Awoo.

Your Favorite Fictional Characters

Thirsty Pocket

Ok, I'll just list a few characters I have a liking of. The higher up they are, the more I like them.

Blaziken

Toro.png

Ok, I'll get the obvious one out of the way first. Whereas Blaziken doesnt have any character development due to not being able to speak I still consider him to be my favourite Pokemon (And favourite character tieing with Sonic) simply because his design is awsome. To be honest he was the reason I got back into Pokemon (I was into it throughout the R/B/Y era but that was only when I watched the anime). Before I saw him I didnt really acknowledge the series but seeing Blaziken made me want to replay the games and I got back into Pokemon and I never regret it. Also I dont care if people would criticise me for preffering Blaziken to Infernape (I get this alot, I dont even hate Infernape) I will always prefer Blaziken

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic.png

What can I say about Sonic, I personally think he's good as a character (Particularly in the OVA), hes good from a design standpoint (But I prefer Blaziken for character design), he (mostly) has good gameplay and I can relate to him in a few ways. I didnt always like Sonic as a character though, particularly in Heroes/'06 but other than that I really like him. Also if it wasnt for him I wouldnt be into gaming.

Luigi

Luigi_(Mario_Party_DS).png

I like Luigi for his character. For some reason I really like his cowardly trait and to me it makes him look really brave when fighting much larger foes because he will fight his greatest fears for the greater good, especially in Luigis mansion which I really liked. Also I think he's funny but unlike a certain character in the Mario series he doesnt have to use bodily humour to be funny.

Miles "Tails" Prower

Sonicchannel_tails_cg.png

I've liked Tails ever since I've started my interest in gaming. This is probably because I always played as him in Sonic 3 and I found his gameplay to be the best in SA1. I also liked him as a character and he was actually my favourite Sonic character up until Shadow the hedgehog which is when I realised he wasnt so good as a character anymore. I still do like him alot though

Lucario

Lucario_.jpg

Lucario is another character I like alot for character design as well as him being my main on SSBB. Whereas I dont like the design as much as Blazikens I still do like it alot. Also after watching Lucario and the mystery of mew I can see that I am very similar to Lucarios character. Strangely enough I didnt know about him until I saw him in the SSBB leaks in January '08 considering the only Pokemon game I had at the time was Sapphire

Solid Snake

SnakeArtwork.jpg

Snake is awsome. He has great character development, backstory, I really like him but not as much as some other characters however I do think hes a very good character.

Homer Simpson

Homer_Simpson_2006.png

I find him to be really humourous at times although they have overdone his dumbness a bit too much recently. Other than that though I really like him.

Yoshi

Yoshi3.jpg

I dont know why I like him, I just do. I like his design and find him to be quite humourous at times.

Bowser

Bowser-Nintendo.png

I like him from a design standpoint only. The only time he had any character was in sunshine and the less said about Bowser in that the better.

Wolf O' Donnell

Wolf_O

I like him from a design standpoint but personally I think he doesnt have much character or backstory considering hes in the games for 5 minutes and then leaves.

Edited by Blaziken

I like him from a design standpoint only. The only time he had any character was in sunshine and the less said about Bowser in that the better.

...The RPGs? Even in 64/Galaxy he had some characterization, but the RPGs especially developed Bowser into an extremely well-rounded character.

...The RPGs? Even in 64/Galaxy he had some characterization, but the RPGs especially developed Bowser into an extremely well-rounded character.

Definitely. In the RPGs (at least the ones I've played) he didn't seem so much a villain than a parody of one, and I think it really worked for him characterwise.

I love his crush on Peach. :lol: So underneath all his "evil" schemes he's just a family man and a victim of unrequited love.

L from DN

death_note.jpg

Oh how I adore him so! Such an awesome char for being so d@mn intelligent and clever to foil Kira's plans and almost catching up to him esp. in the beginning when he found out the region where Light lives. Also, for being intelligent, he doesn't look like your average egghead and more looks like a worker at Hot Topic. He isn't that bad of a guy and somewhat mysterious.

