Awoo.

New Characters and Costumes Possibly Coming to Sonic Forces Speed Battle (Unmarked Datamine spoilers)

GentlemanX

Looks like they're finally adding Infinite to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle on mobile. Take it with a grain of salt right now, but it seems to come from a datamine from the game via the SAAC_RUS website. Apparently a Christmas-themed Silver character is also coming to the app as well.

Bluwolf also posted a picture of the Infinite render, he's usually been good with datamining these characters too so it adds a little bit of weight to all of this. Hopefully these will both be announced properly soon!

• Thumbs Up 3

I add an in-game message a few hours ago saying a new character will arrive soon (in a few days indeed) but I haven't thought about him!!...
Great great news!!...
He will be the 56th playable character : the roster of the game in incredible!!...

So, the 57th runner would be Christmas Silver?!...
I love him... but I thought they would have added Galahad before...

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of players have been encountering the red glitch in the race battles. Is this a sign that Infinite is coming to the game? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely seems like they're working their way up to introducing him in the game, if they're going bigger on the red glitches during races.

I'm just surprised that it's taken SEGA four years to put Infinite in his own game! 😅

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

Lots of players have been encountering the red glitch in the race battles. Is this a sign that Infinite is coming to the game? 

I just encountered the red glitch - I'm positive it's Infinite, when he passed me I could just make out his outline within the mass of Phantom cubes surrounding him. When I won, I also received a weird looking chest I'd never seen before which took 30 minutes (or 30 stars) to open, gave me 15,000 rings and some cards towards the glitch chatacter - the number of cards needed to unlock it was shown as ??? and the glitch character doesn't appear in my still to be unlocked list.

It's actually a pretty fun way of building hype for Infinite - I was completely not expecting it!

I just got the glitch too (though I didn't have any spare slots for the special chest). In addition to everything else, the music changes to an instrumental version of Infinite's theme when he's on the course. That's pretty neat of itself - I wonder if we'll get a new course that uses the music since each course has it's own music and otherwise this music is only temporary.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I just got the glitch too (though I didn't have any spare slots for the special chest). In addition to everything else, the music changes to an instrumental version of Infinite's theme when he's on the course. That's pretty neat of itself - I wonder if we'll get a new course that uses the music since each course has it's own music and otherwise this music is only temporary.

That's cool - I had the sound off so didn't catch the tune change, pretty neat!

Played about 12 matches, then the Edgy music came out on blast. That is a very nice touch to adding him into the game.

If they were trying to be cheeky about hiding his identity though, they did quite the half job in doing so. His character model is replaced by phantom blocks, but one of his attacks creates infinite clones that charge the player, and those are not obscured in any way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to New Characters and Costumes Possibly Coming to Sonic Forces Speed Battle (Unmarked Datamine spoilers)

I met Infinite today... I won the race but, unfortunately, I already had four chests so I didn't win any "Infinite" chest!!...

I'm gonna buy a computer tablet next week just to play my beloved SONIC games by HARDlight because my BlueStacks emulator and my computer are far from being perfect!!...
HARDlight means so much for me : their games are great (most of them just lack a Story Mode even if we can easily find one to fill the SONIC timeline), they are real SONIC fans who know how to please SONIC fans and, moreover, for me they were the only one who kept SONIC alive (with Sonic Team's SONIC RUNNERS) during the horrible period called SONIC BOOM going from 2014 to mid-2017 where my beloved (original SONIC) universe was nowhere to be seen!!...

HARDlight make my SONIC fan's heart beat harder and harder, it is an infinite happyness to discover all the doplegängers they create in SPEED BATTLE to keep on expanding the SONIC universe and roster!!...
I hope one day HARDlight will be allowed to create their own original SONIC character (maybe a brand new new hedgehog... or a gorgeous echidna) and use him / her as a mascot for the studio : they really deserve it!!...
Meanwhile, I consider Slugger Sonic as their mascot...

• Thumbs Up 1

I know that we are in a Sonic forum frequented by Sonic fans and all, but I really can't stand to when people praise Hardlight as if they were holy gods or something.

Their games, including and especially Sonic Forces, are dangerous ludopahty inducing traps and nobody should ever convince other people getting into them.

If you like those games and want to play them aware of what they are, it's fine, but by advertising them with such praises that don't even fit the actual product (the unfair mess with laggy and unresponsive controls that cheats to make you lose when you don't spend enough money into it), you are potentially hurting some kids and their family.

I wish that type of games were illegal worldwide and not just in some counties like they actually are.

3 hours ago, Iko said:

If you like those games and want to play them aware of what they are, it's fine, but by advertising them with such praises that don't even fit the actual product (the unfair mess with laggy and unresponsive controls that cheats to make you lose when you don't spend enough money into it), you are potentially hurting some kids and their family.

I mean, I agree with you that mobile games that rely on microtransactions can be quite predatory in nature, but... how is anyone 'advertising' this game in this topic?

This is news about a game that exists that features Sonic the Hedgehog, so it is worth talking about. Feel free to bring up the whole microtransaction thing all you like as an awareness thing (as long as you're not derailing the topic), but please don't accuse the community of 'shilling' or 'advertising' or 'being part of the problem' just by discussing a piece of news.

• Thumbs Up 1