Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Trailer

Wraith

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

An experience like never before, accelerate to new heights and experience the thrill of high velocity open-zone freedom.
Battle powerful enemies as you speed through the Starfall Islands - landscapes brimming with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls, sizzling deserts and more!
This Holiday 2022 - Speed into new realms.

Brave new world.

Coming holiday 2022.

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow they.....copied BOTW a little to literally there. Even the towers. Not sure if I like the look it feels to down to earth for Sonic I guess?

Can't say I'm particularly impressed or hyped. I wanted more than that like a brief game play demonstration but we just got panning shots of the overworld. Meh

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, 5 years between game is complete torture, but I'm so glad we have official confirmation on everything. Excited to see what's next.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks good, no great, no awesome, no outstanding, no amazing! Let's hope the final game is just as good.

Anyone else think this game looks too much like Breath of the Wild, though?

Yeah, I dunno about the Switch version guys lol

But anyway, yeah, looks good, confirms the leaks, also I notice that the tweet says "open zone." I hope that means more Mario Odyssey than Breath of the Wild.

• Thumbs Up 2

Disappointed at the lack of gameplay. All of the in-engine stuff was just things conveyed already by the pre-rendered footage, and it didn't look particularly impressive (thanks, last gen and Switch) nor worryingly bad. If nothing else, this lends more credence to the rumors. I hope they show gameplay soon. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

Anyone else think this game looks too much like Breath of the Wild, though?

Oh blatantly so lol.

But if this really is the game Sonic Team wants to make, I'm all for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NoKaine said:

Oh blatantly so lol.

But if this really is the game Sonic Team wants to make, I'm all for it. 

Ditto. I just couldn't help but notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really disappointed by the lack of anything meaningful to show in it. I should have known it would be the shortest reveal there. Prolly not going to learn more for a long time either.

• Thumbs Up 4

Switch being a platform is still the most iffy part of this to me. I know BOTW is Switch, but Link ain't speeding through the world nearly as fast as Sonic would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the environments look a little rough. I guess if we're seeing the Switch version thats fine but it doesn't really look like a next gen game. I think the problem is trying render a realistic open world at Sonic speeds....

Ironically, some checkerboard texture and stylistically low-poly plants would make environments like this run better while looking good. It doesn't need to look like BOTW. Why does it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Jango said:

Also, Forces' model, yikes.

I don't know how you guys can micropick Sonic's models but even I think it's pretty clear that's a new model.

• Thumbs Up 3

Showed a lot of nothing - cant really expect much else from a holiday 2022 release.

They were just looking for an excuse to drop the name on us. At least it looks pretty. Thats a big accomplishment for an open world game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I kind of hope they go for an entirely different art style for the switch version. Otherwise, I simply don't see it playing well and looking good at the same time. 

Sonic of the Colossus of the Wild

Honestly, I find it whack that they didn't show just a little bit of running around the environment and combat

• Thumbs Up 2

Like everyone else is saying, the graphics are very impressive! They also don't look very.. Sonic-y. Not a loop in sight. Like they made a realistic world that could fit any current gen game and then slapped Sonic in it. 

• Thumbs Up 7

So I am of two minds about how it looks. 

On one hand, Sonic has been retreading Green Hill so much for the last decade that I welcome him being just about anywhere else.

On the other hand... this is like blatantly, laughably, flagrantly, embarrassingly, Breath of the Wild. 

I kinda get storybook game vibes, where Sonic is just plopped into unfamiliar territory. Which I love. But that territory itself... could ya have been a liiiiilll more creative with it?

• Thumbs Up 7