Awoo.

Sonic Announcement CONFIRMED for The Game Awards (December 9th)

Wraith

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

December 9th, 7 PM  US Central time.

The best you are. Thursday, then. Usually the day SEGA/Sonic reveals shit.

kronk-oh-yeah-its-all-coming-together.gi

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Jango said:

I feel like we're only getting the trailer for the movie. But there's a slim chance of Frontiers showing up since the official page has been registered this week. 

since we know Sonic will be there, I think there's three possible outcomes:

1. it's just the movie trailer and nothing else

2. it's the movie trailer and another CG teaser for Sonic Frontiers with a title reveal but no actual gameplay

3. movie trailer and full gameplay reveal for Sonic Frontiers

personally I would want option 3

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes :) :)    i feel like the original short trailer may appear again, but it will continue into gameplay!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Reposting from the movie thread. But more proof movie news is coming the same week. That would definitely be great brand synchronization if it came at TGA with Frontiers.

• Thumbs Up 3

Damn. They're really going at it this week. They're really gonna go for it and do a big thing for Sonic for the first time in like 8 years.

I'm honestly excited. I don't know if any of it is going to be any good, but their willingness is either down to confidence in the quality of their product or in the belief that the franchise is big now because of the movie (or both).

All I hope is that it doesn't just end up mediocre and blah. Either be good or be laughably bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine if the trailer for Sonic 2 starts with Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise playing, only to show that's actually Knuckles listening to it on the radio. Maximum troll level.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

48 minutes ago, Gloved Frontiers said:

Damn. They're really going at it this week. They're really gonna go for it and do a big thing for Sonic for the first time in like 8 years.

I'm honestly excited. I don't know if any of it is going to be any good, but their willingness is either down to confidence in the quality of their product or in the belief that the franchise is big now because of the movie (or both).

All I hope is that it doesn't just end up mediocre and blah. Either be good or be laughably bad.

It could be just the movie. There's no guarantee that Frontiers (or Origins, lol) will be present at the VGAs. The movie is practically confirmed at this point and seeing as it's a video game adaptation it still fits into the VGA sphere.

DGMW, I think that it seems pretty likely that Frontiers will be down too. But I don't want to call it as confirmed just yet. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the worst possible scenario you can expect is that they literally just reveal the title and a piece of art and that's it. Some art, a title and a blurb are more than enough for a teaser site.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah if it wasn't for the website listing I'd be more betting on the movie trailer (even if it releases before TGA I'll bet they show it there anyway) and a look at Origins in the preshow somewhere.

This time last week I'd have still put bets on the usual April-May window for Frontiers info but with that website listing I don't see them sitting around for another 4-5 months on it. 

For me I'd quite like something akin to this trailer for 06. Definitely leans more on CG stuff but gives us just enough gameplay snippits to get a feel for it and has that flair of action-y hype.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, PickleBrows said:

Yeah if it wasn't for the website listing I'd be more betting on the movie trailer (even if it releases before TGA I'll bet they show it there anyway) and a look at Origins in the preshow somewhere.

This time last week I'd have still put bets on the usual April-May window for Frontiers info but with that website listing I don't see them sitting around for another 4-5 months on it. 

For me I'd quite like something akin to this trailer for 06. Definitely leans more on CG stuff but gives us just enough gameplay snippits to get a feel for it and has that flair of action-y hype.

i agree but i can't get over the knockoff tobey maguire spider man theme in that trailer😂

• Thumbs Up 1

Over 90% chance of the movie trailer on that day, then. If it wasn't for the url, I wouldn't have still have some hope anything Frontiers-related was happening soon at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

just out of genuine curiosity, does anyone know when Colors Ultimate's url went up? was it just before it was officially announced or a long while before?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BubbleButt TV said:

just out of genuine curiosity, does anyone know when Colors Ultimate's url went up? was it just before it was officially announced or a long while before?

"soniclostworlds.com" was registered on May 16, 2013, and the first trailer released a couple weeks later on the 28th. Generations' domain was also registered a few days before it was revealed on April 7th. Those were games releasing 6 or so months after their reveal though. I'm not seeing any news about Colors Ultimate or Forces' urls or domains. 

Would like to point out now, we still have no idea when in 2022 it'll release. I wouldn't bet on this, but if the game were released earlier than usual, like summer, then releasing the first teaser in December would be a pretty reasonable thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I personaly think that the most likely thing to be in TGA is Frontiers, Origins would be too underwhelming and for the movie I would imagine they would want to reveal it in another way, but knowing me I am probably wrong and we are just going to see the movie and nothing else.

23 hours ago, BubbleButt TV said:

3. movie trailer and full gameplay reveal for Sonic Frontiers

personally I would want option 3

i am thinking about this again, and, really what format of game could have a more impressive and surprising gameplay reveal than an open world Sonic?? :) :) :)  i think there is a good enough chance of it being tomorrow!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they finally stopped beating around the bush

Not only are we getting a trailer, but also the ''next game''.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

One thing to point out is the way Geoff worded it makes it clear it'll be Frontiers, not an update on Origin, since he called it ''the next game'', instead of just naming it, if it were Origins, he'd just call it by it's title, but instead he kept it vague, since SEGA hasn't officially revealed the name of the game (Even though we all know it at this point), plus I don't think they'd do a second teaser that's just ''btw the game is called frontiers bye'', especially on the game awards where they KNOW everyone is watching. And if the site is actually ready as some people are speculating they must have something to show since SOMETHING needs to be in the official webpage.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

One thing to point out is the way Geoff worded it makes it clear it'll be Frontiers, not an update on Origin, since he called it ''the next game'', instead of just naming it, if it were Origins, he'd just call it by it's title, but instead he kept it vague, since SEGA hasn't officially revealed the name of the game (Even though we all know it at this point), plus I don't think they'd do a second teaser that's just ''btw the game is called frontiers bye'', especially on the game awards where they KNOW everyone is watching. And if the site is actually ready as some people are speculating they must have something to show since SOMETHING needs to be in the official webpage.

A picture of Sonic and the logo.

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

A picture of Sonic and the logo.

See I want to find this funny but I honestly cannot dispute this possibility and it worries me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't actually recall a time where sonic had 2 teasers in a row, usually the first showing is a CG trailer that shows a little, but the next showing is actually a gameplay , even if it's brief