Awoo.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Editions (Leaked) - PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mobile Devices

Ryannumber1Scarer

Ryannumber1Scarer

If you've been keeping up with gaming news over the last few months, you might've seen that a leaked Grand Theft Auto remastered collection was being slated across the internet. Evidence has been mounting over the last while about the new editions of this game, with the most recent news of which being the most damning.

Last week, the trilogy was rated in Korea. Furthermore, in a very recent new update to the Rockstar Games Launcher, multiple assets in relation to the remastered trilogy was datamined - confirming it's existence once and for all:

With what we know about the remasters in general, they're supposedly more than a regular remaster (like the previous GTA ports), but not a full remake. They're being ported over to Unreal Engine, and will contain graphical changes and enhancements, with a mix of old and new graphics, according to the original leak. Unlike previous ports which were done by other companies, this one is supposedly being made by Rockstar Dundee in-house as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Teoskaven

Gotta love the naming. If Rockastar doesn't give a shit anymore about GTA I and II, why not renaming III to something else at this point? That's like if we only got the second part of one of Mega Man Legacy Collections and got that named like it was the only one.

Ryannumber1Scarer

The bad news is Rockstar is delisting the original versions from all storefronts.

Aren't nearly all those versions bad anyway? If so I can understand and it'd probably do good to have some consistency of this truly is the "definitive" version.

Ryannumber1Scarer
29 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Aren't nearly all those versions bad anyway? If so I can understand and it'd probably do good to have some consistency of this truly is the "definitive" version.

The PC versions have mods that fix them up, and the PS4 versions currently available are 1:1 to the original versions, barring removed music tracks.

Well... Rumours are that these new re-releases are in production since 2017 by Rockstar Dundee (yep) and they're using Unreal Engine, so it's hardly a straight port. Just need a video to see if this is true or not xD 

Man, I came close to buying SA last month on PSN. Good thing I didn't. It's my favorite game of all time and I hope this new release honors it. Never played VC or III, so I'm also looking forward to those.

If that's true, I'm torn. While GTA V's controls is easily the best in the series, I'm gonna miss the stupid shit you can do in the original trilogy, like standing on top of moving cars and trains without falling.

But if these improvements mean better aim, cover, shooting and a weapon's wheel, all of my YES. 

Ryannumber1Scarer

San Andreas Definitive will be available for Game Pass subscribers from November 11th onwards. 3 Definitive is coming to PS Now on December 7th.

Given the structure, I wouldn't be surprised if Vice City Definitive becomes a Game Trial game on Switch.

7 hours ago, Jango said:

Eh... This looks better than I expected and WORSE than I expected at the same time. I really don't know.

It kind of looks like Rockstar hired this man, but he wasn't able to achieve everything in his artistic vision. 

Everything is a bit too shiny and the smoothed character models don't look good. But the environments look alright. I think I'll get this when it's discounted. Never really played the GTA games too much, but I did play the single player campaign of GTAV from start to finish and loved that. 

I agree that the environments, vehicles and lightning looks pretty alright. The materials and textures in some clothes and hair also looks very nice. I think I'm just not feeling these character models TBH. 

But hey, if it's gonna play like GTA V with all the gameplay improvements that happened over the years, like weapon and radio wheel, better aiming/shooting and driving, I'm happy. Tho', I might not get it at launch since I have a weird sensation that this will be a buggy fest. I can't explain, I just feel. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I absolutely LOVE GTA SA, probably the game I've played most during my teenage years. If they fuck up one pixel, I'm gonna feel it double.

Honestly the ps2 era game have always kinda looked like shit but the games were always so fun with great music, dialogue and voice work it didn't really matter characters still had PS1 shovel hands and fucked up faces, so I think this mostly looks just fine. I'll probably pick it up come release