Awoo.

Cindy Robinson to Reprise Amy Rose in Sonic Frontiers

phobs

During the official podcast, it got confirmed that the entire(?) voice cast is back, Cindy Robinson is returning as Amy and Amy IS the voice in the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 6

Seemed newsworthy on its own, so I took the liberty of splitting it to its own topic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Amy finally bout to get her big break. There's literally never been a game when she's Sonic's primary ally. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so excited for Amy to potentially play major role in the game! She is long overdue for spotlight. I highly recommend watching the following video on her, I think it explains very well why she is important and deserves more prominent role

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, phobs said:

I'm so excited for Amy to potentially play major role in the game! She is long overdue for spotlight. I highly recommend watching the following video on her, I think it explains very well why she is important and deserves more prominent role

I remember that video, it's really worth watching. And yeah Amy is quite an underdog in my opinion, she deserves her chance at spotlight, glad it's happening, even though we don't know what her role in the game is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I still don't know how anyone could think that the voice sounded anything like Tails when it was so obviously Robinson's Amy, but it's nice to have confirmation regardless.

However, I still think that everyone is jumping the gun by assuming that Amy is somehow the second main character behind Sonic here. I'd guess she was chosen for the trailer purely for dramatic effect, and that the game will see Sonic being separated from all of his friends in the Starfall Islands somehow. I have to wonder if Amy, Tails and the rest are trapped in the rumoured cyberspace areas. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

People thought that was Tails?

Several. I don't get it either. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Several. I don't get it either. 

Wait really??? Even with the distinct inflections that clearly didn't belong to Tails???

I mean, Tails has been a prominent character for the last decade or so, assuming it was him is a reasonable choice. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

However, I still think that everyone is jumping the gun by assuming that Amy is somehow the second main character behind Sonic here. I'd guess she was chosen for the trailer purely for dramatic effect, and that the game will see Sonic being separated from all of his friends in the Starfall Islands somehow. I have to wonder if Amy, Tails and the rest are trapped in the rumoured cyberspace areas. 

The thing is that the Ghost Girl is very likely to be Amy. None of the confirmed leaks ever stated how the ghost girl looks like and as the result, it is possible reason why no one figured out that it was Amy. In more reliable leaks, it was stated that the ghost girl (assuming that it was Amy) was present during what seems like Super Sonic's fight with the final boss.

Even if Sonic's companion per island changes (Amy first, Tails second and etc), at very least she is important part of significant chunk of the game, which is good.

I guess I wasn't really listening before, because it didn't register as Amy to me originally...

But listening again, if it was just the "Sonic" then I could see how people thought that was Tails.

Breaking - Sonic Characters to return in Sonic Game. What’s the news here exactly?

Is it that Amy has more dialogue, or is playable or something?

19 minutes ago, Razule said:

So, like.. everyone everyone is in this game?

More like, everyone who is here is still voiced by whoever voiced them last.

16 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Amy finally bout to get her big break. There's literally never been a game when she's Sonic's primary ally. 

Eh, I feel like that might be jumping the gun. My guess would be there's a different character for each island, and we've heard Amy because she's the partner for the first island.

13 minutes ago, phobs said:

The thing is that the Ghost Girl is very likely to be Amy. None of the confirmed leaks ever stated how the ghost girl looks like and as the result, it is possible reason why no one figured out that it was Amy. In more reliable leaks, it was stated that the ghost girl (assuming that it was Amy) was present during what seems like Super Sonic's fight with the final boss.

Even if Sonic's companion per island changes (Amy first, Tails second and etc), at very least she is important part of significant chunk of the game, which is good.

The "ghost girl" is almost certainly Amy, but that almost certainly wasn't the final boss. I feel like it'd be awful strange to show the final boss to a focus tester, for one. And the survey leak talked about using Super Sonic to fight "skyscraper-sized enemy Titans", so it seems to be a recurring thing. The leaker likely just assumed it was the final boss because that's usually where Super Sonic shows up.

And so far we haven't heard of her doing anything but talking and throwing Sonic some rings. If the bulk of their role is just talking to Sonic from offscreen, I don't think people would be too pleased, *cough cough*.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Breaking - Sonic Characters to return in Sonic Game. What’s the news here exactly?

Is it that Amy has more dialogue, or is playable or something?

Cindy Robinson originally left shortly after Roger Craig Smith was initially fired. Her reprising her role is the news.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm guessing things just sort of worked out with her after Roger came back. Well I'm glad to have her back because consistency Woohoo.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's a relief! I've said it before: I have my preferences on Sonic's various English VAs, but I'd happily take any of 'em if we could have enjoyed the consistency that Japan's had, and just kept, as much as possible, the same cast since 1998.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

Cindy Robinson originally left shortly after Roger Craig Smith was initially fired. Her reprising her role is the news.

Riiiight. I read this so incorrectly. ^^; It was more that I thought the character was gunna be in the game than anything to do with returning VA's. Hadn't even realised Amy's VA left beyond Sonic's either.

Well, that's cool - consistently is always a good thing.

I have to assume that the original "ghost girl" leaks were going off something; you'd expect the kind of people leaking details about a Sonic game to know enough about the series to recognise Amy or at least take notice if a name was mentioned - and conversely, to not start talking about ghost girls if all they had to go on was a bodiless voice or even just a floating orb.  And didn't one of the early leaks describe the ghost girl, bizarrely, as heavily sexualised...?  So my read right now is that maybe the ghost girl was a placeholder visual all along, and in-game it'll be very obvious that we're dealing with Amy.  (There are some theories out there that it originally was a new character and then they tossed it for an established one.  Conversely, it's also possible that there's a ghost girl in addition to Sonic's friends.)

Still, it's really surprising to see Amy front and centre like this - or at least, as front and centre as you can get without actually openly showing or even naming her in the trailer, so it's actually quite odd.  Did they just handle it like this for those BotW trailer vibes, I wonder?

Maybe they are just (finally) confident in using the cast in a bigger way. Who else would you like to see in the game?

What we've heard doesn't sound different from the other Modern games unless there's some kind of twist after you rescue them. Seems like Sonic's friends are in an advisory role again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Amy is gonna have a bigger role in this game. She's long overdue something like this.

image.jpeg.973f766bd985204c8e4ff12abdaa4b0f.jpeg

it's the pink squares that just remind me of her, it's pretty simplistic color association like blue = Sonic, pink = Amy. maybe that's a bit of a silly way of looking at it idk

it just raises the question, why Amy of all the characters? usually Tails is Sonic's right-hand man. 

out of all the characters to prominently allude to in your reveal trailer, they chose Amy. That's probably gotta mean something big?