Near

neardeathnote.jpg

2nd to L. I guess I like him for the fact he beat Kira in the end and his Shut Up Hannibal speech at the end. Also, he seems mysterious and intelligent like L as well.

Gintoki

Gintama.jpg

A very funny char and has a lovable personality as well. He may seem lazy but a guy who cares about others when he is not reading the latest issue of Shonen Jump.

Nougami Neuro

2neurosig.jpg

He is bad@$$! An awesome intellectual demon with cool tools and has great design as well. He doesn't seem to have a personality, but does have some odd and funny expressions.

Dante from DMC

8247PS2_DMC3_dante_concept-small.jpg

This how Sonic should be. Dante's cocky, stubborn, and a bit egotistic wrapped up in total bad@$$ness. Also, have the weapons and skills to boot.

Might post more later.

I havent played Mario RPG in a while since my SNES broke a while back so I forgot about that. I havent played much of M&L:SS because I actually only just got it and I could'nt get far in PiT because I dont like using the babies.

I think I'll post some fictional characters that have interrest me recently....

Pinhead AKA The Dark Prince of Pain:

HELLRAISER01.jpg

A Cenobite formally once human (real name Captain Elliott Spencer) who served in British Expeditionary Force, he suffered a mental breakdown after the Battle of Flanders. After World War I he began exploring dark, frobiden and unknown "pleasures" which lead to his discovery of the Lament Configuration which lead to his horiffic transformation into Pinhead.

Personally I think he is a fascinating charracter dammed to carry out pleasure and pain on ther perverted of souls. In first two movies he was quite mysterious not the main focus, but however by third film they made him the main focus and that he lost full humanity and killed anything at his own will.

Freddy Kruger:

Fredkruegermoviefirst.png

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, better stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again.

Ah yes the Children gave him his power. The infamous Child Killer based in the fictional American town of Springwood Ohio.

I just love his cheesy one lines like:

"Welcome to my world, bitch. I should warn you, princess... the first time tends to get a little... messy."

"Bon appetit... bitch."

"Faster than a bastard maniac. More powerful than a loco-madman. It's... Super Freddy."

and my favourite:

"This is it, Jennifer your big break in TV.... Welcome to prime time, bitch."

Freddy is as fun as you get in a horror film if thought Scream was corny you ain't seen a Nightmare film.

Nosferatu AKA Count Orlok:

Schreck.jpg

This dude is in my avatar he rocks.

Probably one of the best vampire portrayals in a horror movie. Nosferatu is from the German slient film of the same name. People should really watch the some of the German Horror movies of the 1920's and early 1930's they great shame the Nazis banned them. :angry:

Bela Lugosi and Christoper Lee kick some ass too.

Edited by Bloodfetish

^ last guy made me lol

fascionepepperann.gif

Pepper Ann cos she's a complete idiot, but lovely really.

Wolfgang.gif163204_1230991364295_160.jpg940572616_s.gif

Wolfgang, Rolf and Peanut from Animal Crossing lol XD

don't you dare say they don't have personalities T___T I'd cry if they left my villages! (I have Wolfgang on Wii and Rolf on GC and Peanut on DS)

Edited by Mollfie

Hmmm... Tricky. Not to say I don't have any favourite characters, it's only I've far too many, I dunno who to choose from. But I'll just name whoever comes to mind (Mind you, I'm not good at reviewing or explaining things in great details):

KINNIKUMAN

Kinnikuman-BoxCover.jpg

"I won't need the push of my farts!"

Well, it's more so to do with the series, I guess. Alot of the characters in there are my favourites, with Kinnikuman himself being one of the top of them all. Probably due to the moves he has, the super scared persona he has, which can be discarded instantly if it's all for the sake of a friend, the burning inner strenght of his, his stupidity, as well as his ability to improvise on the spot in a contradictory clever manner. Over all, Kinnikuman's cool! And his voice actor, Akira Kamiya, is great as Kinnikuman, and is my top favourite Japanese voice actor.

KENSHIRO

8434d1108820741-kenshiro.jpg

"You are already Dead!"

Now here's the Manliest Man ever! A guy who dishes it out with exploding results (literally). And also not a guy who's not ashamed to show his feelings and compassion to anyone he holds dear to, and doesn't hold back any Manly Tears. And was origianlly voiced by Akira Kamiya as well, making him more awesome!

