector Koichi Zenigata

Another of my favorites that didn't quite make it into my top five. I love Zenigata, for many of the same reasons I like Detective Gumshoe and Kogoro Mouri. He's such a lovable goofball, and is by far the best character in the entire Lupin III franchise (Which is saying something, since Lupin is packed full of awesome characters). I especially like how the series demonstrates that Zenigata isn't a bad cop by any means; Against other criminals, Pops is quite formidable in a fight in fact. It's just that Lupin's that good, not that Zenigata's incompetent in any way.

As Lupin movies go, I recommend Crisis in Tokyo, for being a movie that practically stars Zenigata as the central character.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well first I'm going to start of with two of my favorite characters from two monster franchises that played a huge role in my childhood. Pokemon and Digimon.

From Pokemon:

384Rayquaza.png

Rayquaza: Why? Well as some of you might already know, Emerald was my first pokemon game as a child. And when I first saw the cutscenes of this thing coming down from the clouds to stop Kyogre and Groudon from fighting, I was just awestruck. After that, I just KNEW I had to head to the sky pillar and capture this thing. Rayquaza is by far one of my 3 favorite pokemon of all time (the other 2 being Swampert and Mewtwo). This thing is everything I wanted in a pokemon, it was cool looking, insanely fast, and above all, insanely powerful. Heck, I even have my emerald Rayquaza on my Black version now. And if only I could tell how badly I raped my friends in battles with Rayquaza.

From Digimon:

Tentomon_b.jpg

Tentomon: Out of all the characters on the first Digimon Tv show, Izzy and Tentomon were the ones I could relate with the most. They were both computer geeks, and being a bit of a techno geek myself you could see why they were my favorites. But between the two of them, Tentomon was my favorite.

First of all it is said that most Insect Digimon at the rookie level posses fighting spirit and nothing more. Tentomon is quite different because no matter what level he digivolves to, and no matter how horrifying his evolved forms may look, he still retains his friendly personality.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Kululu_zps1cf441f0.jpg

Kululu from Sgt. Frog. Ever since I first got into the show in late 2009, Kululu has become my #1 favorite fictional character of all time. He's such a HUGE jerk, yet I can't get enough of him. I love his hilariously creepy and sadistic attitude (His idea of the perfect video game is a dating sim where you always end up heartbroken that includes a shock collar so that you feel even more pain. XD), his intelligence, and how he comes through in a pinch even if you can't trust him as far as you can throw him. Also, THE LAUGH. Kululu has one of the best laughs of any fictional character in existence. Ku Ku Ku Ku Ku Ku! He has some of the best lines, too. "Almost drowning is AWESOME!" All of this combined with an excellent vocal performance by Chuck Huber makes Kululu rise above the other frogs to become my favorite character. I like him so much, that I always include a little piece of Kululu reference material on all of the different forums I'm a member of, my phone is decked out with a Kululu wallpaper and phone charm, and my Twitter page is 100% Kululu-fied. Simply put, I'm Ku Ku crazy for this guy. kululu3_zps58de661b.gif

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

vlcsnap-2764970.png

Xellos, Slayers Next, then onwards

Hmmmm what do I really love about this guy? Well for starters Xellos mostly has a happy and cheery personality. He always has a smile on his face, even when theres trouble. Even if hes the one who started the trouble. Also the things he can come up with is absolutley hilarious and hes a cutie too. Yeah sure he has like two personalities. 1. Cheerful and playful, trickster and 2. pretty dark and someone who you dont want to mess with when hes serious. When I feel down or Im sick you can gaurentee Xellos to make me laugh.

11mgufn.png

Jokey Smurf

I love Jokey Smurf full stop!! His happy personality makes me have a smile on my face. His laugh makes me laugh along when he gets the other Smurfs with his exploding boxes. Not only that he seems quite brave and daring as hes rescued the other Smurfs from Gargamel from time to time.

I have loads of favs and I cant be bothered to list them all lol. But I'll say that I love Demon Hunter Dante also..

Captain_Haddock.png

Captain Haddock (Tintin series)

I recently started re-reading the Tintin books a while ago in preparation for the movie, and I remembered just how funny this guy was . Seriously, Captain Haddock is one of the most hilarious characters I've ever seen in any comic book series. Not just because he's a drunken old semi-retired sailor turned mansion owner with a short temper, but because he has one of the most colourful ways of speaking, yet manages to be mostly child friendly at the same time. I mean what other fictional characters do you know who use the word "Bashi-bazouk" as an insult? Plus he manages to be a badass in the later Tintin books, like Flight 714 where he grabs a semi-automatic rifle and goes around acting like Rambo? Speaking of which...

