Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Having Shadow on board helps a ton. Getting a quality high profile voice actor would help even more. If Jim is out as Eggman, you can pretty easily slide his budget over to finding some A-Lister to VA for Shadow without even thinking about it.

He still needs to leave a strong first impression in trailers tho. Knuckles accomplished that, his debut "you think I need your power" was spectacular. but they may need to have a scene that can top even that reveal for Shadz.

Also, Sega can help quite a bit. Drop Frontiers 2 close the movie date to synergize hype. (especially if the game is good)

I do wonder who would voice Shadow?   A lot of people seem to want either Robert Pattinson or Keanu Reeves to voice the character.  But, I don't know if Paramount has the budget for that (although, they did manage to get Idris Elba to voice Knuckles, so I guess anything is possible at this point). 

That's where the Mario move helps.  The better that sells, the less risk there is in investing in other video game movies. 

Doubly so considering the Sonic movie is already battle tested and shown to be a good investment for paramount. They won't hesitate to throw a little more cash around. 

9 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That's where the Mario move helps.  The better that sells, the less risk there is in investing in other video game movies. 

Doubly so considering the Sonic movie is already battle tested and shown to be a good investment for paramount. They won't hesitate to throw a little more cash around. 

Especially since they are going to release the third movie around the same time as the third Avatar movie.  Paramount must have a lot of faith in the Sonic movie franchise.