Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie Trailer is released!

Shiny Gems

I thought it looked great personally. I liked the first movie, but this one seems more to my taste as a Sonic fan. It was also hype seeing Knuckles, he looks and sounds great. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, the first movie had me no where near this hyped, and I still think they shouldn’t have done live action.

They gave Knuckles quite an upgrade to his punches!

Now the question is whether that was a regular Chaos Emerald or the Master Emerald in that trailer. Don’t know why, but it brings me back to the Sonic Underground cartoon when the Emerald broke in two and threatened the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

It's like candy for Knuckles fans

Acting like a massive badass wets their whistles. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Badass Tails!  Carrey going all in! And BRITISH! MOTHER! FUCKING! KNUCKLES!

...God, it's everything I've ever dreamed of. April 8th cannot come quick enough!

• Thumbs Up 2

I just realized one thing. Don't you guys think that coloring in the trailer was off? The trailer looks like it was put through cold-blue filter 

That was awesome, probably the most hyped I've been for a Sonic thing in a while. Tails and Knuckles seem like they'll be peak themselves here.

• Thumbs Up 2

To think that without the negative reception of the original live-action Sonic, we wouldn't even see this trailer. This trailer is absolutely enthralling! :D Action is great, humor's good, KNUCKLES! EGGMAN! Yes, please! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Mmmmmm! That was a good one! Fun action set pieces, great pacing, and a real scope of epic. Knuckles and Eggman look incredible! Ugh ill have more to say later, but I gotta watch that again. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I have no darn idea why but my biggest enjoyment in the trailer was seeing Agent Stone. Working as a barista (cuz the latte haha), happy for Robotnik's return, what seem to be Robotnik visiting him than the other way around, and their conversation.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I have no darn idea why but my biggest enjoyment in the trailer was seeing Agent Stone. Working as a barista (cuz the latte haha), happy for Robotnik's return, what seem to be Robotnik visiting him than the other way around, and their conversation.

With a fancy new ‘stache!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh...my....goodness...

There was just so much goodness in this trailer!  I mean, the characters look fantastic, there's lots of great humor and....KNUCKLES IS SO EPIC!!!! Now I'm more than hyped to watch this movie!!!

Did anyone notice that Sonic's and Tails's winter coats make them look like Mario and Luigi, respectively? XD

6 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Did anyone notice that Sonic's and Tails's winter coats make them look like Mario and Luigi, respectively? XD

Actually, considering Tyson is on board. It feels like a reference to Sonic's Bob Beaky disguise in STC.

Bob Beaky Render by Nibroc-Rock on DeviantArt

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Anyone catch the Mean Bean reference on the board behind him? 😅

After a decade of Knuckles being comic relief, it’s refreshing to see him portrayed as a tried and true badass again. Idris’ line delivery was everything.

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that I've had a bit to compile my thoughts:

+Whenever there's a set piece that looks like it replicates the games, it looks absolutely awesome. Props to the Ice Cap and Sky Chase segments.

+Sonic and Tails look pretty cool when they're together. Especially in that scene with them entering the bar in snow gear. Tails has translated over to the movie pretty well.

+Knuckles looks absolutely rad. I wasn't really feeling Idris' performance on first watch, but I'm very quickly warming up to him as I rewatch the trailer. His deeper but more refined way of speaking is pretty neat, and seems to be a unique touch for this version of Knuckles.

+I just have to say it as a Knuckles fan - seeing him portrayed like this is just great. It could change when we get to the movie, sure - but seeing him treated as not only a legit rival to Sonic, but someone who can stand toe to toe with him, and even beat him is just such a nice fresh breath of air after years of nothing but Knuckles is dumb, or useless, as we got in the games for ages. Having him being set up as an actual cool character and major threat, to the point he closes out the trailer is so awesome.

+Eggman is pretty funny in the scenes we see him in.

-Eggman's sports jackets are something I'm kinda meh on. I feel like him coming to basically wage war in revenge could've called for him sporting his usual militaristic outfit from the games.

-Kind of iffy on how much of the movie seems to still take place in the real world. It was understandable for the first movie with it's budget and having to prove itself, but there's really no excuse for the sequel to not at least focus much more of it in Sonic's world. 

-Sonic's portrayal here...It's not enough for me to call it an out and out negative, but it's enough for me to feel cautious. I feel like Sonic still being the wide-eyed, hyperactive kid, who seemingly has to learn to pace himself because he's still a kid (if Tom's dialogue is anything to go by) could possibly hurt the brotherly/role model dynamic he's supposed to have with Tails. He could maybe develop more throughout the movie into that big brother/confident role due to Tails, but right now, I'm still unsure about it.

-I'm pretty bleh about the drones being back again. It's nice we're getting some traditional badniks, but given them the same generic white and black colours is just making them feel uninspired. He was literally trapped and isolated on a mushroom planet for god knows how long, and despite his claims to the contrary, his sanity was slipping long before he made his way back home. I don't feel like him modelling and paining his robots as weaponised animals would've been that far out of believability. 

So yeah, generally feeling pretty positive about this so far.