Awoo.

Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog coming to Blu-ray (Discotek, February 2022)

SBR2

Milton Knight accidentally tweeted about a Blu-ray release of AOSTH coming from Discotek and it should be noted

Today is Discotek Day where they show off upcoming titles. I don't know if AOSTH will be a part of it but I figured I would start a thread for this. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Discotek putting out the DiC titles would be really cool, and would match with other video game inspired US series they've done like Ruby Spears Mega Man. Not sure if I'd double dip on them, since I already own all of the Shout Factory sets and I assume these would be SD on Blu-ray rather than remasters, but definitely awesome for those interested.

Hopefully we can see subbed Sonic X and the OVA at some point in the near future.

I am guessing they are going to be close original quality? After a certain point (mid 90s), it's hard to make the HD version that much better. Even some stuff from the early 2000s is grainy on rereleases.

Not complaining though! It's always good to get more media. Just wondering. 

The thing I'm really interested in is the commentary by Milton Knight. It'd be really cool to see what the process was for making this show. 

We know a bit of SaTam production, but not much on AoStH, so this will be interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Great to hear, this was my favorite Sonic cartoon out of the 2 original ones in the 90s.. Sat AM was good too, but this was one was just more laid back and funny and not as serious as Sat AM... My favorite aspect of this show was Scratch's laugh, "Haha ha HAAAAA" 😆

• 1 month later...

Confirmed for a February 2022 release.

Twitter thread with more info starts here:

• Thumbs Up 5

• The title was changed to Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog coming to Blu-ray (Discotek, February 2022)

I don't need this. I have the three Shout Factory sets. I like AOSTH, but it's not top tier for me the way SatAM and Sonic X are. I don't care that Discotek is my favorite distributor and the new set has incredible, god tier packaging. I just don't need it.

*Pilot* *TV Commercials* *Commentaries* *MORE*

...FINE!! Take the money! You already know you're going to get it! It was overkill after the pilot! Why are you this perfect Discotek? Why can you do know wrong?

*Notices English dubbed Lupin III Part I blu-ray* Of course!

Can we give some huge props to the designs of these DVD covers?

Especially that Sonic 1 cover. The way they manages to get Green Hill Zone in the show's style is just awesome.

FGiXJNGVIAYnlUE-1.thumb.jpg.56521abbdc0dca355e41ae8e62fb543c.jpgFGiXJNLVUAQfVTp.thumb.jpg.c2529b398cb4cd011b6370047da572fb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I kind of want this even though I didn't like the cartoon as a kid... (aside from a handful of decent episodes that were less ridiculous nonsense than some of the others).

I can officially retire my VHS tapes, like darn near all of them! 

I was sure Discotek would annouce something else Sonic related after X. (the OVA being the holy grail for me). 

• Thumbs Up 1