KUJO JOTARO

jotarokujo2en9.gif

"Yare Yare Daze!"

Here's another badass fighter. He'd pummle you to a pulp if you try the wrong thing. And since Jojo's Bizarre Adventure involves characters trying to figure out HOW to beat a character rather than just violently beat him up, he'd have to be quite clever to defeat otherwise impossible odds. And while not showing any signs of caring for anyone, he still hides that fact from most people.

TOM & JERRY

Tomjerrylogo40s.jpg

"Mwahahahahah... IN ME POWER!"

Need I say more? Quite possibly one of my most favourite characters ever around, what with their interactions and conflict (Though I'd usually root for Tom more so)

OPTIMUS PRIME

Optimusprime-originaltoy.jpg

"Autobots! Transform and Roll Out!"

What can I say about Optimus Prime? Well, he is one of the greatest leaders around, fighting against all odds like the Decepticons. What also makes him a great role modle of a character is his compasion for all sentient beings and his allies. He'd rather sacrifice himself or fail a mission if it meant risking it all to save a fallen comrade. And Peter Cullen for extra awesome!

DAFFY DUCK

Duck_Amuck.gif

"You're Dithhhhpicable!"

Ah, Daffy! Never fully appreciated, and the butt of most jokes and hi-jinks. I dunno why I feel for most mistreated characters like Daffy or Zoidberg. Similarities to them?

DR. ZOIDBERG

Dr_John_Zoidberg.png

"Hooray for Zoidberg!"

Zoidberg needs more love!!!

DONALD DUCK

741~Donald-Duck-Posters.jpg

"Non-understandable Anger"

Of all the Disney related stuff (Next to Emperor's New Groove) Donald is the top of that list! Why? Hell, I'd know. But I believe it's the same reason as everyone else for liking him more than Mickey, and there were those old Carl Barks and Don Rosa comics, too. And I've a temper like him! Heh!

THE INCREDIBLE HULK

lou-ferrigno-as-incredible-hulk.jpg

"HULK SMASH!!!"

Someone else with a temper? Sort of a personal hero, too. Too easy to get angry, and no one would leave him alone in peace. All like me!

BATMAN

Batman_the_Animated_Series_logo.jpg

"I am Vengence... I am the Night... I... AM... BATMAN!"

The Goshdarned Batman, of course! Everything about him, I suppose. The skills, the know how and detective skills, the gadgets and batmobiles, and contrary to movies and very early comics, Batman's one who'd never use guns nor would he kill people(except in one or two occasions recently). Though his sanity's in question, he has his ways of dealing with things. And the Animated Series was one of those inspirations for me to become a cartoonist, of course!

I'll end it there, so I don't flood the page with too many images and characters for now.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles

russtmnt.jpg

Anyone who grew up in the late 80's/early 90's will remember the TMNT craze. I was a big fan back then and still love the series to this day. Donatello was my favorite character, and the 1987 cartoon was a big part of my childhood. The 2003 series was pretty good as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rock%20Lee%202.jpg

Rock Lee from Naruto

I LOVE him. He's so adorable in his own geeky way. XD Shiny bowl cut and green jumpsuit FTW. <3 He's also a very inspiring character since he has a disability where he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu so he can only use taijutsu but wants to become an excellent ninja even with these disabilities. (and he works hard on it!) Oh, and love the big large eyebrows too. XD

merchant.jpg

The Merchant from Resident Evil 4

"Welcome! Heh heh heh"This guy always makes me laugh; he's one of my favorite characters just because of that. XD

Too lazy to post more of them...I'll just leave it to these guys for now. (Plus it's getting late)

Yoshi

strikers-yoshi.jpg

If you didn't see this coming, I think you'll need to see a doctor. Yoshi has been my favorite character every since he premiered. He's my favorite of all time! No other character from ANY franchise has anything on him, imo. I guess it's because our personalities are so similar, that it's scary. Determine, layback, helpful and we both apparently have bottomless pits for stomaches but somehow seem like we do not gain any weight what so ever. XD

Knuckles

Knuckles2006.png

He's red, he stronger than he looks and he's doesn't care what obstacle is in his way. Knuckles is someone that would go through hell and back to do what he believe his right. Not to mention that I enjoyed playing as him more than Sonic in most cases. :P Also he is not the smartest guy around, and he knows that.

