Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

Just had to split out a side-conversation regarding a leak. The topic title literally says “Do Not Discuss Leaks”, lol. Please keep to topic rules.

It was also newsworthy for its own thread, which is something nobody is really doing so let me remind you all - New News = New Topic!!!! 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Just had to split out a side-conversation regarding a leak. The topic title literally says “Do Not Discuss Leaks”, lol. Please keep to topic rules.

It was also newsworthy for its own thread, which is something nobody is really doing so let me remind you all - New News = New Topic!!!! 😛

Have you read my recent status update regarding the new comic rules?

Here's something interesting. Doesn't have much new it seems, but it's a good sign that they're willing to advertise before a big movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Here's something interesting. Doesn't have much new it seems, but it's a good sign that they're willing to advertise before a big movie.

This is the trailer the tweet you posted was talking about, I am sure.

5 hours ago, MightyGems said:

This is the trailer the tweet you posted was talking about, I am sure.

My god, what is this thing? SONIC TEAM is not capable of creating a real trailer???

It's called a TV Spot for a reason. It's not an 'actual' trailer.

Plus Sonic Team doesn't create the trailers, SEGA does.

There is a topic to discuss the new TV Commercial, please post all comments directly related to that spot here:

Faxro_NUUAA_Lxn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This lil Koco is here to remind you to tune into 
@gamescom
 tomorrow for a brand new Sonic Frontiers trailer!

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Faxro_NUUAA_Lxn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

That's a Rock Chao and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

I do wonder if there will be an in- game explanation that describes or at least alluded to their relationship with the Chao.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ok...i confess this thread (and others on the ssmb) plus the excellent articles on this site covering Frontiers has today inspired me to buy a ps5.

I just hope and pray, frontiers is worth it. it will be, wont it!?? Its sonic...it will be!! 06 wont / cant happen again. Can it!? Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

Ok...i confess this thread (and others on the ssmb) plus the excellent articles on this site covering Frontiers has today inspired me to buy a ps5.

I just hope and pray, frontiers is worth it. it will be, wont it!?? Its sonic...it will be!! 06 wont / cant happen again. Can it!? Lol

Don't buy a game system for one game that isn't even out yet. Wait until it's out and there are reviews, from both critics and fans.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

Don't buy a game system for one game that isn't even out yet. Wait until it's out and there are reviews, from both critics and fans.

I will admit...Forbidden West, Cyberpunk, Lego Star Wars and backwood compatibility with ps4 discs also were a factor too. On top of Frontiers.

Probably gonna watch the trailer when it uploads separately, never a big fan of watching trailers live on YouTube. 

This combat system has a lot of little things that just add on top of enemy strategy and movement that I'm honestly shocked. This is really starting to look even more in depth than I thought and seems to control and work way better than something that has the phrase "A Sonic game with combat" should be.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's some different playstyles in the demo, mainly affecting the boost. Honestly it's like an "easy mode hard mode" thing based by descriptions.

A friend of mine made a good point with the Cyberspace levels given the current details and videos we know of: They're like the Shrines in BotW

• Thumbs Up 1

As it turns out, the Drift is in Sonic Frontiers. But it's now a context-sensitive action like the Quick Step and Drift are in Colors

1 hour ago, PSI Wind said:

A friend of mine made a good point with the Cyberspace levels given the current details and videos we know of: They're like the Shrines in BotW

Pretty much. They are the supplement and not the main dish (e.g, the open zones) so I'm personally fine with them as they are. Especially if there are a lot of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh hey, the Drop Dash really is in Frontiers.

I sure hope it's not just for attacking and that there's even the slightest hint of rolling physics in this game.

Cynicism aside, it's nice to see the Drop Dash become...I guess a series staple? Hope it appears more.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PSI Wind said:

Did breath of the wild ever reuse a puzzle room from a past game?