Rambo-Bow.jpg

John Rambo (Rambo series)

If you've only seen the later movies in the series, you might be thinking that Rambo is just a one-dimensional cardboard cutout who's only purpose is to shoot vietcong and communists. But if you watch the original movie or read the book, First Blood, you'll discover that there's a lot more to this troubled Vietnam vet than meets the eye. Plus he manages to outwit almost anyone he comes across, as well as outgunning them of course. Plus he's basically the biggest all around bad-ass from any 80's action movie EVER.

Ash2.jpg

Ash Williams (Evil Dead series)

Bruce Campbell is a legend, no doubt about that. And I figure the role that made him famous had to be on here. Ash from the Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness is the king of one liners, has a chainsaw attached to his arm after getting his hand cut off, never seems to run out of snarky quips or sarcastic comments to say about any situation and also partakes in some of the most hilarious slapstick comedy outside of a Looney Tunes cartoon, while still managing to slay zombies and deadites like nobody's business. If you haven't seen Evil Dead 1, 2 or Army of Darkness (and why haven't you?) I advise you to check them out. They're incredibly hilarious as comedies and also quite good horror movies as well.

SuzumiyaHaruhi_Char2.jpg

Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Well this is a complete change of pace, isn't it? After 2 badass action heroes and a drunken sailor, you weren't expecting a time and space altering schoolgirl who also doubles as a goddess now, weren't you? Haruhi Suzumiya is a very hard character to categorize. She starts out as sort of an anti-social bitch, but ends up as a semi-crazy genki girl with heaps of energy who manages to run the S.O.S brigade while engaging in some very strange and very out-there adventure as the series goes on. She also manages to be very funny and very genre savvy, pointing out the certain cliches and stereotypes that seme to occur throughout the show. She's probably one of the best anime characters from the past decade, in my opinion.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. I just adore her. She's a fantastic blend of collected seriousness and comically awkward without making her too absurd or grounded in reality. Her arc is by far the most enduring of all the girls', and there has yet to be a single more heartwarming moment in all of anime than that damn moment she rolls around in her room, holding her newly adopted cat with the excitement of a ten-year-old on Christmas day.

I have a lot of other favorite characters but I really had to think a while on this one. I don't think it's too farfetched for me to place Sakaki fairly high on my top 10. Maybe in a future post I'll describe some others, but I just spent the last few moments of 2011 watching some program on Animal Planet about kittens, and my reactions to kittens are pretty predictable when you get to know me.

Sonic The Hedgehog- The blue blur is my all time favorite character of all time without a doubt. I love his carefree and cocky attitude! I desire the confidence that he has in his own abilities.

Wakko Warner- This crazy Warner sibling leaves me laughing my head off. He takes everything so literally that I can't stop smiling. He is much like Harpo Marx, only he talks.

Michelangelo- This Ninja Turtle makes the cut for one of my favorite characters because if his fun loving nature. The moment I saw the party dude, he was my favorite turtle. He is so quirky and witty!

Darkwing Duck- He takes himself so seriously, that he is just asking for comedic situations! I love this heroic, egotistical duck!

Scrooge McDuck- Even though he is greedy and can be a huge jerk, it is mpossible not to like him! Even though he is old he can still kick ass! Plus he wears a top hat, that is bonus points!

Bugs Bunny- The rascally rabbit has the awesome ability of looking so good while being committing his deviltry! He can steal candy from a kid in such a way you still cheer for him! What else is there to say, he is just epic!

I was bored. Controversial opinions ahoy.

1. Pura the Tiger

Pura.jpg

Ah, Pura. To me, Pura is the pure essence of what I like in cute characters. He’s adorable and good, yet also energised and mischievous. He’s loyal and determined, yet calm and relaxed. And he can pilot a goddamn spaceship despite being a pet. You don’t get much more awesome than that. Introduced to him in 1999, and still kicking around as my top fave into 2012.

And now we get a quartet whom I wouldn’t have dreamed of putting anywhere near my faves a couple of years ago.

