Awoo.

Sonic Channel December 2021 Calendar: Super Sonic and Eggman on Space Colony ARK

The Tenth Doctor

We're going to the ARK! Guess that means we're going too!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Super Sonic and Eggman Story Translations

Part 1 (translated by DizzyDennis)

Spoiler

From space, radio waves were hijacked by Dr. Eggman as they beamed down his thunderous and echoing voice to radios and TV signals around the world!

“Behold, what happens when I’m able to take the thousands of abandoned gravity cylinders from the Space Colony ARK! Their gravitational pull affect the rotation of the entire space station, but I can redirect them to my will! It’s all-you-can-eat mischief for me!”

This threat came up so suddenly! Frightened by an invisible weapon that floats in the unseen sky, everybody looked upwards with bated breath.

“… if you don’t want me to do you any more harm then the whole planet should surrender to me and the power this station possesses! Ho—ho ho ho ho!”

The entire world was stricken with fear.

The “gravity cylinder” is a device that generates artificial gravity in the shape of a cylinder that emits green light. It has a diameter of 3 meters and a length of about 10 meters.

It was once used to carry heavy cargo to and from the Space Colony ARK, but after the ARK was abandoned… Eggman took a keen interest in them.

Eggman continued speaking while looking at the gravity cylinders from inside his Egg Mobile. He had an intrigued expression on his face as he gazed upon the ring of cylinders he assembled. He enjoyed his creation from a distance in space.

“This is a real blitzkrieg strategy! Secretly setting up my special Black Boxes in such a short period of time was really something! Now… which one shall we play with first?”

That’s when Eggman tried to press his device’s activation button.

“What kind of blitzkrieg strategy is that! Too bad you couldn’t get it done before the Chaos Emeralds were revived, huh!?”

When Eggman looked back at that familiar voice, a golden streak of light passed by in an instant. In just a millisecond, a row of gravity cylinders in front of the mad doctor exploded in a furry of fire. Super Sonic floated triumphantly in front of it.

“How’s that!? You want some more, Eggman?”

Sonic, who had transformed into Super Sonic, flew around the space colony at an unbelievable speed. He pierced the inner ring of the gravity cylinders from one end to the other. They were all destroyed in just a few seconds!

Eggman struggled to hide his astonishment.

“Su … Super Sonic !? It should have taken much longer for the Chaos Emeralds to regain their power …!?”

“Well, I’ve been pretty busy lately …. Now that your toys are broken, why don’t you just give up and leave instead of making this into a whole thing?”

Sonic urged Eggman to surrender, as they both looked at the number of gravity cylinders around them. … but Eggman wasn’t finished yet.

"Grrrgrrrgrr … you imbecile! I won’t give in so easily! Get a load of this!”

Eggman then pushed a button after an extravagant stroke of his arm…

The Eclipse Cannon, a giant weapon attached to the Space Colony ARK, slowly began to active above them. It was emitting some kind of signal and was pointed directly towards the planet below.

“Wait! No way …!”

“I sent my elite robot unit to the main control room of the ARK and it seems like they’ve already taken it over! The power is building and it’s still only at 0.5%, but it should be enough to level a small town!”

Sonic, who switched to an entirely serious demeanor, suddenly received an emergency message on his communicator from Tails. His two-tailed friend was down on the planet.

“This is bad, Sonic! Eggman’s robots that were left unattended all around the world have started rampaging all at once! They’re are way too many of them!

“What’s going on, Tai—”

<< Boom! >> >>

Just as Sonic responded to Tails, he received a painful blow as he was knocked into the wreckage of one of the gravity cylinders. It even pulled him back as he regained composure and it floated onward.

“Urgh …!?”

“Ho Ho Ho Ho! Where are you looking, Sonic!?”

Before Sonic knew what was even happening, Eggman was floating in front of him with a new weapon attached to his Egg Mobile. From the bottom of his pod, a super-heavy iron ball with a diameter of about 5 meters, connected by chains swayed back and forth.

Then, a purple electricity sparked from the Egg Mobile and created a spherical energy field about 100 meters in radius.

“So, you really want me to beat you down that badly, Eggman?”

Despite his banter, Sonic paid close attention to this new threat and confronted Eggman.

"Hmph! … The wheel of gravity cylinders should be restored before long after I kill you! The Eclipse Cannon can fire from space and I can effortlessly decimate anyone below … Just watch as this planet falls neatly into my hands as they all wallow in their despair!”

Upon saying that, Eggman increased the energy output into his new weapon and the iron ball began to slowly rotate.

This ultra-heavy iron ball could generate 10Gs of gravitational force with a radius of about 10 meters. It was created by overclocking unique parts of the gravity cylinders. It also moved at super fast speeds due to Eggman’s Black Box technology. He attacked Sonic.

