Awoo.

Looking for the GameTrailers upload of the Sonic '06 TGS 2005 trailer, anyone have it?

Hero of Legend

UPDATE: I actually found the SD YouTube upload (just type "Sonic TGS 2K5 cam trailer" on bing or google) so we know what it was:

So this was a 54-sec abridged version, that's a shame. TSS may still have the best full version here:

So... I'm divided. I wouldn't mind seeing the 720p version still if it does look better, even if it's not the full trailer. No wonder it was only 21MB. :P

###

I've been trying to find a copy of the 21.7MB .wmv upload of the Sonic '06 TGS 2005 trailer from GameTrailers. The url was http://www.gametrailers.com/download/7703/t_sonic15_cam_tgs5_h264.wmv. Does ANYONE here have it collecting dust in their HDD somewhere? Here's the thumbnail they have (via Wayback):

7702-t_sonic15_cam_tgs5.jpg

Going by this, it may be the best-quality version to date, hopefully.

I've been very busy collecting source-quality videos for archive.org. I've made quite the collection thus far, including previously unseen stuff I've had to receive from folks here and there, plus a lot of flash videos that are super hard to come across with the death of flash. Just the other day I've started ripping trailers from DVDs, including just today of Sonic '06's "sister" project; Fifth Phantom Saga. I even put up a 4K60 upscale of it:

Anyone here able to find that file, and even help contribute to this project of mine? Thanks! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting folks know I'm still looking for a HQ version of the trailer... no responses yet isn't the best sign of interest in helping... :(

1 minute ago, Adamabba said:

I've only been able to find this pretty good looking camrip of the full version.

Yep, I have a rip of the DVD it's from, but the issue is that 1. that watermark you see there, and the rip isn't interlaced properly so the frames are probably more blurred than they should be (you see extra after images so to speak).

Sadly I don't know of a better source though.

Have you tried asking Brandon Jones or Bloodworth from Easy Allies? They or someone else from EZA might have some stuff from their GT days.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, Marcello said:

Have you tried asking Brandon Jones or Bloodworth from Easy Allies? They or someone else from EZA might have some stuff from their GT days.

Just saw this, and the answer is yes! Bloodworth actually dropped by my thread on Era. Sadly a no-go.

On the bright side, I've uploaded a lot of stuff onto my archive account, and relevant to the thread, also includes Sega's TGS 2005 DVD I bought myself!

https://archive.org/details/sega-tokyo-gameshow-2005-dvd-japanese

Sadly there's no PS3 or 360 stuff in it (so now direct-feed Sonic '06 trailer or anything... damn it). This was by far the BEST chance of finding the holy grail of trailers, but sadly it was not to be. The seller had no means of checking the disc to see what was even on it. But it was worth it for preservation!

Also because I got a bundle/package deal that also included Capcom's TGS 2005 DVD as well:

https://archive.org/details/capcom-special-dvd-tokyo-game-show-2005-japanese

Same lack of PS3 and 360 stuff as well (why...?). But both DVDs have a good chunk of HQ pre-gen and handheld trailers. Sega's has the TGS trailer of Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders (JP ver. only obviously), and Sonic Rush. I've looked for a HQ version of the English version of Riders trailer where we infamously first heard the 4kids cast (knowingly, Shadow's E3 trailer was technically the first, but no-one was certain at the time it wasn't David Humphrey). I tracked down the .flv trailer from the NA Sonic Riders website, but it's low-res and even like 15 fps for some dumb reason IIRC.

Hope folks like my newest findings! Check my archive page for my updated collection. Lots of uploads of DVD rips of trailers.

https://archive.org/details/@goldmetalsonic

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Here are the 4K60 upscaled (normal, not AI) versions of the above rips for easy viewing!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

E79221BE-8CA4-4921-BB49-5F4473098FA7.thumb.jpeg.5ed807b7e171d06d845d1cd11ed06489.jpeg

this beta model looks so funny

How about a version from the DVD? ;)

betasonicriders5aj48.png

• Thumbs Up 1

More uploads from the Sega DVD:

https://archive.org/details/gunstar-super-heroes-game-boy-advance-tgs-2005-trailer-dvd-rip

https://archive.org/details/puyo-puyo-fever-2-tgs-2005-trailer-dvd-rip

And their 4K60 uploads:

Also got three trailers from the Capcom DVD on the account if you want to check those out as well.

