Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

11 minutes ago, azoo said:

Didn't a recent livestream from Sonic's Youtube channel say there's no game news for the rest of the year?

If Sonic appears at the TGAs it's either for the movie or for a last-minute change of plans.

image.png.5f3596d4280411883b3d96493efd0737.png

bop

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, well, call me consistent but my main concern remains focused on story and characters. I just like experiencing Sonic's world in an interactive setting so... I hope it does that well this time. 

10 minutes ago, MetKey said:

We're gonna see something alright

This could be worthy of its own thread potentially. Or at the least, the new trailer when it drops

• Thumbs Up 2

Told you all so
If You Say So Shrug GIF

Since the official account for the games responded, we can be 100% sure that game news are coming. I’ll see you all on Thursday!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

I'd be cool with seeing the movie instead, but boy if all this teasing leads to basically nothing at TGA that'd be so funny.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 2

20 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

if this turns out to only be the movie trailer and nothing else I'm gonna be so peeved >:|

I'll take anything tbh. The fact that it's the game account rather than the movie account seems to imply game-related stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, MetKey said:

We're gonna see something alright

Well  that's the closest thing to a written confirmation of sorts for some sort if announcement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully it is a Frontiers trailer, would be nice to find out if this truly is going to be open world or not. Really my big hope is extra playable characters, ones who aren't Classic Sonic. That or extremely unlikely event of IDW characters turning up, that would make me scream like those people in react videos do. Maybe a triple whammy of Frontiers, Origins, and the movie? Seems like a movie trailer has to drop soon surely unless they are delaying the release.

• Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Hopefully it is a Frontiers trailer, would be nice to find out if this truly is going to be open world or not. Really my big hope is extra playable characters, ones who aren't Classic Sonic. That or extremely unlikely event of IDW characters turning up, that would make me scream like those people in react videos do. Maybe a triple whammy of Frontiers, Origins, and the movie? Seems like a movie trailer has to drop soon surely unless they are delaying the release.

Stop with that. You're setting yourself for disappointment. I will say, however, that a trailer for the film is certainly plausible seeing as they have to be preparing its marketing push soon.

I also don't discount Frontiers popping up since a site for it just popped up recently. But seriously, stop with the multiple characters thing until we see how the game actually plays with the main character this franchise is literally named after. 

Edited by Zoomzeta
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Stop with that. You're setting yourself for disappointment. I will say, however, that a trailer for the film is certainly plausible seeing as they have to be preparing its marketing push soon.

I also don't discount Frontiers popping up since a site for it just popped up recently. But seriously, stop with the multiple characters thing until we see how the game actually plays with the main character this franchise is literally named after. 

TBH I'm not that excited or hopeful. I just like to indulge in "what ifs?" At this point I'd be happy for the secondary cast to just show up as NPCs in Forces, rather than as being actually playable. If the game is open world like rumoured, I really want them to exploit using characters for side quests.

• Thumbs Up 3

At least two tweets that announce the trailers mention specifically a game trailer at the Game Awards so there's definitely going to be a game announced.

Whether its FrontiersOrigin, or something entirely new remains to be seen. Ideally, it would definitely be Frontiers. The best place to get people's eyes on Sonic and even signal confidence in the new project. 

Origins is the safest and most disappointing option, especially since it's coming out sooner.

If it's an entirely new game, then it will definitely be a huge surprise.

3 hours ago, Razule said:

Screw it, abandoning all caution, betting on this now. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Name reveal is definite. Either a mostly CGI teaser with a scrap of gameplay, or entirely CGI and gameplay will be revealed shortly after. Late spring or early summer release reveal.

Let's goooo

lmao it absolutely was never going to be a pachinko game. And considering when it began development I sincerely doubt NFT integration. I do believe some of these are likely, such as "no gameplay", "wisps are back", and "many 2D sections".  I don't think they'll be dumb enough to shoehorn Classic into this after the reception they got from doing that for Forces- Sonic Team's dumb but they're not tone-deaf.

Depending of when the game will be released, they might not show too much of it, imo. I just hope we'll get some vision of the gameplay, enough to have a general direction. About plot, we might have the "core idea" of the game, but I don't think we'll really have anything important for the story (stuff like "Eggman invaded the world", "Sonic is in Eggman's interstellar amusement park").

And certainly we'll have hours of discussion in the fandom about how bad/good is the hue of blue used for Sonic, and the lenght of his spike :D