Awoo.

Sonictrainer

In this new unforgettable 3D platforming adventure, Kirby explores a mysterious world full of abandoned structures from a past civilization. What surprises await the pink puffball?

MINOR EDIT: The game was leaked on the Japanese Nintendo Website earlier today.

Thanks to @PC the Hedgehog for the heads up.

Sorry about the Spoilers earlier...

Maybe you shouldn't have specified the franchise in the title until the Direct happened.  I don't care as much, but I know others do

• The title was changed to New *Nintendo* Game Leaked on Japanese Nintendo Website (DIRECT SPOILERS)

Changed the title of the topic for now to avoid spoilers for those that care. Will change it back once the Direct is out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Please be 3D. Kirby got way to comfortable and fell into a rut with Star Allies, this could be the shake up the franchise needs and it's 20 years overdue 

Spoiler

I predict that this is going to end up being an apocalyptic-like endgame where we learn what happened to wherever the game is setting in given how these games go near endgame/post-game.

Additional spoiler tags for people who didn't want to see what game it is yet. Will change after the official announcement.

Please continue to discuss in spoiler tags until it's aired.

• The title was changed to Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Coming Spring 2022)

Just like with Mario Odyssey, this'll probably be my first proper Kirby game. I just need more of these things to be super open and in 3D and then my brain allows me to go for it.

I played Mario Sunshine a bit when I was younger but I didn't like it. I thought SA2:B was cooler.

Looks rather marvellous!  This kind of peaceful post-apocalypse, long enough that nature has had time to reclaim its dominion, is just such a beautiful setting.  I haven't played a Kirby game since Planet Robobot, but I could definitely see myself getting this.  I wonder if it's still strictly level-based, or has an open component?

Post-Apocalyptic Kirby?!

Never thought I’d actually see the day…

On 9/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Post-Apocalyptic Kirby?!

Never thought I’d actually see the day…

It's just a normal recurring theme in the Kirby series.

In Kirby 64 he visited Shiver Star, a planet with the same shape as Earth (continents, moon and all), but all frozen up without any signs of human survivors. There is a danger signal in the level select screen that even seems to be written in human language and identical to existing ones; fans have theorized that it's Adeleine's origin place since she seems to be the only "human" in the series, and indeed a post-apocalyptic Earth.

22965650_Dangersignal.png.e3b3afc0a4c8d015cfad3ac4c56cdd3c.png

Kirby's Return to Dream Land features Halcandra, a land of the ancients where Magolor comes from, which is said to have once been a paradise but now it's a wasteland of lava and mechanical ruins.

Kirby Star Allies hints at some "Galactic Crysis" happend in the past that seems to be the cause of the almost total extinction of the people of Hyness' species.

Other Nintendo games that are cute on the surface such as Pikmin and Splatoon have the exact same setting as well, so it's nothing new really.

Anyway I'm interested in this game, it looks very good; I was skeptical about a 3D Kirby working well but when I've seen this trailer I noticed how much effort was put into this game and now I'm positive about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

The new Copy Abilities are called Ranger & Drill

Ranger Kirby

Spoiler

FI52iFRXoAMChh9?format=jpg&name=large

Drill Kirby

Spoiler

FI52m9EWQAQmIDM?format=jpg&name=large

In this game, the goal is save the Waddle Dees from the Beast Pack

Beast Pack - Gorimondo

Spoiler

FI58E0cXMAAr4Kn?format=jpg&name=largeFI58FQ2WQAEqFEN?format=jpg&name=large

Beast Pack - Tropic Woods

Spoiler

FI58FpiXoA0se2w?format=jpg&name=largeFI58GEVX0AAcaHK?format=jpg&name=large

You might save the Waddle Dees, but the Beast Pack won’t go down without a fight! Face off against huge bosses and use #Kirby’s copy abilities to take them down!

There's also a Wallpaper for the 30th Anniversary

FI5sjT-aAAYHnT6?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FI54VpIXIAQspR-?format=jpg&name=large

• The title was changed to Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Coming March 25th, 2022)
  • 4 weeks later...

New Trailer today showed off Mouthful Mode, Upgraded Copy Abilities, and some new bosses

Kirby is ready to rescue the kidnapped Waddle Dees in a new adventure!

With the new Mouthful Mode, Kirby can inhale real-world objects & use moves different from copy abilities. Make a stop at Waddle Dee’s Weapons Shop, where copy abilities can be evolved! Evolving copy abilities will expand his range of attacks, change his appearance, and make him more powerful!

Can Kirby restore peace to the mysterious world?

Mouthful Mode strikes me as something of a take on the Robobots - big dumb showstopper powers - but leaning harder into the grossness of Kirby's eating abilities.  I think I approve.  Copy ability upgrading makes me raise my eyebrows a little, but sure, why not.  ...Apparently that was in a previous game but without visual changes, so okay!

It was in Squeak Squad and all it did was let you make elemental versions of Sword, Wheel, & Bomb...

It gave like a few others an extra attribute/attack...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it was pretty unsubstantial in Squeak Squad, and they did something similar in Star Allies (though at least that game had a new elemental weakness system so it was a bit more relevant).

On 1/12/2022 at 8:17 AM, mayday2592 said:

I wonder how screwed up the new sidekick's backstory is gonna be.

It's been pointed out that Elfilin has a notched ear like what they do to identify lab mice. It's probably just a neat little touch to give their design a little asymmetric touch, but...

• Thumbs Up 1