Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

11 hours ago, CommodoreGX said:

The movie will be released before April 28th. I'm calling it.

One thing I'm grateful for is that the Sonic cinematic universe won't be hard to produce or market.

If the first movie was produced with a budget of $81–95 million (something relatively modest for a Hollywood blockbuster), then I don't think producing spin-off titles will be much of a challenge in the future.

I agree with this. $500 million is a pretty good amount for making future movies.  Of course, each movie would have to at least earn back their budget in order for this series to continue going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

@CommodoreGXIn case you missed it, they're aiming for an April 8th, 2022 release.

It was posted on the previous page, so even I missed that it was posted before, hence this edit...

I don't think we'll see it earlier than 2022, especially due to Covid.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Shade Vortex said:

@CommodoreGXIn case you missed it, they're aiming for an April 8th, 2022 release.

It was posted on the previous page, so even I missed that it was posted before, hence this edit...

I don't think we'll see it earlier than 2022, especially due to Covid.

Yeah, I'm not expecting the movie to come out before 2022 neither. But I believe it'll come sooner, like March or even late February.

1 hour ago, CommodoreGX said:

Yeah, I'm not expecting the movie to come out before 2022 neither. But I believe it'll come sooner, like March or even late February.

Nah, it won't work like that. There are seasons when movies come out because they just draw in more customers for attention. April 8 is around spring break for most schools.

While there is no reason for a movie to be successful in February (as we should know) most studios won't put a film there because it might not get as much money as it would in late spring or early summer. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Nah, it won't work like that. There are seasons when movies come out because they just draw in more customers for attention. April 8 is around spring break for most schools.

While there is no reason for a movie to be successful in February (as we should know) most studios won't put a film there because it might not get as much money as it would in late spring or early summer. 

I agree with this.  Most studios wouldn't want to put a film during a time where people were mostly working or kids are going to school.  So, placing a film either during spring break or during the summer would definitely help the film gain more viewers.

I wonder if the sequel will bring back Longclaw? We didn't see her dying. It's possible she may be alive. It's also possible that Longclaw send Tails to bring Sonic back in the end of the movie. Also, I wonder if Tom and Maddie will go with Sonic and Tails to their world?

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder if the sequel will bring back Longclaw? We didn't see her dying. It's possible she may be alive. It's also possible that Longclaw send Tails to bring Sonic back in the end of the movie. Also, I wonder if Tom and Maddie will go with Sonic and Tails to their world?

Interesting questions!  I also believe that Longclaw is still alive since we never saw her body.  It would be pretty interesting if Longclaw was the one who sent Tails to Earth and maybe provide some tension in the film where Tails is trying to decide if he should tell Sonic about Longclaw or whether or not Sonic would even believe him if he told him right off the bat.

• Nice Smile 2

You know, I found some scenes that I could see happening in the sequel like these.:

I could also see a scene of Tails getting his iconic plane from Crazy Carl.:

Spoiler

C5R3XJ9ndFGj0EJR3Z8xEFlA2GEoFawVvZH_8V4gJWo1UkH39yRUr8QGdmB7DGJerJ31t3W9vdP4u3CeOBWqvNDoRbf3dYge9mLCh-uueEays7u7VwnLdUD_R3Hulatest?cb=20200306091905

I drew a scene of how it could looked like.:

Spoiler

tails_get_his_plane_from_crazy_carl_by_kitsuoi_ddytu4z-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03NjgiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9kYWM4ZTFmYS0wOWRiLTQxNTgtYWNmMS04MmM1NTEwOGYxZDNcL2RkeXR1NHotMGIxNTM1MDUtNjBmYS00OTc2LTkxMjUtNTNhN2VhMDdkZjczLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.MUvqSrafDXItR5VT28yOwHPFOaGJuOuGBDeriaD_QVs

I know I should not post fan art here, but I just want to show you how a scene like this could look like.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

You know, I found some scenes that I could see happening in the sequel like these.:

I could also see a scene of Tails getting his iconic plane from Crazy Carl.:

Reveal hidden contents

C5R3XJ9ndFGj0EJR3Z8xEFlA2GEoFawVvZH_8V4gJWo1UkH39yRUr8QGdmB7DGJerJ31t3W9vdP4u3CeOBWqvNDoRbf3dYge9mLCh-uueEays7u7VwnLdUD_R3Hulatest?cb=20200306091905

I drew a scene of how it could looked like.:

Hide contents

tails_get_his_plane_from_crazy_carl_by_kitsuoi_ddytu4z-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03NjgiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9kYWM4ZTFmYS0wOWRiLTQxNTgtYWNmMS04MmM1NTEwOGYxZDNcL2RkeXR1NHotMGIxNTM1MDUtNjBmYS00OTc2LTkxMjUtNTNhN2VhMDdkZjczLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.MUvqSrafDXItR5VT28yOwHPFOaGJuOuGBDeriaD_QVs

I know I should not post fan art here, but I just want to show you how a scene like this could look like.