2. Vector the Crocodile

387px-Vector_Bios.png

The reasons I like him have been studied to death by others in different topics, so I’ll just give a run-down; tough and brash demeanour hides his softer, more charitable insides, realistic goals and desires, intelligent and quick-witted despite being a power type, great interactions with other characters (especially his colleagues), funny, not the typical hero type that gets along with everyone (nor is Espio, thinking about it), you get the picture.

2. Espio the Chameleon

250px-Espio_Bios.png

Espio, to me, can be loved for completely different reasons to why I love him. From the usual fangirly perspective, he’s ‘cool’ in the same way that Shadow or Silver is; stoic, reserved, down-to-Earth, brooding, humble…

…Except that’s bullshit. SEGA themselves put it best in his bios; “Opinionated and obsessed”. Espio is an egotist, and the biggest of the quartet by far (which is saying something). The value he puts in ninjutsu and his own skill is ridiculous to the point of being self-parodying (he claims that ninjas can walk on water, what the fuck). He also isn’t hesitant on putting his view on things into the fray, to the point of…dare I say it…almost acting like a nagging housewife to Vector when he gets distracted in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (believe me, I have seen that scenario play out NUMEROUS times in my house, except replace whitestones with bills and bank statements). He himself can also be guilty of miscommunication that ends up with Vector scolding him (and him running away from the communicator. I’m sure Silver was just as confused as I was)

Though he’s much fuller on vices than people may claim him to be, he does have his good side, obviously; his ninjutsu gives him a steadfast moral code to follow, as well as duty and honour. He especially seems loyalty-bound to Vector at the very least, although he admitted doesn’t get that much interaction with Charmy (which is weird, when you think about it). Aside from that, he does have a plethora of skills to go some way to back up his tremendous ego. He’s hinted at having a mischievous streak in him stemming from his invisibility. He acts as the emotional core of the Chaotix, giving him the soulfulness (which is NOT stoicism). All in all, a character who may get a bit of misguided backlash thanks to the fangirl crowd who like him because he’s ‘kewl’.

2. Dingodile

Dingodile.jpg

Meet Tails the ever adorable mutant canine…with all of the Reptiles are Abhorrent trope mixed in. Winner of biggest bastard on this fave list (despite there being more recognisable villains on it; see below). Dingodile is undoubtedly the most intelligent of the quartet; being a specialist in engineering, he also has enough skill to be able to help the scientists around the lab (or did anyway) and create hybrid animals of his own, and has a passion for Shakespeare and croquet, giving him all round sophistication. Like Vector with his tough veneer however, Dingodile prefers to indulge his sadism and cruelty moreso. His debut showed this off perfectly, where his first response to seeing adorable little Penta (a canon immigrant from a Crash 2 manga like Amy and Charmy were canon immigrants from a Sonic manga…from the same company!) is to attempt to barbeque it alive.

Much of his activity after that was limited due to working as yet another Cortex lackey, but he got a big break in Twinsanity. Here, his sadistic qualities were ramped up to eleven, coupled with a new found greed for treasure (I think this makes Espio the only one with an explicit greed for material gain, although it’s bound to exist implicitly, knowing the trend…). Combined with his sewer-dwelling (and endurance; he was squished by a snowball then managed to trek over to the Academy of Evil before our protagonists) and willingness to attempt to kill Cortex to obtain the treasure of him and Crash, his slimeball aspects really shined here. He did reappear in Crash of the Titans once again working as another one of Cortexs lackeys, but only in the GBA and DS versions, which are incompatible with the main console versions thus are rendered non-canon in the same way the handhelds for Sonic titles are, so he’s still currently a traitor on his own in canon.

2. Komodo Joe

concept52ov3.jpg

Not nearly as much of a usual fan favourite. Still nearly as much of a bastard as the fellow reptilian Crash representative. Joe has much more of a business head, and utilises crooked dealings in his schemes to get rich. What differentiates him from the more recognisable “Honest John” of the franchise (Pinstripe) is the ambition and practicality within his plans. He thinks big; in CTR, his plan was to mine cubic zirconias and pass them off as diamonds while selling them to the Couch Slouch shopping network. In the Twinsanity concepts, his plan to obtain Crystals was to build an entire racing track to lure Crash there to pass over his Crystals and drive around the track. The trick was that Joe had cut the brakes This is also where he shows that he’s just as traitorous and murder-happy, given that Cortex (disguised as Coco) gets dragged along for the ride (it makes sense in context…sort of) and Joe is happy to kill him along with Crash knowing this. The practicality comes in from the fact he does much to of the technical stuff himself; given my theory on Dragon Mines (you can PM for that if you want, but I’d just copy/paste it from Crash Mania), Joe presumably had a hand in adapting the place to perform his desired function, and he knew enough about cars to be able to cut the brakes himself without arousing suspicion.

