Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

38 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I am surprised that Nickelodeon is hosting an NFL game. Is this something that Nickelodeon usually does?

Something they started last year. They simulcast one game every week or so and both the announcers and graphics cater to young children. Explaining the rules and overlapping the game with colorful graphics and slime explosions. Less stats and more "what is the QBs favorite ice cream flavor".

Gotta get those kids interested in football.

11 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I am surprised that Nickelodeon is hosting an NFL game. Is this something that Nickelodeon usually does?

Viacom has a stake in some NFL games I believe, and sometimes Nick gets in on the action.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Happy birthday to Jim Carrey! He just become 60 today.:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ben hinted that the sequel will be more fun and epic than the previous one

I hope so. First movie was great, but the action was quite the letdown.

Especially given that Moritz is behind F&F, whose last major stunt prior to Sanic was this:

So... yeah. More action, pls.

16 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

I hope so. First movie was great, but the action was quite the letdown.

Especially given that Moritz is behind F&F, whose last major stunt prior to Sanic was this:

So... yeah. More action, pls.

Yea, I think there wasn't that much action in the previous one probably because of the budget is low. Also, I'm surprised they destroyed an newer Toyota Tacoma in the previous one despite the budget for the previous one is low. Usually, they will probably destroyed an older one. The truck that they used for the movie is probably likely an used one.

ESD8unEU0AEm1vZ.jpg

BTW, the small scene of Sonic reading an Toyota Owner's Manual is my favorite part of the movie.:

EhNX8P8XkAAe5AF?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 1

Last month, the Bullet Train movie had its release date pushed to July 2022. So, this made the sequel to have one less competitor to deal with. I did brought this movie up a while ago.

https://screenrant.com/bullet-train-movie-release-date-delay-july-2022/

The article briefly mentioned the Sonic movie sequel.:

According to Deadline, Sony has now announced that it has decided to move the release of Bullet Train by three months, putting it in theaters by July 15, 2022 instead of its initial April 8 premiere date. The film now avoids an opening weekend competitor in Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog 2, expected to attract a large audience turnout of its own. Bullet Train will be moved to a weekend where there are no other major studio films scheduled to be released, and booked on premium large format screens.

Also, the Bullet Train movie is being directed by David Leitch who directed Deadpool 2 and Hobbs and Shaw. Tim Miller previously directed Deadpool. He was supposed to directed the sequel, but left due to creative differences. Idris Elba was in Hobbs and Shaw. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ben hinted that the sequel will be more fun and epic than the previous one.

Glad to see that the sequel will be more action packed than the first movie.  I bet it will be one of the best action films released this year!

• Thumbs Up 1

I like to look at the production crew for upcoming films. While we do have some people returning like the director, writers, a few producers, composer, costume designer, and Tyson Hesse, who not only designed the Sonic characters but is also now the storyboard supervisor, there are few replacements and additions (like Hesse's previous mentioned storyboard supervisor role) from the original film.

For Production Designer, we have Luke Freebornexternal_link.gif. As you can tell by his website, he has done art department work for years. However, his first role as Production Designer on a major movie was the live action segments of Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water.

For Cinematographer, we have Brandon Trost. His resume as Director of Photography includes Crank: High Voltage, the second Ghost Rider film, a few Seth Rogen and James Franco films like This is the End, both Neighbors films, The Interview and The Disaster Artist... and the film adaptation of Dear Evan Hansen, though his work wasn't sighted as one of the bad things. He also directed that Seth Rogen vehicle An American Pickle.

For Editor, we have Jim May. Not often we only have one editor on these kind of films, so I tried to find films where he was solo editing. I got the 2007 Hitcher remake, Non-Stop, Goosebumps, and Bloodshot. He also edited the first Chronicles of Narnia film, both GI Joe Films, The A-Team, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, and Little Monster (the zombie Horror Comedy starring Lupita Nyong'o) with other people.

While Pat Casey & Josh Miller return to writing duties and came up with the story, they got help with the screenplay by John Wittington. He co-wrote the Lego Batman and Ninjago movie (both have a ton of writing credits), some time travel romantic comedy film called When We First Met, and the "Car" and "Goat" episodes of Green Eggs and Ham. I'm guessing he was brought in to punch up the screenplay (at least 33% of it if he is being credited) since Casey & Miller have the ampersand from working together while Wittington just has "and".

• Thumbs Up 2

It's really funny that the movie wasn't liked by everybody when the previous movie was in development since 2014 at first. Now, the movie liked by everybody. It was first in development with Sony, but now it got moved to Paramount. I really glad that the movie is now liked by everybody and it is a success. I did actually follow the development of the movie since it was officially announced. Marza was involved in the movie since it was announced. Jeff Fowler and Tim Miller were announced to be involved working on the movie in 2016. I was interested on how it goes.