Iron Man

ironman.jpg

Even though I watched, and enjoyed, the Dark Knight and Watchmen, nothing can touch Iron Man for me. I've been a fan of him for years, even went the series went quiet for a while. Iron Man(Tony Stark) may be a hero, but he wasn't just another "Righteousness will always prevail!" superhero. He acted like a normal man who had money and power. He was almost as real as a hero could get, in character.

Bender

futurama_bender.jpg

We all know his trademark catchphrase, so I'll try to refrain from that. Aw fuck it! "BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!" Xd Bender was a character who did what he want, when he want and how he want. Simple as that. Even when he did something wrong, he didn't care and neither did I. Because it was funny.

Viewiful Joe

Viewtiful%20Joe.JPG

Henshin a go-go, baby! Joe is one of my favorite because he is a superhero freak, just like me. Not to mention that he was able to live the dream, and shown people that he idolized what a true hero was. Not to mention that he was able to bring a interesting, and kickass style, to his arsenal.

Pyro

pyro-copy.jpg

Mrrr hrrr mphfff! Murrrrrrrr hurr hurr mpfffh. :| Errr hrr mamur gahurr. Errr mrrr dur? Nerr! >:( ERRR MURRRR MRPHF! MPHFFFFF EMPHFFFF!!!!!!!!:D

Edited by YoshiUnity

Renton Thurston

Renton.png

During the time Eureka Seven was still on the air, he was a character I could Identify with.

Silver the Hedgehog

SilvertheHedgehog.png

Rico Velasquez

ricoportraitxm0.jpg

How can you not love a character who repeatedly says "need my galsses?" every time you miss a shot?

DJ Professor K

jsr-6.jpg

'Sup wit dis fool?

Edited by Erazor

rfqxhxpamk.jpg

Kane

Prophet of the Brotherhood of Nod

It is my understanding that "Kane lives in death!"

Hearing him yell "The future is ours!" out of propaganda towers ain't half bad either.

Already said my favorite Sonic characters, so...

sam-max.jpg

Sam & Max have always delighted me with their sharp wit and loopiness - no matter where they are, whether it's the comics or even the games made by Tell Tales (What LucasARTS game? j/k I love them in there too). While they look like they'll appeal to kids young of age, they have a certain edge to them without being overly dark and stuff; not to mention how crazy Max is. Course, Sam is the opposite of Max, but they work together so well. Sam is the "good" cop; Insightful, resourceful, and gullible (see ep. 4 season 2 of the Tell Tales Games XD). Max is the rabbit-thing to tear things in apart (though not on screen XD). I can safely say that both of them are a lot like me in a lot of ways. The outer is Sam, the inner is Max. All is Max! >=O All hail the lagomorph!

Zidane_Tribal_character.jpg

Zidane Tribal is forever my favorite FF lead (along with Zack). Practically because, he's a breath of fresh air after brooding leads such as Squall and Cloud. Zidane is outgoing, bright, and witty. He can be a little flirty, but he definitely knows his way around the world and brightens the mood when need be. Also, from his mouth was spouted the greatest line ever for an FF lead to EVER say..."Ooo, soft..."

Others: The Flash, Static Shock, Gig (Soul Nomad), Kenshin Himura, Black Jack, Batman, Joker, Monkey D. Luffy, Gohan (Dragon Ball Z), Prinnies (Disgaea), Daffy Duck, and Goofy. AND SO MUCH MORE.

Edited by Ryusuke

rfqxhxpamk.jpg

Kane

Prophet of the Brotherhood of Nod

It is my understanding that "Kane lives in death!"

Hearing him yell "The future is ours!" out of propaganda towers ain't half bad either.

Damn how could I forget the supreme baldy Kane nice choice he kicks ass.

"You can't kill the messiah"

"Yes power shifts more quickly than some people think...."