““The Super Special Gravitational Strike-n-Capture Iron Ball: the Egg Graviton!” It’ll catch you and crush you under unimaginably heavy gravity!”

The final battle between these two was commencing; where gravity was being torn apart against the jet-black canvas of outer space.

Part 2 (translated by DizzyDennis)

Spoiler

From his own momentum, Sonic, who was now Super Sonic, avoided one swing and then two others from the iron ball that was moving at exhilarating speeds.

Every time Eggman swung the supergravity ball through space, an abnormal sensation of gravity grabbed the debris of nearby rubble. It became an ever-increasing orb of destruction against Sonic as it tore apart the ARK.

“Take this! TAKE THIS!”

Sonic wasn’t defeated just yet. While he evaded the Egg Graviton, Sonic used the bending gravity and was carried forcefully into Eggman. The plump doctor was sent flying!

“What’s wrong, Sonic? You call that an attack? Are you scared!?”

“No way, you kidding me!? I was just having some fun with your neat new toy!”

“I’d regret losing here now …! Even if you try to defeat me here, you’ll cause everything below to be engulfed in a sea of fire, right?”

Upon saying that, Eggman couldn’t help, but laugh at Sonic as it seems the tide of the battle was shifting.

“… I think you’re mistaken, Eggman!”

A familiar voice pop through both Sonic and Eggman’s communication devices.

“…!?”

The golden hedgehog and the mad doctor stopped their squall for a moment. The voice continued as if it was expecting Eggman to look into his Egg Mobile.

“Looks like you had your own satellite to control all your robots. Well, I’ve hacked and sabotaged it!”

It was the unmistakable voice of Sonic’s best friend, Tails.

“What the hell … !!!?? What is this …!?”

Looking at the display on his console, Eggman’s face went frozen in shock. Instead of his troops moving forward, they were pushed back, almost entirely in certain areas. Eggman became furiously impatient.

Tails could sense this and acted even more triumphant.

“Your own radio jack requires a lot of energy. I could find it immediately with my Energy Detector 2.0!” Eggman, you stupidly used optical signaling instead of radio waves. Thanks to your miscalculations, I was even able to hack the radio output! … Then we mounted an incredible counterattack all over the world! Everyone was absolutely amazing!”

Sonic’s friends were assaulting Eggman’s robots as they were turning tail and running away. Sonic responded with a thumbs up pointed towards the planet below. Eggman was enraged!

"Nice job, Tails! I knew you could handle it!“

"These robots are so stupid! Oh yeah!”

On Angel Island, Knuckles was intercepting a robot army that was trying to secure the Master Emerald. His ancestral battle gloves had an incredible destructive power!

Knuckles knocked a bunch of bots back into an explosion as he turned to face more.

“Alright! Keep them coming!”

In Station Square, Amy stood at the entrance to Twinkle Park. She crushed them all with her Piko Piko Hammer!

“Remember, cute couples get in free, but disgusting couples are prohibited from entering!”

Cream helped everyone by flying to many different places as she aided evacuation efforts alongside Vector and the Chaotix Detective Agency.

The alien wisps were generously cooperating as the “Wispon” weapons where they could divert their superpowers. They were fighting with everyone all over the world.

The Egg Mobile’s strategic display showed numerous alerts. They all showed how the Eggman Army was being thwarted.

After erasing the display, Eggman pointed towards Sonic and shouted in an indomitable declaration.

“You’re always getting in my way! But this is far from over! It’s all still working within my parameters.”

“… Is that so? Thaaaaank you, Eggman. Isn’t this just a lovely example of you losing yet again?”

"You blasted—! … Huh, you little rat. Let’s see if you can say that after I fire this bad boy!”

A blinding light spread behind Eggman as the Space Colony ARK’s main weapon, the Eclipse Cannon, finally fired.

<< BOOOOOOOOOM!  >> >>

Even with an original output of only 0.5%, a tremendous torrent of energy around the turret charged into the atmosphere as a large pillar of light went towards the planet’s surface.

Sonic made an intense glance towards it; a look he had never given before.

He became tense for a moment.

"…!“

With that… a giant explosion would go off on the surface of the planet killing all who were caught in its wake …

”…………!?“

It didn’t happen …  Eggman completely lost his temper and screamed.

"Why!? Why didn’t it go off!? This is the power of the Eclipse Cannon we’re dealing with!!”

The star-destroying laser of the Eclipse Cannon should have decimated a whole city and killed those below. However, it was stopped by a psychokinetic barrier formed by Silver the Hedgehog.

100 meters above the ground, Silver laughed as he floated in midair. People below him were cheering him on as his shield of light dissipated. As Silver held his hands towards the atmosphere above, he took in a breath of relief and smelled the air.