The old writer who used to work on the movie did give some information about the movie like these. He was really happy when the movie moved to Paramount.:

Also, he did talk with one of the writers Patrick Casey. Pretty nice to see he did interacted with him.:

Spoiler

We didn't heard that many news about the movie until 2018. The movie was planned to be filmed in Atlanta and Paul Rudd was going to play as Tom. There were several actors besides him that were going to play him. However, filming moved to Vancouver and James Marsden was casted as Tom. I think the reason why filming moved to Vancouver because it was cheaper to film there than in Atlanta. Also, Atlanta is a very popular place for filming movies like Spider Man: No Way Home.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, Atlanta is a very popular place for filming movies like Spider Man: No Way Home.

So is Vancouver, and it has been for a longer time.

Still, good thing Green Hills in set in Montana (although test footage had it set in South Dakota) because the state and Vancouver are both in the Northwest and have similar climates.

Speaking of the Northwest, I think the reason Sonic decides to try out being a superhero in Seattle is because it is the closest big city to Montana. Well, that and Salt Lake City but maybe he doesn't feel comfortable around Mormons. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ehh123 said:

So is Vancouver, and it has been for a longer time.

Still, good thing Green Hills in set in Montana (although test footage had it set in South Dakota) because the state and Vancouver are both in the Northwest and have similar climates.

Speaking of the Northwest, I think the reason Sonic decides to try out being a superhero in Seattle is because it is the closest big city to Montana. Well, that and Salt Lake City but maybe he doesn't feel comfortable around Mormons. :P

Yeah, correct. Vancouver is also an popular place to film. I know a lot of movies and TV shows had been filmed there.  The Sonic movie sequel was mostly filmed in the Vancouver area and they did filmed a little bit in Hawaii.

Also, yes, I did watched the test footage. It was filmed in Utah. Despite, the footage was filmed. It was never released publicly. According to the person who posted this video in 2017, the area where they filmed is near Dugway Utah to be exact, on Skull Valley road.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN is taking video questions on Sonic 2 to be featured for a special show. Seems like they're interviewing the cast.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know this is old. Here is the GUN soldier seen from the trailer. It's been a while since the GUN soldiers' last appearance was in Sonic 06.  It's nice to see that they are not just putting stuff from the classic games, but also stuff from the modern games.:

• Thumbs Up 2

The Sonic movie Twitter had people did character impressions for this week's fan friday.:

They ask people what they should do for this week's fan friday. More people choose character impressions.:

• Thumbs Up 1

In the original film, the only one who had advanced technology was Robotnik. Everything else was just typical military gear. In the sequel, suddenly GUN now exists, complete with firearms that look straight out of a Science Fiction movie.

Also, I can understand the guy who played Walters coming back but I'm surprised brought back the woman who played the Secretary of Homeland Security since she only had like one to two lines in the Pentagon meeting.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, ehh123 said:

In the original film, the only one who had advanced technology was Robotnik. Everything else was just typical military gear. In the sequel, suddenly GUN now exists, complete with firearms that look straight out of a Science Fiction movie.

Also, I can understand the guy who played Walters coming back but I'm surprised brought back the woman who played the Secretary of Homeland Security since she only had like one to two lines in the Pentagon meeting.

You could probably handwave this as Robotnik leaving behind tech for the military to analyze. Which is something Sonic X used as a plot point.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

You could probably handwave this as Robotnik leaving behind tech for the military to analyze. Which is something Sonic X used as a plot point.

The thought did cross my mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Tails render revealed. Looks like The Laughing Cow will do promotions for the movie in Spain. I do hear of this company before and it is a cheese company from France. They do sell their cheese here in the US.:

• Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

New Tails render revealed. Looks like The Laughing Cow will do promotions for the movie in Spain. I do hear of this company before and it is a cheese company from France. They do sell their cheese here in the US.:

He looks fantastic! Wonder what promos we'll get here?

Spoiler

A tie-in game from Platinum due out this Christmas isn't too much to ask for, right? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? /s

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

He looks fantastic! Wonder what promos we'll get here?

Reveal hidden contents

A tie-in game from Platinum due out this Christmas isn't too much to ask for, right? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? /s

Pretty unlikely we will get a tie-in game. They have Frontiers ready for the holidays. I think the closest we will ever get to that is the Movie characters in the Sonic Dash games.

Also, I just found these. It's seem that the promotions are ready to be out soon!:

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails looks pretty cool here!  I wonder when they will start the promotions in America?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Tails looks pretty cool here!  I wonder when they will start the promotions in America?

Probably some minor promos in February and then a huge splurge in March. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Pretty unlikely we will get a tie-in game. They have Frontiers ready for the holidays.

...maybe after that? Like, Q1 2023? 

Spoiler

Pleeeeeeease? Frontiers looks BORING! half /s