Edited by Bloodfetish

Damn how could I forget the supreme baldy Kane nice choice he kicks ass.

"You can't kill the messiah"

"Yes power shifts more quickly than some people think...."

I concur!

Also Renton Thurston was totally kick ass in Eureka Seven! I am glad someone appreciates him.

250px-Fleetwayrobotnik.jpg

STC's Dr. Robotnik

Seeing how I grew up with STC, naturally it's my favourite version of the Robotnik character. He was the man you loved to hate. His plans were always foiled, even when he became a Chaos-powered God, thanks to his utter arrogance and ego. Sadly but not surprising, all of this took its toll on him and he slowly became genocidal and batshit insane.

Shout-out goes to AOSTH Robotnik. No guesses why.

170px-Edge_World_Heavyweight_Champ.jpg

WWE Superstar Edge

A weird choice since it's a real person, but wrestling is full of athletes potraying characters, a big example being The Undertaker, so bear with me. >.>

Edge first appealed to me back in 2004, when he started to get frustrated about how he deserved the big gold belt. Fans just weren't clicking to him like they used in his tag team days so Edge decided "Screw you, I don't need you" and has been hated by the WWE Universe fans ever since.

Now fast forward to 2009. He's the current World Heavyweight Champion, his 8th World Championship reign and the top heel on Smackdown, married to its main authority figure. Known as the Ultimate Opportunist due to the fact how he's won most of those titles; by being at the right place, at the right time. It also doesn't hurt that he's had a lot of show stealing matches in the past year; his feud with The Undertaker standing out.

Edge has come a long way from being that guy who I thought would sadly never be world champ to one of the premier stars in Professional Wrestling. Edge is the guy I wish I was; a devious cunning Canadian who solves his problems by attacking people with steel chairs. *salutes*

Edge is the guy I wish I was; a devious cunning Canadian who solves his problems by attacking people with steel chairs. *salutes*

LOL.

As for STC's Robotnik; I really liked him until he went all self-pitying and suicidal. Back in the day he was utterly unstoppable; indeed, he WON right at the start of the comic, conquering Mobius in a manner Chronicles totally ripped off. But his descent into omnicidal madness kinda stopped him being cool any more, IMO.

C'est le vie.

• 2 years later...

So I realize this is a super bump, but I figured it would be more efficient than making a new topic; Said new topic would probably just get merged with this one, so I hope I made the right choice!

I posted in this topic in 2009, but my list has actually changed. Significantly. So in my boredom I've decided to share my current taste in fictional characters.

5. Wario

Wario-mario_party_8.png

It's-a-Wario! My favorite Mario character, this greedy rapscallion is always out to get cash and boost his own ego. His comical hubris makes him quite the lovable rogue, and he's quite good at being genuinely awesome out on the battlefield as well. There's not a lot for me to say here, but I think Wario is fantastic.

I will say that I prefer greedy treasurehunter Wario over nose-picking fart joke Wario though. As much as I love WarioWare and do still find him quite entertaining in those games, I feel his personality's a bit skewed in them.

4. Dick Gumshoe:

Sprite-gumshoe.gif

Detective Gumshoe is a recurring character from the Ace Attorney games, an awesome series where you play as Phoenix Wright- the titular ace attorney- as he defends his clients and fights for the truth!

Gumshoe at first appears to be little more than the comic relief of the series, but he proves to be that and so much more as the games progress. He can be surprisingly competent when he wants to be, and his goofy nature is contrasted by having an awesome "Big damn heroes" moment in every game, where the dundering detective comes to the rescue and proves himself useful. His friendship with Miles Edgeworth and his little crush on Maggie Byrde are also really endearing.

3. Kogoro Mouri (aka Richard Moore)

kogoro_mouri.jpg

Like Gumshoe, Kogoro is a bumbling detective, this time from the Detective Conan/Case Closed series. It's a pretty great anime, albeit quite a long-runner, so check it out if you've got lots of free time!

Kogoro is a greedy, narcissistic goofball of a man. His shortsightedness and impatience constantly get in the way of his deductive skills. Still, there are times when he can actually be a pretty decent investigator, and the show has no shortage of heartwarming moments to demonstrate that he really is a decent guy who cares about his family.

