Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

The film probably still has some gas left in the tank with younger audiences and families, Fowler even confirmed its theatrical run will last for another few weeks. It will likely go past $340m worldwide when all is said and done. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/2/2022 at 2:17 AM, MGA_Gamer said:

I know, But they did correctly predict that a live-action series would be produced for Paramount+!

Sonic The Hedgehog Spinoff Series Happening, Our Scoop Confirmed (giantfreakinrobot.com)

I understand it probably won't happen, and I will wait until we get official confirmation, but I REALLY want this movie to happen, if only to give my favourite character some more time in the limelight!

Yeah, I would love to see a Tails movie. So, I guess we will see.

• Thumbs Up 2

New concept art posted by Jeff Fowler. Some of these like Eggman's outfit and the fighter jets didn't made it to the movie.:

Also, noticed the boards that Sonic and Knuckles are using in the 2nd picture are the ones seen from the action figures.:

7137821-1024x1024.jpg

7137828-1024x1024.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So, there was a version of Stars in the Sky with a very famous singer named Lil Nas X.:

His part was cut probably likely due because it was too long? Not sure why.

• Nice Smile 1

Found some more storyboards for the 1st movie, compiled them into a video:

It's an extended version of the "Welcome to Green Hills" portion.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/7/2022 at 5:27 AM, CaptainRobo said:

So, there was a version of Stars in the Sky with a very famous singer named Lil Nas X.:

His part was cut probably likely due because it was too long? Not sure why.

Oh man it's a shame this version went unused because I kind of prefer it? Not that I don't love the version that was released. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, AstroSeedP said:

Found some more storyboards for the 1st movie, compiled them into a video:

It's an extended version of the "Welcome to Green Hills" portion.

IMG_1172.png

I live in Spain without the s.

• My Emmerdoods 3

Starting to see some clean decent quality direct feed footage of the movie pop up on YouTube this last week or so (as opposed to clips being filmed in-cinema with a phone) which seems strange this early, has it become available to watch at home anywhere?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

Starting to see some clean decent quality direct feed footage of the movie pop up on YouTube this last week or so (as opposed to clips being filmed in-cinema with a phone) which seems strange this early, has it become available to watch at home anywhere?

No dates yet. Late May (25th) is the earliest speculated.

Edit: Reportedly the digital version has turned up early in South Korea, which might explain it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

42 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

No dates yet. Late May (25th) is the earliest speculated.

Paramount pushes these movies to streaming after 45 days in the box office.

Should be either the 24 or 25.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, MGA_Gamer said:

Well, if Rumours are to be believed, Tails will get his time to shine... IN HIS OWN MOVIE!:

SOURCE: Exclusive: Tails Solo Movie In Development (giantfreakinrobot.com)

Ehhh... I dunno. Would love that, but A. it's too early when not even the Knuckles show is out yet, B. GFR regularly makes shit up on the fly, and C. it'd probably be a spinoff for little kids instead of the epic you and I both want. 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

Ehhh... I dunno. Would love that, but A. it's too early when not even the Knuckles show is out yet, B. GFR regularly makes shit up on the fly, and C. it'd probably be a spinoff for little kids instead of the epic you and I both want. 😕

Well. GFR did predict that a Live-Action Sonic show would be made, and producer Toby Ascher has said that the plan is to create a "Sonic Cinematic Universe". SOURCE: ‘We’re creating a Sonic cinematic universe’, says movie producer | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Still, Its best to treat it as nothing more than a rumour for now, but you know what they say, there's no smoke without fire.

BTW: I don't necessarily care if its for little kids. I'll still watch it regardless!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Anyone think Rouge might show up in the Knuckles show?

Spoiler

Maybe, if she doesn't she will surely show up in 3 anyway. It's being teased by the writers on an interview. It's gonna be 2 characters imo, Shadow and Rouge. Amy is just too much to ask for I guess, I love her but she makes the movie too crowded and is not an essential part for now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Does anyone else feel like this outfit was really familiar?

image.png.482959ba3fc7cfcef2d218bfe4485740.png

Something about it is so familiar to me for some reason I thought it was a reference to something, but I can't place what. First place my mind went to was a disguise I remember Sonic using in Sonic the Comic. But digging through old StC issues to find this:

image.jpeg.a337dd9fe8ee11d5227d01d85203fe42.jpeg

I realised there's a very loose similarity, but so little I don't think it's a refence. That visual for the film still seems familiar to me though, anyone else feel the same and or know what it's actually a reference to if it is?

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, ZERO_ninja said:

Does anyone else feel like this outfit was really familiar?

image.png.482959ba3fc7cfcef2d218bfe4485740.png

Something about it is so familiar to me for some reason I thought it was a reference to something, but I can't place what. First place my mind went to was a disguise I remember Sonic using in Sonic the Comic. But digging through old StC issues to find this:

image.jpeg.a337dd9fe8ee11d5227d01d85203fe42.jpeg

I realised there's a very loose similarity, but so little I don't think it's a refence. That visual for the film still seems familiar to me though, anyone else feel the same and or know what it's actually a reference to if it is?

I never thought about Sonic's snow costume resembling Mr. Beaky's costume in the Fleetway comics!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

You're fucking kidding me? How desperate for views can you be.

Well. I mean he starts drama just for clicks and out of boredom. This is on brand.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, uh, Chip and Dale reviews are coming in, and-

image.png.3a64214141f82e2e33c28c57825fc3d2.png

I think I'm just gonna go have a nervous breakdown. Even after the success, we must be reminded of the failure.

For context...this is referring to Old Sonic.

Yes, THAT Old Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

On 5/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

You're fucking kidding me? How desperate for views can you be.

Nah this if funny. IDC if people here like him or not, I'd do the same thing lol.

6 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I think I'm just gonna go have a nervous breakdown. Even after the success, we must be reminded of the failure.

Yes, THAT Old Sonic.

I think the movies are in a good enough position that we can have a little fun with it.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Yes, THAT Old Sonic.

"Guess who's back
Back again
Manhog's back
Tell a friend"

😆

• Thumbs Up 2

es un poco dudoso lo que dise ben sobre sonic 3 por muchas  razones primero que jim no se si sabe si regresa a sonic 3 segundo el propio jeff fowler tampoco sabe si dirigira esta tercera entregra y tercero aun no se escribio el guion o alguna señal por parte de pat casey que ya esta escribiendo el guion

• My Emmerdoods 1

I was today years old when I found out Jim Carrey's favorite color is actually green! Always assumed these were just a weird series of coincidences lol.

896596.PNG.53a35ccb9e66b7132770f8f5c99ef215.PNG

4 of the 5 happen to use "the" in their names too!

(The Mask, The Riddler, The Grinch, The Eggman)

• Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, Austroid said:

I was today years old when I found out Jim Carrey's favorite color is actually green! Always assumed these were just a weird series of coincidences lol.

896596.PNG.53a35ccb9e66b7132770f8f5c99ef215.PNG

4 of the 5 happen to use "the" in their names too!

(The Mask, The Riddler, The Grinch, The Eggman)

That must be the case!  I just now noticed that Jim Carrey played a lot of characters that have green colors!  And look, Dr. Robotnik eventually went green!