“Looks like you shot in the wrong place, Eggman!”

“Oh, that’s it…! That moron messed it up! … Alright! Then I’ll just shoot it somewhere else! It should still be good for one more shot …”

Eggman barked and hissed while mashing buttons on his console when suddenly a skillful intelligence officer and treasure hunter, Rouge the Bat, sent a message to him.

"Oh, sorry, sugar. Was that the Eclipse Cannon? I guess I just stopped it ♪"

"What the— !?“

The signal of Rouge’s communications was detected as being from the central control room of the Space Colony ARK.

“I was able to get here, thanks to that warp transfer device that was abandoned within Eggman Land! ♪ It seems the old doctor forgot about it! ♡”

"No no no no no no no! You little— Rouge! My elite robots should’ve been there …”

<< KABOOOOM …!  >> >>

As if to block Eggman’s voice, an explosion behind Rouge could be heard through the speaker.

Beyond the communicator, within the central control room of the ARK, the final robot met it’s end when stabbed with piercing yellow energy. From the smoke, a black shadow coldly stood as it grabbed Rouge’s communicator.

“That trash was rather unpleasant. I’ve disposed of it for you, Doctor.”

It was the distinct voice of Shadow the Hedgehog, a jet-black hedgehog.

“Was that Shadow!? No, this can’t be!!!!!”

… Sonic turned towards Eggman, who was completely unable to do anything as his face turned bright red!

“Now you know why I’m here. Now you know why we can’t let you do what you want to with this planet. Because it’s not just me on this planet, it’s all of “US!”

Sonic continued to approach the Egg Mobile, holding his hands and exerting his strength into a golden aura.

“It’s because of the people I’ve met, the people who supported me that I have become this Super Sonic before you. You’re not the kind of person who would understand the strength of these bonds…”

Sonic tried to make the final blow…

Eggman’s booming voice and the spirit of the Egg Graviton, erupted loudly as it entered maximum overdrive!

"Oh yeah!? You nuisance!”

The supergravity iron ball hit a gravity cylinder as Sonic dodged out of the way. Both the gravity generators and the cylinder interfered with one another and caused a terrifying explosion.

The iron ball was stuck within the gravity cylinder and the Egg Graviton started getting crushed under the inverted gravitational pull. Shaking left to right, Eggman screamed like a lunatic.

“What is this “US” you’re talking about!? What is this nonsensical bond!? Such ideas sound like the ramblings of an imbecile who took a hit to the head. You have no idea how a super genius with an IQ of 300 even thinks!”

Pulling the iron ball out, the Egg Graviton swung three more times. Eggman kept cutting through debris while approaching Sonic.

“You’ve been going on about that for so long now. Time after time, it’s always the same! You should be at my feet due to my superior scientific power!”

In times of desperation, everybody has always worked together to allow the world to keep spinning peacefully.

“I’ll use my power to reclaim this world! I’ll show you the ultimate utopia with a new Eggman Land!”

The next slash he took with his device cracked yet another gravity cylinder…! This time, the hit was more direct and caused another huge explosion.

Eggman’s malicious spirit and his insane speech were cut off.

For a moment, Sonic felt a strange emptiness and listened closely to Eggman. He was a little impressed with the man’s self-confidence, but when Sonic let off a smile, he simply shrugged his shoulders and put his palms facing up and replied:

"Great … I guess you’re just a bit too genius for little ol’ me!“

In response to that, Eggman dropped the tone of his voice while attempting a deadly blow.

"Well, then allow me to finally get rid of you …”

The Egg Graviton had been crushed, but it already sucked many pieces of the ARK and became huge; with a diameter of over 20 meters. It had become the “Super Special Gravitational Capturing Strike Iron Ball, Egg Graviton: Final Form.”

This final attack, shots at a super accelerated pace with a new gravity railgun. It would be difficult even for Super Sonic to avoid it. Even if it missed, one could still be caught in a crushing vacuum of gravity.

"Haha, that’s a laugh. Why don’t you give it a try, Eggman!?“

Eggman looked at Sonic with his finger on the launch button. Sonic was no longer flying around as he leaned forward, emitting a golden power all over his body. Sonic glared at Eggman with an absolutely fearless smile.

"So, it’s a head-on fight now … Is that how you want it, Sonic?”

"You’re the one that’s hesitating… Is that how YOU want it, Eggman …“

For a moment, it felt like a cold breeze had blown between the two.

Then, Eggman pushed the button. A roar of gravity shouted out of the railgun with an ear-piercing sound.

"Farewell, you simple-minded hedgehog!!!!”