On top of that, he has a personality to back this all up; he’s an extreme cynic towards anyone who crosses him. He’s proud of his himself and his abilities (not as much as the water walker, that said). He walks all over his big brother, almost to the point of abuse (scolding him for incompetence in the Crash 2 concepts, using him to merely hold the sign in the Twinsanity concepts). He’s intelligent and snarky, while also prone to emotional outbursts (starts shrieking in a much higher pitch after some attacks in-race, continuously sobs when he loses a race). Did I mention he can use a sword? Because it’s kind of easy to forget that with my description of him.

6. Bowser Jr

550px-Jrslugguh.PNG

The second character on here partly due to their cuteness, Bowser Jr is actually a pretty layered character when you look at all his traits. He’s a mischievous kid who likes to do such harmless things as doodle on walls and steal cookies from other kids. He’s also capable of destructive evil, being skilled enough to imitate Mario’s movements to deceive an island of (stupid) native and control whole fleets of artillery. A lot of this stems from his adoration of his dad, which is understandable given the time he spends tending to his son (also see below on where that plays in again). Little known traits about Bowser Jr on top of this are that he tends to be lonely and craves company (whereas Baby Bowser seemed perfectly intent on hogging everything and playing on his own), he’s artistic, and he’s a perfectionist. Almost seems to me that King Bowser II will be more of a bureaucratic monarch than a working class one.

7. Toasty

Real_Toasty.JPG

Certainly the most unusual choice for a favourite character list, but he has a few things going for him that I like.

1. He’s a sheep. Sheep are my favourite individual animals. Power to the sheep.
  2. He’s adorable, especially when his disguise is off and he’s only left with the stilts and the scythe.
  3. He’s hardcore. In the Spyro universe, sheep are probably amongst the weakest of the races, often being the victims of being roasted alive by dragons, if not being tortured by dragons using them as balls in their games. The way I see it, Toasty is a fellow who was so pushed to his limits by being suppressed by dragon abuse that he was willing to turn to Gnasty Gnorc in order to try and get some refuge and exact revenge. Now, living with Gnorcs isn’t easy for even the hardier races, let alone a fragile one like the sheep. He’s also damn good on stilts, being able to balance and use a scythe at the same time. Given his control over the farmer’s dogs and his scarecrow costume, he may have some skills with agriculture on top of all that, making him more than just a soldier to Gnasty.

Speaking of Gnasty, he appears here as well in the eighth spot!

…Just not on his own.

8. Gnasty/Bowser

983404ff17_42754064_o2.jpg

Bowsersmg2.png

Honestly, the reasons why I like them are too similar to try and decide which I like more, so they can share. The most prominent reason is a reason that other Bowser fans would probably hate me for; they’re both big oafs in spite of their evil and dark powers (which are also cool, let me assure you).

Gnasty, from the get-go, has been a sensitive monster. While he’d been wanting vengeance over the dragons for a good time, what started the events of the original Spyro off was that he was called ugly and no threat in an interview. The scary thing about that is that if Spyro had been any bigger (or just on hind legs), Gnasty would have enslaved the entire dragon race. One other trait that we saw was that Gnasty was pretty liberal with what his troops did in the face of the enemy, ranging from some sporting mohawks that may have been cool to them but just looked stupid to troop retreating and then mooning Spyro point blank. Not sure I’d see Ripto allowing that.

A Hero’s Tail showed us that Gnasty’s changed from then, either not really regarding the events there as notable or outright going senile since he couldn’t even remember that Spyro beat him there (although, given that one villain has actually died from fighting Spyro, I guess living on IS a pseudo-achievement by their standards). Nonetheless, he still had an apparent hate of dragons since he was desperate enough to strike a deal with Red the Elder, an exiled dragon, to try and wipe out the rest (wanting to kill Red later probably, given what he thought of Gnorcs). While the army wasn’t as free under Red’s control, Gnasty himself still showed off his vile temper and sensitivity, while also showing off some of that prowess that had once terrorised the dragon race (although they still didn’t take it seriously after). It seems that he is capable of living in relative peace and reclusion with just his Gnorcs as company now, so long as you don’t set him off…

Bowser didn’t start off anywhere near as oafish and emotional as Gnasty did. In his original incarnation in Super Mario Bros, he was ruthless and cold, simply using his magic to take over the kingdom and put up defences against Mario (although the use of such an aloof looking species as the main army bulk is still questionable). He still remained that way for some time, which is kind of why the early Mario stuff doesn’t really interest me that much. The first sign of his own daft side came in 1995, with Super Mario RPG. Here, he was determined to get his castle back as he valued it so much, as well as gather his troops up for number building. He masked his upset emotions with a tough guy persona, leaving him relatively unaffected by them.

