Awoo.

Sonic Announcement CONFIRMED for The Game Awards (December 9th)

Wraith

Can I share my dream with you all?
If they are going to reveal trailer for the movie and Frontiers back to back, I WOULD MELT FROM JOY, if both Ben Schwartz and Roger Craig Smith would both come up on the stage to present it together 😭

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not actually expecting a "best Sonic game of all time" honestly, if only due to the structure of the game so far. It might be neat and do well yeah, but it feels distinctively "gimmick of the day" than an actual commitment to applying what makes Sonic work in an open world context. 

Having a good enough Sonic game fresh off the heels of the second movie is exactly what the series needs for it's own image though, and if the game is impressive in any way, then that's enough of a win in my eyes.

Going to wait to see what they do with the engine before I start hoping for any dream game ideas

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Another developer with a better track record could do this

It's really not okay when anyone does it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It's really not okay when anyone does it.

oh yeah for sure I agree it's a bad practice in general but I meant more that it's easier for a developer like Insomniac to get away with this type of thing because they have a better record of success

• Thumbs Up 3

Assumedly they drop the trailer after Blind Squirrel accepts the award for Game of the Year.

Part of me has this feeling that we're reading too much into this and that all they're going to announce there is something for a mobile game, or some merch, or an announcement of a future announcement of a future announcement.

1 minute ago, Gloved Animal said:

Assumedly they drop the trailer after accepting the award for Game of the Year.

Part of me has this feeling that we're reading too much into this and that all they're going to announce there is something for a mobile game, or some merch, or an announcement of a future announcement of a future announcement.

They could just do that in a Sonic Central, or better yet just announce it on Twitter. I'm sure it costs money to show a trailer at the game awards, so if they're using that as a platform, and hyping it up for us, I think it has to be something big.

• Thumbs Up 2

yeah... you don't waste a big opportunity like this just to announce shitty Sonic funko pops or something lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

The game awards usually has a lot of world premiers and teasers ever year. We usually learn some new stuff even if not all of it is good or interesting. I'd bet we'll learn something substantial on thursday.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's certainly going to be Sonic something. Well, well, well. The movie account hasn't said anything about it, so I doubt it's that. 

Revealing something substantial about the upcoming main series seems like something that'd be worth being at an event like this, compared to another port collection.

Haven't seen anyone bring up the possibility of it being Sonic Prime though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Razule said:

Haven't seen anyone bring up the possibility of it being Sonic Prime though. 

Too early. They just started production on the show and still hire animators. They won’t be able to show much, except concept arts, for awhile 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, phobs said:

Too early. They just started production on the show and still hire animators. They won’t be able to show much, except concept arts, for awhile 

Right, forgot about that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, phobs said:

I’m so excited!!! The logical part of me says that it is stupid to expect an update on Frontiers, Origins and Movie in one evening (if it happens, it won’t be The Game Awards but The Sonic Awards to me lol), but considering recent trade mark and the domain for Frontiers being registered, it being there just makes sense to me.

What are your all expectations/wants/hopes/dreams for the event?

Considering what we have, I'm expecting at least something related to Frontiers, maybe (and I hope) a bit of gameplay alongside the title-drop-trailer. Besides that, the timing is convenient for the first trailer for the movie sequel, and this is a good moment to premier it.

I'm hoping for both, but I'm also prepared to receive none.

This time i'm pretty sure we are getting something, but to be prepared is never a bad decision

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

So assuming Frontiers gets shown, what are you hoping to see from it?

Playable Tails, a decent "urban" section of the map similar to Station Square or Empire City, some nice map variety in general, and a good story/script in general. Hopefully, that isn't too much to ask for... especially as I think Sega's gonna be spending a lot of cash on this to compete with your Halo Infinites and Breath of the Wilds.

3 hours ago, Soniman said:

With the entire industry watching a not just some sonic fans this time they better bring their A-game. No BS no teasers just show a well put together trailer with game play that will excite and intrigue. Sega is at least capable of that even if the actual game blows 

It's a weird thought that Sonic will be front and center attention to the gaming public for maybe the first time since Generations? Maybe longer than that? Sonic has just kinda existed in a corner for Sonic/platformer fans to look at over the past several years, even including Mania.

Doing this means that if they fuck up, then the world is watching them again. All eyes on Sonic.

The pressure's on, and it'll take a toll. The only for Sega to break free is to brEAK THE MOLD. YOU CANT STOP NOW, LOCK AND LOAD. DONT STOP NOW COME ON ROCK AND ROLL

• Thumbs Up 4

The movie trailer seems like a no brainier at this point.

While I would love to see Frontiers, I can't see it leapfrogging Origins, so my money is still on another look at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh, Geoff saw our tweet about this and he’s responded:

Dunno if he’ll delete it, but here’s a photo just in case:

39496704-8547-4C93-BCC3-9A451EDCA7C4.jpeg

Something is definitely happening here.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Razule said:

Those better be some wicked funko pops.

Hell yeah, get ready for those E-104 Epsilon, Vanilla, and Alf Layla wa-Layla Funkos!!! They're finally going to give us what we deserve and pull all the stops!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Ooh, I'm getting dressed for this, baby.

Which one shoud I wear...

Untitled-1.jpg.dd0216185f9356d4e8d573f5b0eeca68.jpg

I'll be wearing my best jaded suit. 

• Thumbs Up 4

it's kinda funny that I started a thread a few days ago about what the best/worst Sonic reveal was, but if this all goes well then the new Sonic game at The Game Awards could honestly be the best reveal they've done in a loooong time

• Fist Bump 2

3 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

So uh, Geoff saw our tweet about this and he’s responded:

Fun fact; when Austin Powers says "yeah, baby! Yeah!" in the movie My Generation plays in the background...

SONIC GENERATIONS REMASTERED CONFIRMED ;)

I'll probably sleep through the awards...and then wake up to this beautiful mess as the fanbase goes into meltdown :D

Realistically I'm expecting a Sonic Movie 2 trailer, a trailer with the official name reveal of Frontiers along with a bit of story. Not expecting gameplay reveal-although fingers crossed for at least a snippet. Think they'll also give Origins a proper reveal with a bit of gameplay.

Hype Rises GIF - Hype Rises - Discover & Share GIFs

• Promotion 1

I feel like we're only getting the trailer for the movie. But there's a slim chance of Frontiers showing up since the official page has been registered this week. When is this thing happening anyways?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I feel like we're only getting the trailer for the movie. But there's a slim chance of Frontiers showing up since the official page has been registered this week. When is this thing happening anyways?

December 9th, 7 PM  US Central time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1