Awoo.

Colleen O’Shaughnessy is Officially Tails’ VO in Sonic 2 Movie

Red Hot Jack

Massively relieved! Was genuinely worried they would find some top-dollar celebrity who has the famous name but a horribly ill-fitting voice for an 8 year old.

I know people are a little concerned with ‘we’re just going to get Game!Tails going ‘true dat’ aren’t we?’ but thw writing and voice direction is different here. I hope we get to hear more of Colleen’s range under a movie director :)

9 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Paramount probably didn't do this out of the kindness of their heart. Probably was cheaper to have her. Especially when they already have Carrey, and Elba.

Still, congrats to Colleen, this is huge for her career.

That's one cynical way of looking at it. Another is that the filmmakers fought for her to voice Tails. And we are only getting confirmation of her being officially casted for the voice role cause there were debates between them and the studio on whether they should recast or not until recently.

8 hours ago, Zoomzeta said:

That's one cynical way of looking at it. Another is that the filmmakers fought for her to voice Tails. And we are only getting confirmation of her being officially casted for the voice role cause there were debates between them and the studio on whether they should recast or not until recently.

I'm guessing they choose Idris Elba for Knuckles because he is a celebrity that has actual voice acting experience.

Very disappointed in this news. Chris Pratt was right there. I hope he's OK. 

18 hours ago, ehh123 said:

Happy to hear she is in the movie!

Anyway, I have been wondering how Sonic and Tails will interact. One obvious gag would be Sonic's confusion when Tails starts speaking in technobabble. "Uhh... could you repeat that in English, please?"

If this happens, I'll have to turn to the person sitting next to me and ask them to jam their straw into my eye. 

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

If this happens, I'll have to turn to the person sitting next to me and ask them to jam their straw into my eye. 

It the easiest joke to write in regards to a smart person ever and I don't think anyone even finds it funny. It's the slipping on a banana peel equivalent of that kind of comedy. So I absolutely expect it to be used.