Super Mario 64 came and went, with Bowser still his evil, relentless self. The moment the head cogs really began showing signs of wobbling was in Paper Mario, where it was first exposed that he had feelings for Peach. This emotion was again masked well enough that he was left mostly unaffected by them.

And then Super Mario Sunshine came along and loosened one of the bolts holding the cogs, making a decline on a similar note to Gnasty completely inevitable. Bowser Jr was introduced, making Bowser Sr into a full time daddy character as well as evil doer, Mario DDR gave him a very benign motive for wanting to obtain the music keys (curing tone deafness), games beyond that just played his feelings for Peach and his adoration for his troops more and more. The one time he got his evil mojo back was Super Mario Galaxy…which was kind of reset at the end and left him kinda woozy. From there, Bowser almost seems to have lost it by this point.

In short, they seem very woobie and sympathetic to me, being capable of great evil but most often not living up to their potential nowadays. Oh, they’re hammy and villainy alright, but the effect of the villainy is limited, and they spend more time catering to their own emotions than to focusing on general evil.

10. Miles “Tails” Prower

345px-Tails_Bios.png

*Sigh* Tails used to be my second favourite. I could connect with him, he was intelligent yet bright and cheerful. He was also cute, which is something I like. Time has not been kind to this gadgeting genius, especially from about 2008 onwards. While he still retains his engineering prowess, he doesn’t have much of a personality beyond that any more, and as such, I just don’t have the interest in him I used to have. And, I know this is going to be really unpopular with everyone, I couldn’t be less invested in the link he has with Sonic if I tried. Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations just made this depressingly obvious. This combined with the fact that just so many characters have climbed up in my estimation, is why Tails is stuck in the tenth position.

But d’aww, look how confident he looks standing there in the white space!

So...um...there

• Thumbs Up 2

269.jpg

Easy question. No one comes close to these two.

As far back as I can remember, I could always count on that wascally wabbit and screwball duck to provide me with endless laughs. The idea of the world without the phrase "What's Up, Doc" is completely unimaginable to me. Pretty much since I was born these guys have been entertaining me, and I have no doubt they wil continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Bugs Bunny, as Chuck Jones has said, is "an aspiration." We aren't Bugs Bunny. We just want to be. He's cool, suave, always confident, and collected. Anytime anybody tries to pull any crap, Bugs Bunny will show them a thing or two, using nothing but his wits, and he'll have fun doing it.

Jones described Daffy as "a realization." We are Daffy. We're screwballs constantly failing, but never giving up hope, and always trying again. Daffy's greedy, cowardly, irrational and poor tempered, and there's a little bit of him in all of us. Not particularly likable, but I can't think of a single character from anything who's more lovable.

Together these two opposite extremes form the greatest comedy team in the history of film. They may be a rabbit and a duck, but they're some of the most human people I know.

• Thumbs Up 3

My favorite characters are

Fox_Brawl.jpg

Fox McCloud

513px-Tails-Generations-Artwork-1-High-Quality.jpg

Miles "Tails" Prower

188px-037Vulpix.png188px-038Ninetales.png

Vulpix and Ninetales

163px-ZoruaClear.png188px-ZoroarkClear.png

Zorua and Zoroark

176px-Blaze_Bios.png

Blaze the Cat

416px-RushAdventure_Marine_pose.png

Marine the Raccoon

Sonicchronicles_shade.jpg

Shade the Echidna

Just to name a few.

Edited by Vulpine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I...don't really see how pokemon count as characters? Unless you have specific specimens of those species in mind...

I...don't really see how pokemon count as characters? Unless you have specific specimens of those species in mind...

They technically ARE characters, just a species of them.

But a species isn't a character*. Individual members of that species can be characters, but the species is not a character.

*excepting if it's some kind of crazy alien hivemind thing where the entire species is part of one intelligence, or something like that...