Awoo.

Sonic Announcement CONFIRMED for The Game Awards (December 9th)

Wraith

I think I'm wearing the right socks for today :D

G9mpU4H.jpg

Still not sure about which suit, but I think I'm wearing the "Kinda of excited" one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Not to be a drag, but some dark part in me is worried that all of the leaks are wrong. Or they were right at the time but Sonic Team have since pivoted hard away from what they were describing. Game development can be fickle like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BadBehavior said:

Not to be a drag, but some dark part in me is worried that all of the leaks are wrong. Or they were right at the time but Sonic Team have since pivoted hard away from what they were describing. Game development can be fickle like that.

There's an interview where Iizuka comments on the game and they really seem to lend credence towards the leaks, assuming the translation was accurate, at least. He describes it as "different from Sonic Forces and Sonic Colors Ultimate," and as "moving away from the traditional action game scheme," and that's why it's taken longer to make than the "usual project," so I'm inclined to believe that if the leaks were legitimate, there hasn't been any significant pivot away from what it was when it was focus tested. 

I suppose we'll find out once and for all tonight, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can I just say how grateful I am for that leak? Seriously. That's the one thing that makes me curious and even a little excited about this reveal. The idea that they are doing something big and ambitious for the franchise again was the hook that drew me in. If not for that, I'd probably be dreading the prospect of another low-budget mediocre game.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Gloved Frontiers said:

Can I just say how grateful I am for that leak? Seriously. That's the one thing that makes me curious and even a little excited about this reveal. The idea that they are doing something big and ambitious for the franchise again was the hook that drew me in. If not for that, I'd probably be dreading the prospect of another low-budget mediocre game.

Also, if not for the leak, all we had to go on up until this point is a realistic looking forest, Sonic running, a not-boosting boost effect and some weird rune/glyph. Sonic is not the kind of franchise that can pull off cryptic teasers.

• Thumbs Up 2