It would be great to see Crazy Carl be the one to give Sonic and Tails the iconic plane, although I wonder what they would use the plane for in the sequel.  Maybe to travel to Sonic's world.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It would be great to see Crazy Carl be the one to give Sonic and Tails the iconic plane, although I wonder what they would use the plane for in the sequel.  Maybe to travel to Sonic's world.

Couldn’t they just use a ring portal for that?

58 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Couldn’t they just use a ring portal for that?

I guess they could or Tails could build the plane in Sonic's world instead on Earth.

I definitely don't want to see more egg-shaped robots in the sequel. I wanna see full on Badniks. Maybe Eggman saw Sonic's world and it inspired his designs. I want a classic-style motobug on the big screen! 😁

4 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

I definitely don't want to see more egg-shaped robots in the sequel. I wanna see full on Badniks. Maybe Eggman saw Sonic's world and it inspired his designs. I want a classic-style motobug on the big screen! 😁

I would love to see that too!  Maybe have the wasp like machines he had in the second game make an appearance!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have this idea how they can put gun into the sequel and work around why they weren’t in the first movie

have them changed from an official government military organisation to a private military company

So, Colleen would definitely love to come back to voice Tails again if the crew asked her. I would love to see her come back to voice him. I'm not sure if that would be the case, since Hollywood is likely cast an very well known actor to play Tails in the sequel instead of getting her back.:

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, Colleen would definitely love to come back to voice Tails again if the crew asked her. I would love to see her come back to voice him. I'm not sure if that would be the case, since Hollywood is likely cast an very well known actor to play Tails in the sequel instead of getting her back.:

As much as I would like to see Colleen voice Tails again, I don't think that Hollywood would let her come back since they probably want to get a famous actor or actress voicing Tails in order to gain a bigger audience.

Just please if not Colleen then an actual (talented) child or child-sounding actor/actress. People keep saying Tom Holland and I’m really not sure why? Yes he’s a fine and popular actor but his voice is not that of an 8 year old and I’m not aware he has that much a voice range to sound 10 or younger. When Tails sounds the same age or older than Sonic then we got a problem.

• Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, caitash said:

Just please if not Colleen then an actual (talented) child or child-sounding actor/actress. People keep saying Tom Holland and I’m really not sure why? Yes he’s a fine and popular actor but his voice is not that of an 8 year old and I’m not aware he has that much a voice range to sound 10 or younger. When Tails sounds the same age or older than Sonic then we got a problem.

I agree with this.  I honestly don't know why people want Tom Holland to voice Tails so badly. Don't they know that Tails is like 8 years old?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know why people say that either. I think people just look at Tails and see nerdy tech guy and forget there are so many components like Tails's age that wouldn't work for his voice. I think the Tom Holland thing started as a joke but then some people started taking it seriously. 

If Colleen is not voicing Tails, it would be cool to see a child actor for Tails again. A child actor is very much feasible in a movie series compared to a eternally continuing game series. For example if they got an 8 year old kid, it is possible to have a non-deep voice for like 5-6 years.

21 minutes ago, prowerboy26 said:

I don't know why people say that either. I think people just look at Tails and see nerdy tech guy and forget there are so many components like Tails's age that wouldn't work for his voice. I think the Tom Holland thing started as a joke but then some people started taking it seriously. 

If Colleen is not voicing Tails, it would be cool to see a child actor for Tails again. A child actor is very much feasible in a movie series compared to a eternally continuing game series. For example if they got an 8 year old kid, it is possible to have a non-deep voice for like 5-6 years.

