Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, and Sonic All Stars Racing on Xbox to receive a FPS boost on Xbox Series consoles

Dreadknux

Unleashed was/is sub-720p. 880x720 to be exact.

If things look somewhat blocky, that's because they are... your typical 720p HD game has 45 per cent (!) more detail than Sonic Unleashed, which runs at a super-limp, organ-deflating 880x720 on both platforms.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-18-article?page=3

• Thumbs Up 1

If Xbox Series S/X wasn’t as hard to find as a PS5, I’d be trying so hard to get one for holiday so I can play this and the halo master chief collection. But nah, I can wait another year or 2 when scalpers aren’t being bitches 

Series S is generally pretty simple to find, at least around where I live. Series X, however, is another story - sometimes the stock lasts a little longer than PS5s, but sometimes it's worse than PS5 stocks.

Honestly, if you're primarily interested in playing Unleashed and Generations with the higher framerate, and you're not fussed on 4K, then I'd argue the Series S is at least worth a look. It's genuinely surprising at times just how powerful that little speaker is.

It might also be worth looking into Xbox All Access plans if you're planning on getting any of the Series consoles. You'll have to pay more than you would getting the console by itself, but the two years of Game Pass it comes with is more than worth it imo.

It’s been pretty hard to find on my end, but it’s also holiday season, but I do recall over the summer even, series s was still reportedly being sold out due to scalpers. At best, I’ll just wait until summer next year, hopefully both the PS5 and S are more readily available by then, but considering how hard developing and shipping out consoles has become, eh. It’s not a huge deal for me, especially since most games are still cross gen

1 hour ago, NegaMix said:

Series S is generally pretty simple to find, at least around where I live. Series X, however, is another story - sometimes the stock lasts a little longer than PS5s, but sometimes it's worse than PS5 stocks.

Same, I've seen Xbox Series S in stock at my local GameStop and Costco. It is pretty easy to get Series S, but Series X is as hard to get as PS5

• Thumbs Up 1

Been playing Unleashed on a Series S and it runs amazingly, I don't think I've seen a single frame drop yet (but I am also really bad at noticing this kind of stuff, so take that as you will). Generations ran pretty well on it's native systems, so I'm interested in seeing how much better it can be with the boost. Waiting for a sale though, I love Generations but I've bought it 3 times and I'm not willing to pay $20 for it for a 4th.

As for the people struggling to find a Series S/X, check your Targets if you have one. They seem to handle the new systems differently than that of Gamestop/Walmart/Whatever-else. They don't sell them in waves, they put them on the floor as soon as they receive stock. Mine had a good few Series S just waiting on the shelves, it's the Series Xs that everyone wants so S isn't too big of a hassle to find.