Awoo.

Sonic Channel Artwork: Shadow in Sand Ocean

Sonictrainer

Nice. This angle could still work today if they repurposed GUN to some animal organization with today's settings rules.

I"m not quite seeing Big in here though.

This is a fantastic piece of art and I wish there was a sonic game that attempted to replicate this style, even the big cameo is done much better. Instead of it being of distracting in a touching moment and implemented in a way once you see it, that's where your eye is drawn like in the shadow and maria piece . Its hidden well, like a reward and works with the picture. Very good art, its up there with the knuckles treasure map piece.

2 hours ago, FlameStream said:

Nice. This angle could still work today if they repurposed GUN to some animal organization with today's settings rules.

I"m not quite seeing Big in here though.

I don't think so. Shadow can't work for anyone. That's part of the rules people forget. He can work with people for mutual benefit and even that's extremely limited. And i'm ok with that in regards to gun, because gun sucks. A better interpretation of this I have seen was in Sonic R where shadow became the leader of said organization and MADE it be better is a bit more interesting. If i'm being honest with myself I prefer loner shadow that occasionally works with people. Its likely rouge on the other end of that walkie talkie one of the few people he kind of trusts. But if you really needed to tie him down, you could instead tie something down to him an entire organization. Maybe Team Dark Becomes Dark industries or something or The Dark Concern. You could have a bunch of characters spin off from that.

I don't know why, but the fact that Shadow is physically holding a walkie talkie here just really gels with me. I never liked that thing in SA2 and '06 where characters all just had constantly accessible, invisible communicators on their wrists. Felt like too much of a cop of out. The walkie talkie here just really works, and I dig the aesthetic. Awesome art.

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I don't know why, but the fact that Shadow is physically holding a walkie talkie here just really gels with me. I never liked that thing in SA2 and '06 where characters all just had constantly accessible, invisible communicators on their wrists. Felt like too much of a cop of out. The walkie talkie here just really works, and I dig the aesthetic. Awesome art.

He had a Walkie talkie in SA2 actually 

• Thumbs Up 2

I never thought about it before, but skimming through the cutscenes, SA2 is actually surprisingly good about that. Sonic, Tails, Shadow, and Rouge are all seen using walkie talkies, most of them in multiple scenes. The only time I can think of where they really mess it up is after Sonic vs Shadow 1, where we just have to assume Eggman's voice is coming out of Shadow's back pocket (or wherever you choose to believe the characters store things).