The only problem with having a child voice actor though is that their voices will deepen when they reach a certain age.  What happens if the movie franchise goes on a for a long time and Tails' voice actor's voice starts deepening at a point?  I mean sure, they could have Tails age up as the film series goes on, but they might want Tails to stay the same age throughout the franchise and it would be hard for the child actor to retain their voice throughout the franchise as they get older.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

The only problem with having a child voice actor though is that their voices will deepen when they reach a certain age.  What happens if the movie franchise goes on a for a long time and Tails' voice actor's voice starts deepening at a point?  I mean sure, they could have Tails age up as the film series goes on, but they might want Tails to stay the same age throughout the franchise and it would be hard for the child actor to retain their voice throughout the franchise as they get older.

Well see, that is why I said if they get someone is approx 8 years old they can probably keep that voice for Tails for the 5-6ish years (which would cover 2-3 more films). I am going off what I observe, but to me, it seems most child actors can keep their youthful, non-deep voice until age 13-14 and actually still sound like Tails. (For example  Jacob Tremblay and Max Charles who were both 11-12 ish yet were able to sound like little kids).

If they get a child actor, they will probably only have to replace Tails actor only one time at the most over the course of the film series. But again, that is under the assumption they use an actor is who really young (like 8).

I guess what I am saying is that it is feasible they could go the child actor route. Compared to television and video games, child actors seem more common in Hollywood like in Disney movies etc. 

I think it’s possible to digitally de-age voices, I’m sure they did that for The Last Airbender when the voice actor for Aang started to hit puberty. Heck I think they even used it for Tom Hanks on The Polar Express film. But I’d still rather it go to someone who can consistently produce that voice without digital assistance as it would just add an extra cost to the film’s production. Also it would be less awkward PR in the run-up to the film to have someone other than a grown man sat next to Ben Schwartz to promote the film via interviews and voice-overs etc.

I really like Colleen as Tails although I’ve never heard her produce that much of an emotional range. You know the type I mean, for the more heartfelt moments (such as when Sonic realised the Wachowski’s had moved his stuff into their attic to live with them) which I’m sure the sequel will bring in once or twice. If they do keep Colleen it will be really interesting (for me, at least) to see the difference between Game/Boom Tails and Movie!Tails with the different directors.

9 hours ago, caitash said:

I think it’s possible to digitally de-age voices, I’m sure they did that for The Last Airbender when the voice actor for Aang started to hit puberty. Heck I think they even used it for Tom Hanks on The Polar Express film. But I’d still rather it go to someone who can consistently produce that voice without digital assistance as it would just add an extra cost to the film’s production. Also it would be less awkward PR in the run-up to the film to have someone other than a grown man sat next to Ben Schwartz to promote the film via interviews and voice-overs etc.

I really like Colleen as Tails although I’ve never heard her produce that much of an emotional range. You know the type I mean, for the more heartfelt moments (such as when Sonic realised the Wachowski’s had moved his stuff into their attic to live with them) which I’m sure the sequel will bring in once or twice. If they do keep Colleen it will be really interesting (for me, at least) to see the difference between Game/Boom Tails and Movie!Tails with the different directors.

That's another reason why they shouldn't cast Tom Holland as Tails. Don't get me wrong. I love Tom Holland, but if they want to make Tails into a child, then they would have to digitally de-age Tom's voice to make him sound like a child.  Sure, the Sonic movie may have succeeded in the box office, but it's not making the same amount of money that the MCU movies are making and it would probably be too expensive to hire an A list actor like Tom Holland to voice a character.  Maybe they could have him appear as a cameo in the movie, but I think that's as far as they could go at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, back in February, there was a rumor that the Rock could be in the sequel according to Neal McDonough who played Major Bennington.:

"I'm looking forward to part two. Literally, part two, I've already heard rumblings that The Rock is going to be [in it]. The Rock is in part two of everything, by the way."

Source

Do you guys think that he will be in the movie? If he is in, then maybe he could play Knuckles or some random human character? Also, do you guys think that Neal will be in the sequel. His comment kinda suggest that he might be in it.

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, back in February, there was a rumor that the Rock could be in the sequel according to Neal McDonough who played Major Bennington.:

"I'm looking forward to part two. Literally, part two, I've already heard rumblings that The Rock is going to be [in it]. The Rock is in part two of everything, by the way."

Source

Do you guys think that he will be in the movie? If he is in, then maybe he could play Knuckles or some random human character? Also, do you guys think that Neal will be in the sequel. His comment kinda suggest that he might be in it.

I've been hearing that too, along with Amy Rose possibly showing up in the sequel.  Now whether or not either one is true, that remains to be seen, but I would love to have the Rock voice Knuckles if Knuckles does show up in the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1