Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

With the Super Bowl and the 2nd anniversary of the Sonic movie coming up, I bet they will promote the movie during that time by probably showing some TV spots.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

With the Super Bowl and the 2nd anniversary of the Sonic movie coming up, I bet they will promote the movie during that time by probably showing some TV spots.

I wonder if they will show the second trailer to the movie sequel during Super Bowl this year?

9 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

...maybe after that? Like, Q1 2023? 

Hide contents

Pleeeeeeease? Frontiers looks BORING! half /s

Frontiers could be described with a lot of words, but I don't think "boring" is one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw this first Movie and it was about some ugly son of a bitch that likes making american pop culture references get fathered by a D list celebrity 

• My Emmerdoods 1

19 minutes ago, Endy said:

I saw this first Movie and it was about some ugly son of a bitch that likes making american pop culture references get fathered by a D list celebrity 

Hey now, that's unfair... James Marsden is more of a C lister, maybe even B.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Frontiers could be described with a lot of words, but I don't think "boring" is one of them.

Ya sure? I dunno, man... I was never a huge fan of BOTW, and that's clearly what Sega is basing this on.

An famous Sonic YouTuber had that Sonic Laughing Cow box thing that was shown yesterday. However, it is in Spanish.:

Anyway, this is unrelated. I hear The Rock is doing another video game movie. I wonder what video game movie he could be doing?:

He did commented something nice about the Sonic movie a few years ago.:

Fowler made an joke about getting him to make an cameo in the movie.

He previously work on these two.:

Spoiler

6cad81b7-a654-4f33-a162-f6575a366833_1.ecbadacab3ea5e5185d39d3ed6d12031.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF

71k9IPYsYtL._AC_SY679_.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe I missed the announcement but I see in the UK release date for Sonic 2 (on the Cineworld website specifically) is now April 1st. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? (Gotta make sure I book the right day off work.)

(Harry Potter prequel number 3 is out in the UK on April 8th so maybe they wanted to avoid the clash...?)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sega Shop Europe Twitter just posted this and removed it because it was probably a bit too early to post it. They will post it again later. Also, excuse the small video screen on the 1st picture. This is not my screenshot, but someone else. Lol.

FKCWnz2UUAMF2jX?format=jpg&name=large

FKCYNK2WYAIi1sR?format=jpg&name=medium

The 2nd Sonic pose seen in the 2nd picture seem to be based on this Sonic render from Sonic 06. Pretty cool!

Spoiler

FKCYMPpXwAI9FGP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Thumbs Up 4

Those are really nice shirts. And I gotta give them props for the 2D Movie Tails, and making him look distinct from standard Tails, since they aren't so vastly different as movie Sonic is to regular Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Movie Sonic is growing on me more than regular ass Modern Sonic TBH. Save the Sonic Channel artworks, Modern Sonic's renders are so lifeless nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is a better look of the shirts. The shirts are actually currently not available because the links are pulled. They deleted these for now. They will post these later.:

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I like Movie Sonic, I still think Modern Sonic is cool. I like both versions.

Also, I found some cute artwork of Movie Knuckles.: Also, I like artwork of Knuckles throwing Raphael from TMNT to the water.  It would be cool if we will see some similar scenes of Knuckles doing some stuff like these.:

Also, unrelated, Mortal Kombat is getting a sequel. Also, it's funny this got announced right after The Rock just announced that he is working on another video game movie. The actor who played Agent Stone really like the movie. Pretty nice he did say something nice about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apologies for posting too many times. I just discovered this. Apparently, Paramount delayed some of their upcoming movies. 

This shouldn't be a surprise. It was delayed because of Covid. I think Sonic 2 will still keep its release date despite the other movies are delayed. The trailer is already out and TV spots are out. Companies are getting ready to promote the movie. So many people are looking forward to seeing this movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Apologies for posting too many times. I just discovered this. Apparently, Paramount delayed some of their upcoming movies. 

This shouldn't be a surprise. It was delayed because of Covid. I think Sonic 2 will still keep its release date despite the other movies are delayed. The trailer is already out and TV spots are out. Companies are getting ready to promote the movie. So many people are looking forward to seeing this movie.

I was about to ask if the Sonic movie was going to be delayed also.  They didn't delay Scream 5 and I guess, like you stated, they probably are not going to delay Sonic because they already have the merchandise up and ready now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 2 is currently their 7th most viewed trailer on their youtube channel, with Sonic 1's trailer at #1. They clearly have confidence in this movie, and at this point changing the date would be far too risky.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Sonic 2 is currently their 7th most viewed trailer on their youtube channel, with Sonic 1's trailer at #1. They clearly have confidence in this movie, and at this point changing the date would be far too risky.

I agree.  At this point, I don't see them changing up the dates any time soon, unless a Marvel or Disney film happened to air on the same day as the movie (which I really hope that doesn't happen).

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I think Sonic 2 is going to be fine. If No Way Home can do well despite Covid concerns, then Sonic 2 can. 

Here are all the current movies that are releasing in theaters on April.:

Friday, April 1, 2022

Easter Sunday - Rating TBD - Jimmy O. Yang, Tiffany Haddish

Morbius - Rated PG-13 - Jared Leto, Adria Arjona

Friday, April 8, 2022

Ambulance - Rated R - Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Rated TBD - Ben Schwartz, James Marsden

Friday, April 15, 2022

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore - Rating TBD - Eddie Redmayne, Jude Law

Friday, April 22, 2022

The Bad Guys - Rating TBD - Awkwafina, Craig Robinson

The Northman - Rating TBD - Anya Taylor-Joy, Alexander Skarsgård

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - Rating TBD - Nicolas Cage, Pedro Pascal

Friday, April 29, 2022

65 - Rating TBD - Ariana Greenblatt, Adam Driver

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

It's look like they go back to the fan art for this week's fan friday. This one is about Tails:

All of these photos look so cute!!

Although, this have nothing to do with Sonic, however, it would be cool to see Sonic there with Master Chief in it since the Sonic movie franchise and the Halo TV show are owned by ViacomCBS. Lol.

In case, you didn't know there is actually an new TV show based on Halo. It's set to come out on March which is a month before Sonic 2 is out.

Given how the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter account pinned this tweet, it's probably going to be a while before we will see what they are teasing for the movie. Hopefully, it's soon. I think it's safe to say that they are finally going to promote something about Sonic. Can't believe they waited this long to make this happen. I guess the movie success probably convinced them to finally do it. So, they probably decided to do this.:

FIhHKiCUYAAvnvX?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 2

We got these cool Chinese new years posters with our first standalone render of Knuckles. It's really good. Honestly, this render is incredible.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

We got these cool Chinese new years posters with our first standalone render of Knuckles. It's really good. Honestly, this render is incredible.

These look so amazing!!! I especially love that Knuckles render!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are some Lunar New Year greeting animations.:

Knuckles look very cool!.:

Also, I wonder if we will be getting anything new from this event?:

I noticed they tweak Sonic's eyes a bit in that picture.:

Spoiler

FKhR6-cXwAM8KGt?format=jpg&name=large

FKhkoSsXEAUZmkU?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Thumbs Up 3