Awoo.

Ian Flynn to pen the story for "Sonic Frontiers"

Wraith

5 hours ago, Kuzu said:

I fucking hate Heroes....but that's for gameplay related reasons. 

Yea....more or less the same thing. Team Sonic's story is literally just about beating Eggman, Team Rose is about finding Sonic (and Chocola and Froggy I guess), and Team Chaotix is about gettin that bread. Only Team Dark has an interesting plot thread, and surprise, it's centered around Shadow.

In terms of characterization, Team Dark and Team Chaotix are kind of the standouts; but Team Dark has Maekawa's baby, and this is Team Chaotix's formal debut in the Modern branch, so a lot of work was put into establishing them. Team Sonic and Team Rose are pretty generic by comparison.

And the less said about Metal Sonic the better...

Team Rose has fun moments like Cream reminding Amy they're not there to sightsee in Ocean Palace.

Also all this plotting talk makes me want to dedicate a thread to my insane ideology that the Sonic series would benefit immensely if it took lessons from Doctor Who but I have no idea where to place such a topic.

Ian Flynn finally being hired to write for the video games' stories is awesome.

This shows SEGA does care about the fans, Iizuka wasn't joking when he said he and the team would be trying to meet the fandom's expectations. Having Ian Flynn write for the games is exactly one of those expectations, lets hope Ian will write for more of the games after Frontiers unless SEGA decides not to keep him around. Hopefully, Ian will be writing for the games for the next twenty or thirty years if we're lucky and he could be the longest running Sonic writer in history. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:00 AM, CVGWJames said:

Ian Flynn finally being hired to write for the video games' stories is awesome.

This shows SEGA does care about the fans, Iizuka wasn't joking when he said he and the team would be trying to meet the fandom's expectations. Having Ian Flynn write for the games is exactly one of those expectations, lets hope Ian will write for more of the games after Frontiers unless SEGA decides not to keep him around. Hopefully, Ian will be writing for the games for the next twenty or thirty years if we're lucky and he could be the longest running Sonic writer in history. 

All of this. And hopefully the games going forward can have plots as epic as the metal virus saga.

• Thumbs Up 1