Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

You know, there is a fast food chain that is known for chili dogs that I could see doing a promotion for the sequel. It's called Wienerschnitzel.   It's a regional fast food chain like Jack in the Box which was the fast food partner for the Sonic movie. It's called Wienerschnitzel. You know, I feel like the reason why Paramount didn't choose Sonic Drive-In as their fast food partner for the movie because I think they did try to appoach them, but the company, Sonic turn it down. They probably didn't want anything to do with the movie. So, if they can't get Sonic Drive-In to marketing for the sequel, why not Wienerschnitzel? It's another way of making that chili dog promotion for the sequel to happen. they serve Sonic's favorite food. I could see a scene of Sonic and Tails eating at one in the sequel.:

Spoiler

big-angus-beef-dog-and-original-dog2.pnghotdog_chilli-dog-main.jpg

6c5acd07c72181f1010d73755eff9ebe.jpg

0c6f39b65dfccf46a2aa3d011da27078.jpg

wiener.jpg

pinched.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, guys, it's look like the sequel got a release date.:

I know somebody post this on the other movie thread, but nobody post this here yet, so I decided to post it for you guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

The date might change but I’m happy they have a timeframe in mind.

Hopefully the virus improves by the time they need to shoot it.

Maybe they’ve been currently working on the early stages. We know cgi put in afterwards.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm really excited for this!  I hope that the virus will go down by 2022.  I'm actually glad that the sequel will be released in 2022 and not in 2021 since that would give the crew more time to develop the characters and the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

The date might change but I’m happy they have a timeframe in mind.

Hopefully the virus improves by the time they need to shoot it.

Maybe they’ve been currently working on the early stages. We know cgi put in afterwards.

Yeah usually the early parts of the production would be coming up with a story, script, storyboard, and what not.  The filming isn't towards the end for many films. 

But the initial parts of the film would be easily doable from home. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic: Act 2

This is the only acceptable title 

• Thumbs Up 2

In all seriousness, I'm actually feeling quite optimistic about the sequel.

If Jeff Fowler and company succeed in creating a solid cinematic universe, I dare to say that we'll see the beginning of an entire new golden era for the Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, CommodoreGX said:

In all seriousness, I'm actually feeling quite optimistic about the sequel.

If Jeff Fowler and company succeed in creating a solid cinematic universe, I dare to say that we'll see the beginning of an entire new golden era for the Sonic franchise.

I also feel optimistic about the sequel.  I have a feeling that they will have more freedom to do what they want with the story in the sequel now that the first movie proved to be a big hit.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just hope the pandemic will be over by next year, so the cast and the crew will be able to filmed their scenes. The movie will probably likely to be filmed in Vancouver like the first one.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I also feel optimistic about the sequel.  I have a feeling that they will have more freedom to do what they want with the story in the sequel now that the first movie proved to be a big hit.

Sonic 1 ran so Sonic 2 could leap

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic 1 ran so Sonic 2 could leap

I really hope so!

17 minutes ago, SonicBoomX said:

^ Yeah, hope the pandemic will be finally over by December, January, February or March. By the way is fall and winter will virus will be finally disappearing soon so there will be no second wave of virus because a vaccine will coming early next year if trial was successes for COVID-19 vaccine on July 27th?

Depends how how fast the vaccine gets out to the public, but that’s probably for another topic.

1 hour ago, SonicBoomX said:

Is movie theaters are really go out of business in 2021 or 2022? Is Regal, AMC and Cinemark are not going to be bankrupty this year? Will Cinemark, Regal and AMC will be open movie theaters soon?

I wrote this in the other thread but it is unlikely the theaters would be bankrupt by 2021.

So many studios had films ready (Marvel, Disney, Tenant, Minions) that they delayed so they could receive a theater release (rather than a digital at home release). They want their films to be pop culture events where everyone is talking about a film and the only way to get in on the phenomenon is to go yourself. Many people go to see movies they liked numerous times. A lot of people want a cinematic experience when they see a film released the first time. Then they get a second source of revenue when it releases on blu-ray digital. Trolls did well enough, but I think the $20 rental model only works for some movies. They only made about $100 million on a $10 million movie, which while successful, probably wouldn't work for high budget films. I don't think the Avengers would have become the highest grossing film of all time with that model. My point is that on consumer side and production side, there is still a reason for theaters to exist.