I personally find his ego to be the most entertaining part of the series, and I always look forward to his scenes.

2. Dr. Drakken

drakken.jpg

So, since my last posting here, I got into Kim Possible and discovered the amazing Dr. Drakken, a mad scientist who comes close to- but just short of- Dr. Eggman in terms of endearing villainous charm.

Drakken tries everything from robots to clones to starring in a rap video to achieve his dreams of world conquest. This maniacal madman is nonstop entertainment, and his interactions with his deadpan assistant Shego make for some of the best scenes in the show. I could go on, but I'll just say that if you haven't watched Kim Possible, you should- Drakken's only one of the many hilarious supervillains in the series, but in my opinion, he's the best.

1. Rarity and Dr. Eggman (Tie!)

What's this? A tie for first place? I just couldn't decide between these two, so I've come to the conclusion that they're both number one on my list.

Rarity:

rarity1.jpg

Rarity is the best pony.

...Okay, I'll elaborate a little bit. What I like about Rarity can be summed up in three neatly-organized points:

1.) She's hilarious. Rarity's totally melodramatic personality, ego, and tremendous flamboyance make her scenes comic gold. I think this is self-explanatory.

2.) She flies in the face of stereotypes. On any other girls' cartoon, the "rich, fashionable girl" would automatically be cast as a vapid antagonist for our hero to clash with. Rarity is such a refreshing break from that trend, and actually portrays an affluent, fashion-minded person as... well, a person rather than a flat stereotype. I can't express just how much I love that about her. On that note, Rarity is more than just a trend-follower. She's an artist, and a successful businesswoman at that.

3.) I feel that she does have many of the flaws related to point 2. She is vain, and she is often preoccupied with social status... but never at the expense of what really matters. Her flaws are realistic and only make her good points all the more meaningful and sympathetic.

So yes- Rarity is awesome, and I love her.

Dr. Eggman:

sonic3d_eggman_tiny.png

And of course my other favorite is someone you're all familiar with.

I gush about Eggman enough in other topics, so I won't really go on about him here. He's great, and still shares the top of my list!

So yes- There's my updated character list. Yay.

Edited by Fancypants
  • Thumbs Up 8

Let me tell you about Homestuck.

hs00001.gif

This is John Egbert, chumhandle "ectoBiologist". Today is his 13th birthday. Today is also the end of the world.

Let me back up for a moment. Without spoiling too much (because you really should read it and experience it yourself), John and his friends have begun playing the beta of the supposed "Game of the Year", called SBURB. What appears at first to be a game of real-world item crafting and Sims-like house building turns out to be much more when a countdown is started and a meteor is spotted hurtling towards John's house. John (and his house) manage to escape death (/destruction) by being transported to a strange new world. His friends follow suit to avoid similar fates; the rest of the planet is not so lucky. This is when the "game" truly begins; there are monsters to fight, levels to gain, and quests to complete, with a reward unmeasurable waiting at the end.

But this post isn't about him.

hs01992.gif

This is Karkat Vantas, trolltag "carcinoGeneticist". Today is his 6th wriggling day. Today is also the end of the world.

Let me back up for a moment. Without spoiling too much (because you really should read it and experience it yourself), Karkat is a member of a particularly brutal alien species called Trolls, from a planet called Alternia. Karkat and his friends have begun playing a game recreated from mysterious technology found in some equally mysterious ruins, called SGRUB. What appears at first to be another "friendly" competition between two teams of alien kids turns out to be much more because, if you have any pattern recognition at all, you'll have already guessed that this is the same damn game.

The trolls have completed their game. But before they can claim their reward, something goes terribly wrong. Their rightly earned reward is taken from them, and they are forced to flee for their lives. Soon they come to the conclusion that the party responsible is a group of squishy pink aliens who are also playing SGRUB, led by a stupid looking boy with glasses and buck teeth.

Karkat decides to contact John and tell him exactly what he thinks of him.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling ectoBiologist [EB]

CG: ATTENTION WORTHLESS HUMAN.