Meanwhile……

Surrounded by brilliant cheerfulness and awe, the Sol Empire Royal Castle sat. It was a world different from Sonic and the others.

The world’s treasure, the Sol Emeralds, began to quiver as if singing. They emitted seven colors of light.

When the guards noticed the anomaly, they looked up at their lord.

Princess Blaze the Cat, the guardian of the Sol Emeralds, held her hand over the singing Sol Emeralds and gave a sigh of relief as she returned to her throne.

She continued, as if to reassure her guards.

"It’s no problem. Don’t worry.“

Then, returning to her office, she squinted and muttered.

"I think I’m going to be hearing about an exceptional experience soon.”

As we return, the jet-black emptiness of space sat silent. As if sound and even time had disappeared.

Above Sonic, two mechanical egg-shaped pods floated.

"Naughty, naughty Eggman!!“

An golden arrow of light pierced the Egg Graviton as well as the Egg Mobile that carried Eggman. He stopped and looked back at the vague energy-silhouette of a hedgehog as he muttered.

"Y’know, I never thought of my simple-mindedness as a weakness.”

A big explosion occurred immediately afterwards. A huge amount of energy was released from the Egg Mobile and light shot out.

It could be seen from the ground on the planet.

"NOOOOOOOOO! Next time…. Next time will be different! I’ll never forgive you!”

Eggman suddenly escaped within an escape pod and disappeared from sight.

As if they knew Sonic’s fight was over, the Chaos Emeralds left his body and flew around the world.

Sonic returned to his original blue self. He didn’t panic or reach for the emeralds. He blinked slowly once as he saw them fly around the curvature of the planet. He smiled in satisfaction.

When will seven emeralds and one giant talking egg bring a new adventure to Sonic again…?

As he fell, Sonic looked to the ground below and saw that the battles had all subsided.

Very far from the edge of his sights, Sonic saw a long blue trail. It seemed that Metal Sonic had gone to recover Dr. Eggman. The rematch with him after his repairs were complete was probably not too far off.

As soon as Sonic felt that excitement, he sprawled his limbs outward and slowly closed his eyes as he fell towards the planet even more.

”… Well, I thought you could use a little help!“

It was Tails, who caught Sonic on the wings of the red biplane, the "Tornado.” It was once again outfitted with a jet booster.

“We seriously have the kind of relationship where you just knew to get up here without me saying anything, huh?”

“It was hard to get past all the destruction from your little spat in space! I’m glad I happened to modify the gravity cylinders to take care of all that debris.”

The Tornado went down in altitude, as the two heroes enjoyed their playful conversation.

Below their eyes was a beautiful, blue horizon.

One story is now over… and the world is calmly waiting for the blue hedgehog and many other heroes as they prepare for a fresh, new adventure.

2021 Calendar Checklist

• January: Sonic & Tails in the Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1)
  • February: Sonic & Knuckles in Angel Island Zone (Sonic 3&K)
  • March: Sonic & Amy in Twinkle Park (Sonic Adventure)
  • April: Sonic & Vector in Apotos/Windmill Isle (Sonic Unleashed)
  • May: Sonic & Cream/Cheese in Music Plant Zone (Sonic Advance 2)
  • June: Sonic & Metal Sonic in Speed Highway (Sonic Adventure)
  • July: Sonic & Shadow in Mission Street (Sonic Adventure 2)
  • August: Sonic & Rouge in Eggmanland (Sonic Unleashed) 
  • September: Sonic & the Wisps in Windy Valley (Sonic Adventure)
  • October: Sonic & Silver in Kingdom Valley (Sonic 2006)
  • November: Sonic & Blaze in Coral Cave Zone (Sonic Rush Adventure)
  • December: Super Sonic & Dr Eggman on the Space Colony ARK (Sonic Adventure 2)
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Yeah, it was easy to call Sonic and Eggman being the final one, though, him being in Super Sonic form surprised me. The clues leading up to it happening were probably all there too so that's nice.

Still a shame one of them was used for the Wisps in my opinion. I understand why but I still would have preferred Omega or Big. Probably would have made the Vector one have all three Chaotix members too. Seems like the one area you could break the one character rule.

Either way, these have all been great. It's nice to know that people who care about the series and writing good stories for them at least exist. We need only find a way to get them in the games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

We need only find a way to get them in the games. 

This person actually work on the game, and even supervise the comics. It's Eitaro Toyoda, who wrote 5 years ago the Sonic Channel comics, and who wrote the japanese script from Sonic Forces. We know that from this interview https://youtu.be/Yho2jIJ2-lk?t=1025

• Thumbs Up 2

So, this this the end of these cute story. They were pretty good, nice illustration of the characters, and it worked well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do they have printed copies of these channel calendar artworks?  If they do, I would love to own these!