Awoo.

Colleen O’Shaughnessy is Officially Tails’ VO in Sonic 2 Movie

Red Hot Jack

She will voice Tails in the movie after all! At this point I need Roger and Mike to cameo somehow, I don't want just Colleen though.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm slightly torn on this. On the one hand, it is a little annoying that I was shafted being able to hear Roger Craig Smith as Sonic in his own movie, as he is one of my favorite Sonic VAs, and I was really enjoying the consistency of having the same voice actors across all of Sonic's multimedia appearances, but hearing a different take on the characters is always at least interesting, and now at the end of it all, I don't even get to hear what a new take on Tails in the Movie-verse might sound like, like we do with Sonic and Knuckles (who I actually am looking forward to hearing). 

On the other hand, I'm definitely happy for Colleen, and she is the best Tails voice, imo, so I guess there's no need to mess with perfection.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Enesephus said:

I'm slightly torn on this. On the one hand, it is a little annoying that I was shafted being able to hear Roger Craig Smith as Sonic in his own movie, as he is one of my favorite Sonic VAs, and I was really enjoying the consistency of having the same voice actors across all of Sonic's multimedia appearances, but hearing a different take on the characters is always at least interesting, and now at the end of it all, I don't even get to hear what a new take on Tails in the Movie-verse might sound like, like we do with Sonic and Knuckles (who I actually am looking forward to hearing). 

On the other hand, I'm definitely happy for Colleen, and she is the best Tails voice, imo, so I guess there's no need to mess with perfection.

So glad about this news though for Sonic they’d get someone who does work for voice work and now Ben’s sonic is my fave sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

Should have been Tom Holland ;)

I'm pleased for Colleen. Her Tails voice is good. Hopefully the sequel will have better writing than the recent games to help her do a really good portrayal in the movie.

• My Emmerdoods 1

YAAYY!!! This is exciting news! I'm glad that Colleen is returning to voice Tails, although I hope that Roger Craig Smith does get a cameo in this movie.

52 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

She will voice Tails in the movie after all! At this point I need Roger and Mike to cameo somehow, I don't want just Colleen though.

Yes! It's finally came true! So, glad she is finally coming back!

I repost this poster that I made again because Colleen is reprising her role.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well done to her! Amazing that she landed  big Hollywood gig. Also a smart cost saving measure when the studio are already paying out for Jim Carrey, Idris Elba, James Marsden etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually Tails being the one to keep the regular VO isn't too shocking to me. If there's one thing that Hollywood actually lacks, it's A-list kid actors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Paramount probably didn't do this out of the kindness of their heart. Probably was cheaper to have her. Especially when they already have Carrey, and Elba.

Still, congrats to Colleen, this is huge for her career.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Yay! Finally! We have the answer! I'm happy for Colleen. 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy to hear she is in the movie!

Anyway, I have been wondering how Sonic and Tails will interact. One obvious gag would be Sonic's confusion when Tails starts speaking in technobabble. "Uhh... could you repeat that in English, please?"

39 minutes ago, ehh123 said:

Anyway, I have been wondering how Sonic and Tails will interact. One obvious gag would be Sonic's confusion when Tails starts speaking in technobabble. "Uhh... could you repeat that in English, please?"

That would be so funny to see!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ehh123 said:

I think I'll instantly die in theaters from the psychic backlash of hearing that old joke again.

3 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I think I'll instantly die in theaters from the psychic backlash of hearing that old joke again.

It's a kids movie. We have to remember, the cliches we've heard will be their first time experiencing them.

Point being, expect a lot of cheap and cliche jokes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally was able to catch up with the news and I just wanted to say that I am incredibly happy for Colleen. She is an amazing actress and, although I previously suggested other actors for the role, I strongly believe that no one would be able to match Colleen's voice. Besides that with recent Mario casting situation, I'm really happy that Paramount decided to pick talented voice actor and not just a celebrity. I hope that Colleen's example will help to popularize hiring professional voice actors for big animated projects! I hope she will enjoy working with Ben Schwartz and Idris Elba

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

It's a kids movie. We have to remember, the cliches we've heard will be their first time experiencing them.

Point being, expect a lot of cheap and cliche jokes.

It being a kids movie shouldn't be an excuse for the writers to be lazy

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

As long as the main narrative is good, then the jokes being on the lazy side should be fine. The first movie was fine, even when everyone was complaining about the flossing and the fart joke.

Hell, my nephews thought the farting was funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Well, Pat and Josh, credited for story, got help writing the screenplay from John Wittington this time. His credits include the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies, two episodes of the Green Eggs and Ham cartoon, and that upcoming Super-Pets movie. I'm guessing he was there to punch up the dialogue and jokes.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ehh123 said:

On a similar note, Tails probably won't know a lot about all the Earth references Sonic throws out. The first movie showed us that Sonic is hyped up on movie references he learned from being on Earth (Speed, Fast and the Furious etc).

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

As long as the main narrative is good, then the jokes being on the lazy side should be fine. The first movie was fine, even when everyone was complaining about the flossing and the fart joke.

Hell, my nephews thought the farting was funny.

I honestly didn't have a problem with the fart joke. Now the flossing...that's another story...

10 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

On a similar note, Tails probably won't know a lot about all the Earth references Sonic throws out. The first movie showed us that Sonic is hyped up on movie references he learned from being on Earth (Speed, Fast and the Furious etc).

I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

They should definitely have a cute little montage of Sonic and Tails going around Green Hills, with Sonic showing Tails around and teaching him Earth's customs.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm glad that this has been confirmed, although, I'll admit that I wasn't that worried that it wasn't going to happen. 

I understood where everyone was coming from about the celebrity hunt thing but I guess I just figured they'd be consistent between movies. They've got their star power already.

I know the Mario Movie has almost nothing but high profile celebrity voices for every fucking character but that feels different. It feels more outwardly cynical because it's Illumination.  

The amount of characters in that film already feels like someone won the lottery and is just spewing money everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 4