CG: THIS IS YOUR GOD SPEAKING.

CG: IT IS A WRATHFUL GOD WHO DESPISES YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DARED TO FEAR.

CG: I HAVE WATCHED YOUR ENTIRE PATHETIC LIFE UNFOLD.

CG: I HAVE OBSERVED YOU WHILE YOU WOULD QUAKE AND TREMBLE IN PERSONAL PRAYERS OF SHAME.

CG: WHILE YOU PLEADED FORGIVENESS FOR BEING SUCH A WRETCHED DISGUSTING FAILURE ON EVERY CONCEIVABLE LEVEL.

CG: PROSTRATE BEFORE THE STUPID AND FALSE CLOWN GODS YOU HAVE SCRIBBLED ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BLOCK.

CG: BOGUS DEITIES WORSHIPED BY A PRIMITIVE "PARADISE" PLANET.

CG: BUT YOUR PRAYERS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

CG: THERE ARE NO MIRACLES IN STORE FOR YOU, HUMAN.

CG: ONLY MY HATE.

CG: IT IS A HATE SO PURE AND HOT IT WOULD CONSUME YOUR SAD UNDERDEVELOPED HUMAN THINK PAN TO EVEN CONTEMPLATE.

CG: IT IS A HATE THAT TO FATHOM MUST BE PUT INTO SONG.

CG: SHRIEKED BY THE TEN THOUSAND ROWDY SHOUT SPHINCTERS PEPPERING THE GRUESOME UNDERBELLY OF THE MOST TRUCULENT GOD THE FURTHEST RING CAN MUSTER.

CG: IT IS A HATE THAT MADE YOU AND WILL SURELY DESTROY YOU.

CG: MY HATE IS THE LIFEBLOOD THAT PULSES THROUGH THE VEINS OF YOUR UNIVERSE.

CG: IT IS MY GIFT TO YOU.

CG: YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THAT.

CG: YOU UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

This is reason #1 why Karkat is one of my favorite fictional characters. No other character I have ever seen can spin such beautiful verbal loathing. Any time he gets angry (which is pretty much all of the times (all of them)) you are guaranteed to find some of the most amazing and hilarious rage ever commited to text.

If it were just that, though, he'd be merely entertaining. A one-note comic relief character. But there's actually a lot more going on with him, and I kind of have to spoil more things, so if you are considering reading Homestuck you should probably skip this and get to it.

So, first off, trolls have a caste system determined by blood color. Troll blood runs across the full spectrum, from a rusty red for the most peasantly peasants to the purples and fuschias of royalty. Because Trolls are crazy brutal aliens, being a lowblood is Not Fun. You would consider yourself lucky to not be killed simply for annoying a higher blood. But Karkat has it even worse, because his blood is a bright cherry red that isn't even on the hemospectrum. He is a freak, who would surely be hated and killed if his blood color was ever exposed. And he knows this because no one hates Karkat more than Karkat.

Karkat is (largely justifiably) paranoid and defensive, and has erected a solid wall of rage between himself and everyone else, even the people whom he calls friends. But he's also desperately seeking both validation and friendship. Regarding the former, he sets himself up as the leader of the trolls, in the hopes of gaining the respect that he couldn't possibly get from his blood color, and he actually manages to keep their shit together long enough to win the game, in spite of their cultural inclination to kill each other. And when things do go to shit and people start getting hurt, it always hits him the hardest.

He's a tightly wound bundle of issues, snapping at everything, and it's both hilarious and sad.

Also (and this is a mega-spoiler, so if you have any interest in reading Homestuck do not open this spoiler box);

His ancestor is Troll Jesus, so that's funny too.

Honestly, though, every character in Homestuck is The Best Character*. I could write whole posts on why pretty much any character in it is The Best Character*.

*except Eridan.

Homestuck, not -struck.

And I would honestly say it's one of the best webcomics out there. I'm not normally the type to gush about stuff I like, but with Homestuck I find it hard not to. I've never read anything that manages to mix humor and drama in so many different forms so well, and there's just so much to it; the animations, the interactive flashes, the music (my god look at all this goddamn beautiful music)...it's unlike anything else out there.