Also I am not sure, but I think a lot of businesses are getting relief funds. But if things get better within the next year, I don't think AMC and the like will go out that easily.

58 minutes ago, prowerboy26 said:

I wrote this in the other thread but it is unlikely the theaters would be bankrupt by 2021.

So many studios had films ready (Marvel, Disney, Tenant, Minions) that they delayed so they could receive a theater release (rather than a digital at home release). They want their films to be pop culture events where everyone is talking about a film and the only way to get in on the phenomenon is to go yourself. Many people go to see movies they liked numerous times. A lot of people want a cinematic experience when they see a film released the first time. Then they get a second source of revenue when it releases on blu-ray digital. Trolls did well enough, but I think the $20 rental model only works for some movies. They only made about $100 million on a $10 million movie, which while successful, probably wouldn't work for high budget films. I don't think the Avengers would have become the highest grossing film of all time with that model. My point is that on consumer side and production side, there is still a reason for theaters to exist.

Also I am not sure, but I think a lot of businesses are getting relief funds. But if things get better within the next year, I don't think AMC and the like will go out that easily.

Agree with all this.  I think that the only way that movie theaters will go bankrupt in the near future is if the virus pandemic continues on for the next few years (which I'm really hoping that doesn't happen at all).  Even though they could possibly send their movies through streaming services, they are not going to earn enough money back from streaming services due to the fact that there are still a number of people who don't have a specific streaming service, whereas if the viewers go to movie theaters, they would have better luck attracting a larger crowd and therefore, get more revenue from the movies.

Yeah. Movies will make less revenue from home streaming release because for a single price of £9.99 it costs here (going by Trolls 2 pricing on Virgin TV at least, I know it was £15 on other services) a household can watch it over and over again as many times as they can fit it in for 48 hours. We watched that particular film 5 or 6 times before the 48 hours expired. That’s a lot of money lost in repeat viewings alone, and also additional money lost if that household invites friends to watch it with them all under the same one-off £9.99 price. I know that for something like Marvel films that ain’t gonna make back the production costs. Cinemas/theatres just need to stay afloat long enough for this pandemic to pass, but I do  worry at least some will fall by the wayside, simply because they can’t afford to pay rent to the building owner month after month without any income. Or for big chains like Odeon/Cineworld/Vue the costs may not be enough to bankrupt them but they may close some of their less profitable locations.

As a consumer, Trolls 2 at home was waaay cheaper for us as a family to view for that £9.99 price as it would have cost us about £25 plus snacks and petrol to see it at the cinema. So that worked out well for us on that occasion. But for all the money we saved I wouldn’t want that to become the norm anyway, I want the cinema experience for the movies I really wanna see like Sonic 2.

OH Yes!!

Bring it on

April 8th 2022.

And no , I highly doubt cinemas will not be bankrupt by that date.

So, we kinda got some news update on the sequel development. According to one of the writers, he say that they could start working on the purely animated elements before filming the live action scenes.:

• Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, we kinda got some news update on the sequel development. According to one of the writers, he say that they could start working on the purely animated elements before filming the live action scenes.:

Sounds interesting....although we still don't know what the plot of the second movie is going to be or how much CGI they will be using in the sequel.   Are they going to focus more on Sonic's world in the sequel or are they still doing most of the movie on Earth?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that is the thing. We don't know.

Because the movie ended with Sonic staying with Tom there has to be some filming (even if a little) in live locations because we have to continue from where the story ended. However, the rest of the film may very well be in Sonic's world for the majority of the film.

Though they would still need to shoot scenes with Robotnik in it because Jim Carrey isn't animated of course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's possible this film is going to lean much more heavily on the animated side just because that's the part that's going to be moving soonest. They can cast voices before live actors, and make models and animations before needing them to be in live action sequences. 

Granted, most of the special effects work is done very late in production. I feel the rudimentary creating of scenes will focus on keeping a steady flow of development.

And you can bet they need to keep this show moving to be in time for their spring date. They definitely won't be pushing this one back, because 2022 will be Mario's year on the big screen and Paramount want to be there in time for the party.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The movie will be released before April 28th. I'm calling it.

One thing I'm grateful for is that the Sonic cinematic universe won't be hard to produce or market.

If the first movie was produced with a budget of $81–95 million (something relatively modest for a Hollywood blockbuster), then I don't think producing spin-off titles will be much of a challenge in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1