Awoo.

Sonic Announcement CONFIRMED for The Game Awards (December 9th)

Wraith

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

Sonic Frontiers baby, let’s go.

Although honestly, I could have done without the cringe Keighley x Sonic chat on Twitter 💀 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

So how long do TGA ceremonies usually last? I want to know if it's worth watching live or if I'd just be wasting hours of my life hoping for a 2 minute trailer about the one thing I actually care about.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m so excited!!! The logical part of me says that it is stupid to expect an update on Frontiers, Origins and Movie in one evening (if it happens, it won’t be The Game Awards but The Sonic Awards to me lol), but considering recent trade mark and the domain for Frontiers being registered, it being there just makes sense to me.

What are your all expectations/wants/hopes/dreams for the event?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well Sega, whether it's Frontiers, Origins, or the movie sequel, I really hope ya got something worthwhile coming. Disappointing on your own news channels is one thing but doing it on a more widely viewed industry event is... well, nothing new to this series but I was sort of hoping that we could at least end this anniversary year without another headache.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 2

1 minute ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

So how long do TGA ceremonies usually last? I want to know if it's worth watching live or if I'd just be wasting hours of my life hoping for a 2 minute trailer about the one thing I actually care about.

TGA is basically Oscars for video games. It will last 2 hours at least lol. If you are not interested in watching the entire show, just make sure to turn on notifications for Sonic YouTube channel or twitter to see info as it releases

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

I watch it every year. It's usually bloated as all hell and not worth the investment. Just wait for the trailer to pop up. It shouldn't be too far into the show.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

So assuming Frontiers gets shown, what are you hoping to see from it?

A solid and fun looking game similar to Bowser's Fury, but bigger.

Probably not happening, but that's my hope.

And sonic's friends playable, even just as an extra and not canon to the story (that's even more impossible).

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I want to see how they changed Sonic's movement mechanics to adapt to the whole open world idea. If they don't do this well then the game is a nonstarter for me.

Hopefully we get more of a Lost World reveal than a Forces reveal.

• Thumbs Up 3

With the entire industry watching and not just some desperate sonic fans this time they better bring their A-game. No BS no teasers just show a well put together trailer with game play that will excite and intrigue. Sega is at least capable of that even if the actual game blows 

• Thumbs Up 7

My guess is that i's most likely just the premiere trailer of the second movie, i get the feeling Geoff wants to have both that and the Mario movie one in his show.

16 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

actual gameplay and not just an extended CG teaser with a name drop 

Sonic Team you do not have the clout to pull off a gameplay-less teaser. Another developer with a better track record could do this, but not you.

I want to see solid gameplay that shows off the scope of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn. Frontiers might actually be at the VGAs? This is actually kind of huge. I never expected this to actually happen. I don't trust SEGA one bit, but... If they're actually doing something with this much clout, they're certainly going to turn heads. Sonic's never been irrelevant, but the franchise hasn't been big news in a long time. This is exciting. Is SEGA actually confident, or just stupid? 

I hope there are no leaks. Like holy shit am I tired of leaks ruining everything. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

29 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Most people have already said it, but yeah, some actual gameplay and not just another CGI teaser with a title drop, please

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

A reveal trailer with a mix of CG and gameplay that gives us a good idea of what the game will be like while still giving us room to speculate

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Honestly, as much as I would absolutely love to see gameplay, I won't even be mad if we just got another cinematic teaser as long as it were at least in-game, so we can see what the game's actually gonna look like (hopefully this could be the game to finally surpass Unleashed graphically), confirmed that Frontiers is indeed open world, and along with that, gave us a good feel for the scope/scale of the game. I'll just be glad to finally have some concrete, confirmed, official information on this game, and to know that the marketing cycle has finally begun.

That said, of course I want to see gameplay. I don't even know what I really want from it, I just hope the game actually looks as ambitious as it sounds, and that whatever they decided to do with the open world gameplay, that it does look fun and inspired. Something that gets people talking about Sonic (aside from the movie) in an excited manner again.

• Thumbs Up 3

showing the movie trailer and following it up with a new game that actually looks good...

man that would be the perfect one-two combo that could really get the public hyped for Sonic again. Sonic needs this so much.

• Thumbs Up 5

If they play their cards right, TGA could end up being 1000 times better than Sonic Central. It could be huge W for the brand

I just hope that they will show not just the trailer for the second movie

• Thumbs Up 7

I dont mind if they just show the trailer for the movie... 

But if both Frontiers and the movie were there. Phew!

• Thumbs Up 1

2022 will be the biggest year Sonic has had in a long, long time. Origins will offer the best versions of the best games in the series. Prime and Movie 2 will capture new audiences for the series. Frontiers will finally, truly make Sonic work in 3D, and be the first truly great game in the series in over a quarter of a century. And all of that is going to start with a marketing blitz that forces people to take notice of just how goddamn good Sonic the Hedgehog is.

That's how this is all going to go, right? Right?

Spoiler

Please.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree obviously, they need to go all out with gameplay, all the way. We already had a teaser so a full look would be more than welcome.

My favorite thing would be, personally, a tie-in with the movie if it meant a bigger role in Frontiers for Tails and Knuckles, but I remain skeptical. 

I want to see the open world as a toy box, with traditional elements like classic moves and platforming stages, together with new moves (if the Spin Cycle is a thing which it probably is), new elements like a new set of enemies, new landscapes and new concepts and ideas in general. I want it to be overall a mix of new and still feel like Sonic at the core.

Okay... I'm setting my expectations too high now. I'm aware. Should I settle for a functional game?

• Thumbs Up 3