Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

58 minutes ago, Jango said:

OH SHIT. That looks COOL.

Oh, that is a really cool poster. I’m really happy to see the Tornado and the Eggmobile, and Tails looks incredible.

I feel like this is going to be more action-oriented than the first one, at least judging by the poster alone, with the trailer tomorrow we'll have a better picture.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god!!! That poster looks AMAZING!!! Sonic, Tails and Robotnik look awesome and I love seeing the Tornado in this poster! I can't wait to watch the trailer tomorrow! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope that Knuckles isn't portrayed as an idiot. Gullible doesn't have to mean stupid. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he came from the same echidna tribe that young Sonic and Longclaw ran away from, hearing about the fast blue hedgehog that got away, and when Robotnik comes to tell him about it, he is all "I will make my Tribe proud", assuming something hasn't happened to the echidnas after Sonic left that makes Knuckles the last of his kind like the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Jango said:

OH SHIT. That looks COOL.

This is so awesome! Nice! They put Sonic's plane also known as the Tornado. I also noticed they make one of the robots based on that Buzzer.  

Also, Jim Carrey and Ben Schwartz will attend the Game Awards.:

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ehh123 said:

I just hope that Knuckles isn't portrayed as an idiot. Gullible doesn't have to mean stupid. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he came from the same echidna tribe that young Sonic and Longclaw ran away from, hearing about the fast blue hedgehog that got away, and when Robotnik comes to tell him about it, he is all "I will make my Tribe proud", assuming something hasn't happened to the echidnas after Sonic left that makes Knuckles the last of his kind like the games.

I'm not too worried about that. I think, at best, he'll be more so gullible to see that Eggman is playing like a fiddle. But that's as far as his idiocy will reach. I think. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, the only thing missing from the teaser poster is Knux gliding in the distance; obscured in the clouds or something.

Also with the first movie arguably being the best thing about 2020, this trailer drop will be the best thing about 2021 lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

We saw in the post credits scene that Tails can make his tails come together as seemingly one. If they kept that aspect in the sequel, it would be amusing if Sonic met Tails in one tail form and then something happens that forces Tails to go into two tail mode and fly. Imagine Sonic's reaction. Not only is he meeting the first being from his world in a long time, he is also meeting someone with a special power like him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want to see Tails revealed to Green Hills through a Crazy, err... Very Observant Carl drawing.

• Way Past Cool 1

An artist draw the poster with the game counterparts of Sonic and Tails. This look cool!

Lol. The Agent Stone actor make an joke about the two other Spiderman actors.:

• Chuckle 4

12 hours ago, ehh123 said:

We saw in the post credits scene that Tails can make his tails come together as seemingly one. If they kept that aspect in the sequel, it would be amusing if Sonic met Tails in one tail form and then something happens that forces Tails to go into two tail mode and fly. Imagine Sonic's reaction. Not only is he meeting the first being from his world in a long time, he is also meeting someone with a special power like him.

I hope they keep that aspect of Tails' character in the sequel. It would be interesting to see why Tails kept his twin tails together and how Sonic would react to Tails having twin tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I hope they keep that aspect of Tails' character in the sequel. It would be interesting to see why Tails kept his twin tails together and how Sonic would react to Tails having twin tails.

To be honest I like the idea that he can hide his extra tail too. Like if he doesn't want to be bully/ostracized on his home planet. 

I think a lot of it was for dramatic effect for the Tails reveal. But it would be cool to see that implemented with world- reasons.

10 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I still want to see Tails revealed to Green Hills through a Crazy, err... Very Observant Carl drawing.

It leaked

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Chuckle 2

I am grinning from ear to ear. Sooo good. Need time to process but there's a lot of SA1 stuff in there... (temple, snow boarding, water shooting out the ground, Sonic on the rooftop etc.)

Edit: didn't notice the second trailer-specific thread sorry!

Unpopular opinion, but Colleen should have been recast with a young actor like Fin Wolfhard or Tom Holland. I'm sorry, but Tails sounds like a caricature

13 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Unpopular opinion, but Colleen should have been recast with a young actor like Fin Wolfhard or Tom Holland. I'm sorry, but Tails sounds like a caricature

...Should we tell him? 

Amazing trailer, I couldn't asked for a better one. Looks like we'll have a round 2 bar-fight with Sonic & Tails, Knuckles is amazing too, being tricked yet again, but it couldn't be any other way, I wouldn't had it any other way.

Also, real nice touch the nod to the Sonic 2 opening music at the end,

I have nothing to complain until now. 10/10

28 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

...Should we tell him? 

Tell me what? Ben and Colleen sound like they're in two completely different films. They don't match. Sometimes, fan service can get in the way of what's best for a film, and this, unfortunately, is one of those times.

Which is honestly disappointing. Sonic in the first film felt like, and was treated like (for the first time), a REAL character; and Ben's performance was absolutely a huge part of that. 

He didn't play Sonic as the exaggerated, cartoon character of the games, but as a PERSON; living, breathing and believable, a character you could get invested in. 

Unfortunately, those elements are seemingly nowhere to be found in Colleen's cartoon performance, which, for some reason, the filmakers have decided to bring over to the films..  Even tho it's blatantly incompatible... For obvious reasons. 

21 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Tell me what? Ben and Colleen sound like they're in two completely different films. They don't match. Sometimes, fan service can get in the way of what's best for a film, and this, unfortunately, is one of those times.

Which is honestly disappointing. Sonic in the first film felt like, and was treated like (for the first time), a REAL character; and Ben's performance was absolutely a huge part of that. 

He didn't play Sonic as the exaggerated, cartoon character of the games, but as a PERSON; living, breathing and believable, a character you could get invested in. 

Unfortunately, those elements are seemingly nowhere to be found in Colleen's cartoon performance, which, for some reason, the filmakers have decided to bring over to the films..  Even tho it's blatantly incompatible... For obvious reasons. 

...Should we still tell him? 

7 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Don't be an ass and just tell him what you're talking about.

29 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I get what you're saying. Though I feel like a lot of that comes down to trailer editing more than just the actual acting itself. Trailers have to be made up of invented footage, and spliced up lines plenty of times, especially in differing stages of vocal mastering. Quality of the voices was probably one of those things prioritized the least in the trailer in order to match the mood being put together.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

One and only warning for everyone, either use points to disagree with their argument or just don't engage at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails has like three lines and they are all spliced in. Too soon to worry about performance or being out of place.

The trailer was phenomenal. Thought we would get more Knux, but I can't complain with what they did show. I literally shouted "God Daym" when that knuckleduster hit.

Everything seemed spot on. The vibe was intense and they even got his "I have no idea" catchphrase in there, which has quickly grown on me.

• Thumbs Up 2