Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

It's look like the movie will come out on digital and Paramount Plus tomorrow.:

There will be a short movie called Sonic Drone Home. Here is the full clip.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Cute animation but that replacement they got for Knuckles’ voice is pretty bad lol

Knuckles being not very smart in this short is gonna cause a three day complaint cycle on Twitter.

For real though, I don't mind it, nor the voices, and the short overall is pretty neat.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Cute animation but that replacement they got for Knuckles’ voice is pretty bad lol

Also, I heard Tails was also replaced by a different actor in the short movie. I wonder why they weren't voiced by them? Maybe they have other things to do when that short movie was created.:

Also, this might be what that upcoming Knuckles TV show could look like.:

Oh, also, the short movie is written by the same writers who did the two movies.:

Also, here is a deleted scene.:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m sure the different Tails VA would sound a lot better without so many ‘Whoa! Oh! Whoa-ho!’ in quick succession XD I’m gonna reserve judgement until I’ve seen the whole thing with hopefully more dialogue lines in it. Knuckles doesn’t sound too bad at all actually?

But the animation itself? And the extra content at all? Totally unexpected and I love it. 

Also, they seem to used the scrapped Burger Princess statue from the first movie.:

Also, the release date for the Blu-Ray release date is confirmed.:
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

It's look like the movie will come out on digital and Paramount Plus tomorrow.:

There will be a short movie called Sonic Drone Home. Here is the full clip.:

I'm interested in checking this short out.  So, is this short is just something for fun or does it tie into the films in some way?

2.5 months from digital to blu-ray? That feels like a longer than normal time. I’m patient for it, but wow.

Damn, the animation and character models keeping getting better or is it just my eyes?

The short really does look so cute. Also as much as I did like Sonic 1, I really am so happy now that Sonic 2 has taken us to a point where Sonic on film really does reflect parts the games for me with the Sonic, Tails and Knuckles friendship.

10 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

The short really does look so cute. Also as much as I did like Sonic 1, I really am so happy now that Sonic 2 has taken us to a point where Sonic on film really does reflect parts the games for me with the Sonic, Tails and Knuckles friendship.

I can't wait to see how their relationship develops in this short!

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Jango said:

Damn, the animation and character models keeping getting better or is it just my eyes?

I was thinking the same thing. They look super crisp here.

I can only assume that its because I'm watching source code on a nice HD computer screen, rather than made-for-cinema movie footage, but dang if my first impression of the character models wasn't those look better than the movie.

Boy, in that clip of the short, Knuckles literally did a Leroy Jenkins when the crew were about to make a plan, huh?

• Thumbs Up 2

When is Sonic movie 2 going to be released on Sky Store in the UK? It's still saying preorder. 

In one of the deleted scenes, the director appear as a news anchor. Pretty nice and cool! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is the best place to purchase digitally? I'm noticing some digital purchases don't include the bonuses.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 4:04 AM, Austroid said:

So many new avatar options lol.

857376.PNG.f0e54cade0458fda91afbd381b5aa95e.PNG

Where on earth did those come from???

• My Emmerdoods 1

On 6/6/2022 at 4:04 AM, Austroid said:

So many new avatar options lol.

857376.PNG.f0e54cade0458fda91afbd381b5aa95e.PNG

The top middle is the closest we'll get to live action Aosth robotnik. 😆😆😆

• Promotion 1

So the worldwide box office gross is about to cross $400m! Seems quite likely it will surpass Uncharted's worldwide gross too when all is said and done. This is without the Japan or China releases too, which is quite impressive given Uncharted has opened in those regions already. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Willsy said:

So the worldwide box office gross is about to cross $400m! Seems quite likely it will surpass Uncharted's worldwide gross too when all is said and done. This is without the Japan or China releases too, which is quite impressive given Uncharted has opened in those regions already. 

I wonder if this movie will cross over $500 million at the box office?  It still has one more month to go before it gets released on DVD and Blu Ray in August and it still needs to air in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1