Bloody hell, that Rush trailer is nostalgic for me. I remember it so vividly, right down to all the music cuts. I think that prior to that trailer, Rush was kind of seen as just another Sonic Advance game and wasn't really that exciting. But things were kind of set on fire when the music was revealed and we saw the boost mechanic in action. Rush was a big deal back in 2005!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Bloody hell, that Rush trailer is nostalgic for me. I remember it so vividly, right down to all the music cuts. I think that prior to that trailer, Rush was kind of seen as just another Sonic Advance game and wasn't really that exciting. But things were kind of set on fire when the music was revealed and we saw the boost mechanic in action. Rush was a big deal back in 2005!

Was this when they first revealed the Hideki Naganuma soundtrack and boost? I mean the boost was in the E3 build IIRC, unless it was never shown for whatever reason, but I feel like I recall it being in the demo from the footage out there.

5 hours ago, Hero of Legend said:

Was this when they first revealed the Hideki Naganuma soundtrack and boost? I mean the boost was in the E3 build IIRC, unless it was never shown for whatever reason, but I feel like I recall it being in the demo from the footage out there.

I'm fairly certain that it's when the soundtrack was revealed. As for the boost, it was probably revealed earlier but I don't recall seeing such clear footage of it until this trailer. The combination of the two in this trailer turned heads. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been busy!

Not only have I've uploaded every Nintendo and Sony E3 conference I've found DVDs of, but I also put up Microsoft's E3 2004 conference on YT and just started (again) uploading the 2005 one.

In Sonic news, I put up the E3 2003 gameplay vids for Sonic Adventure DX and Heroes, both on Internet Archive (the raw rips) and 4K60 upscaled on Youtube:

The raw links are in the descriptions, or just click here and here!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy uploading 4K60 versions of most of the trailers from Sega's TGS 2005 DVD. 26 trailers as of now with a few left.

If you're interested, I uploaded 4K60 versions of every trailer from the GameCube Preview DVD (folks in NA should easily recognize this).

And for ease I put all of my uploaded 4K60 E3 conferences in their own playlist as well.

Also I finally got around to also uploading a 4K60 version of the Sonic DS vid:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

Almost a month has past and I've been BUSY!

I've uploaded SO MANY vids from DVDs, many playlists are now complete, here's the collection so far:

E3 Conferences (4K60 Upscale) - 9 vids so far

HD IGN Insider Videos (4K60 Upscale) - 20 vids so far

Sega TGS 2005 DVD (4K60 Upscale) - 32 vids - Completed

Capcom Special DVD: Tokyo Game Show 2005 (4K60 Upscale) - 21 vids - Completed

Nintendo GameCube Preview DVD (4K60 Upscale) - 36 vids - Completed

(E3 2001) The Future of Videogames Vol. 1 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 13 vids - Completed

(E3 2001) The Future of Videogames Vol. 1 DVD - Dreamcast (4K60 Upscale) - 15 vids - Completed

(E3 2002) The Future of Videogames Vol. 2 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 31 vids - *Completed (1 vid exception, see description)

(E3 2003) The Future Of Video Games 2K4 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 50 vids - Completed

(E3 2003) The Future Of Video Games 2K4 DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 17 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 32 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - Nintendo DS (4K60 Upscale) - 9 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 11 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 18 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - Nintendo DS (4K60 Upscale) - 21 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 8 vids - Completed

Sonic Unleashed (Wii) Cutscenes (4K60 Upscale) - 57 vids - Completed

I also have my 4K Upscaled Videos playlist that's more for singular vids and some prior uploads that will eventually go into their own playlists.

The E3 2004 GBA one does come with a Sonic Advance 3 trailer:

The E3 2005 DVD is up next now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got all of the GC, DS, and GBA E3 2005 vids done!

I've done some bonus stuff too, including a few Shadow stuff!

First here's the E3 trailer from the same DVD, only it's an alternate one where there's no music but has different footage (and a lot of it is in 60fps!):

Next some biggies; I located the sources of those beta cutscenes with the different music. I think we all recognize the movie in the first one (shh don't look at the title! XD)!

Sources for both in their descriptions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

This is all so cool. I really appreciate the work you're doing here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

This is all so cool. I really appreciate the work you're doing here. 

Well you're basically the only one that still drops by it seems. Would be nice if others paid even a little more attention and would, just... comment once in a while! :P

On that note, the beta intro!

• Thumbs Up 1

28 cutscenes are up! That's it from the MOVIE1 folder aside from the Sega logo intro but is that needed? I can upload it if folks want.

Also there are "missing" cutscenes if you follow the order of the ones uploaded, I think they're indeed in the MOVIE2 folder. For what reason, I couldn't tell you. I'll get to those ASAP.