Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Trailer

Wraith

Lots of CGI, no actual gameplay in action but a few moments of in game graphics. Looks alright. Amazing? No, but it looks okay. The grass is very flat and undetailed though. I'd expect to actually see the indivisible blades in a current-gen game. I'm not happy to see the Forces model back. 

Also... Flynn is writing! That's amazing. Morio Kishimoto is directing... That's not amazing.

• Thumbs Up 6

With a lot of these areas being really compact compared to the long linear hallways of previous games, it'll be interesting to see how Sonic's control and handling will feel in Frontiers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On a technical side, this game has some real potential. Though... even for that there really isn't a lot to go off of. Framerate was wacky but that's to be expected for a game this far out.

Not gonna help the "hire this man" or anti-realism debate tho.

Frontiers trailer looks terribly generic (as most games shown tonight anyways). It could be fun to roam seamlessly full throttle and fight constructs, as long as those don't end up as joke you can easily bulldoze in a matter of seconds.

Nevertheless, not worth discussing this further for me until a proper gameplay reveal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Ian Flynn is penning the story.

Now THIS is lit. About time and absolutely well deserved 

• Thumbs Up 1

They didn't just hire that man, they hired THE man! Happy for him. Now we just gotta see how much control he actually had over it.. is this written by HIM him, or just localizing?

And how's he gonna show off his chops if the game consists of only two characters

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, hopefully Sonic's model is still a work in progress, because Forces model or not, that trailer had that cursed flat quill. Ugh...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ian penning the story is fantastic news, well deserved and about time!

What was shown tho..eh. Perhaps I've just been burnt out on the modern Sonic outings lately, Lost World, Forces, Team Sonic Racing, they were all subpar and not at all entertaining personally. Currently with what little we have seen and know about it, it's looking like a hard pass until it's bargain bin material unless something impressive is shown down the line. I regret paying full price for all the titles mentioned above and I don't want to be caught out again.

At least Origins I know I will enjoy I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank god, We can finally settle the stupid "Can Ian write the game better than ST" debate that's been going on forever.

I was tired of seeing them.

• Thumbs Up 4

"In Sonic Frontiers, Sonic’s long-time nemesis Dr. Eggman discovers an ancient technology on the Starfall Islands and installs his AI program SAGE to hack in and take over. But there is more to this technology than he realizes, and unintended consequences immediately come to bear. Sonic must race against time to discover the truth, save his friends, and maybe even save himself at the same time."

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/22824831/sonic-frontiers-sega-3d-mainline-game-awards

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

I don't care who's writing if the game sucks ass anyways tho'

Dang man even I think it's a little too early to knock down some good news this early. We hardly know enough about the final product to determine that it's gonna be shit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer seriously feels like more of a teaser then actually teaser trailer. Like imagine if this was shown first instead of what we got at Sonic Central. Like I get why we didn't but still. I'm really interested in this game but i'm not sold yet till I see some actual gameplay.

Edited by Shiguy
Mobile is shit.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even though I wished they showed some gameplay, I'm still pretty interested in this game and the visuals look amazing.  Also, Ian Flynn is writing the story, so good for him!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well. I feel optimistic about the narrative now at least. Ok. Optimistic isn't the right word, because that would imply I think it would be good. There's a lot more hands involved that affects the writing of a game.

So I will just say I am confident. Implying that I am open for disappointment, but confident there's less of a chance for it there.

But I am excited to see how Flynn's writing extends into the games. A lot is riding here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very interesting how they had an entire trailer and never showed Sonic moving once.

Well, at least they know exactly what most of us look for. Gotta keep us from tuning out too early I guess lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have so many mixed feelings about this trailer that I'm left feeling absolutely nothing. 

Like legit, the only thing that got me just a LITTLE excited is having Flynn finally writing for the series. Took entirely too long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cant bash the game for buggy momentum physics if they never show Sonic move lol

Flynn being on board with this is a huge win though. If anything, I'll probably be able to enjoy the story again.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Betz said:

"In Sonic Frontiers, Sonic’s long-time nemesis Dr. Eggman discovers an ancient technology on the Starfall Islands and installs his AI program SAGE to hack in and take over. But there is more to this technology than he realizes, and unintended consequences immediately come to bear. Sonic must race against time to discover the truth, save his friends, and maybe even save himself at the same time."

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/22824831/sonic-frontiers-sega-3d-mainline-game-awards

SAGE like PHAGE. With Flynn writing.

PUT NICOLE IN THE GAME, YOU FUCKERS

• Thumbs Up 3