Awoo.

Cindy Robinson to Reprise Amy Rose in Sonic Frontiers

phobs

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think we're just hearing about her first because she's on the first island.

Something like this, definitely. People are reading too far into Amy being in the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly Amy is dead and is haunting Sonic beyond the grave. There is no other explanation to be found by patiently waiting for more news. 

• Chuckle 1

maybe the "ghosts" of all the characters will communicate with Sonic throughout the game. It would make for some nice character interactions

like, maybe you find an area on the map with a lot of cliffs and Knuckles speaks to Sonic about his life on Angel Island and how he learned to get so good at climbing up walls or something idk

it could be nice to see Sonic have more intimate heart-to-heart moments with these characters, after so many years of complaints that they've become one-dimensional

is Ian Flynn good at writing that kinda stuff?

14 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

is Ian Flynn good at writing that kinda stuff?

Yes. A lot of people praise Ian flynn for his plots but IMO his true strength has always been character interaction. One thing I'm looking forward to about this game is laid back open world exploration while listening to his dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Quite curious to see how the voice direction for this game will turn out. All of the voice actors, save for Knuckles' current VA, are my favorite interpretations of the characters so far. But they suffered from some incredibly lousy voice direction in Forces, not helped by an even worse script. I think Roger especially is really gonna shine with Ian's writing style. Here's hoping.

is Travis Willingham gonna be back as Knuckles? I'm not a big fan of the replacement they got in TSR.

Travis has potential to give a great performance, given the right script and direction.

Travis Willingham seems to only be in big budget titles like his wife Laura Bailey.

I doubt they'll get him back but I can be wrong 

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Travis Willingham seems to only be in big budget titles like his wife Laura Bailey.

I doubt they'll get him back but I can be wrong 

That's not the reason he left. Laura was on labor and Travis had to leave to help her out during the process. We don't even know if the decision to leave was permanent or just temporary. 

If labor was the only reason there's no reason for them to not be back. It's not like they grabbed a big replacement or anything, just had Roger trying his hat at a Knuckles impression.

30 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

If labor was the only reason there's no reason for them to not be back. It's not like they grabbed a big replacement or anything, just had Roger trying his hat at a Knuckles impression.

That wasn't Roger though...

7 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

That wasn't Roger though...

Oh yeah. Not sure why I thought he was Knuckles. Well, Mitchell wasn't really much of a stranger to the Sonic series, he worked on the prior Olympics game.

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Oh yeah. Not sure why I thought he was Knuckles. Well, Mitchell wasn't really much of a stranger to the Sonic series, he worked on the prior Olympics game.

He was a total stranger to the Sonic series, not that it matters. His only credits are are for TSR and the latest Olympics game.

sonics friends haunting me and yammering at me while being completely useless for the duration of a game and i cant do anything about it

its what ive always dreamed 

I called it being Amy's voice before the Xbox trailer subtitles, it just sounded exactly like her.

Also I hope Knuckles' voice from TSR doesn't return, that's easily his worst voice yet. Either that or work on making his voice less deep.

• Thumbs Up 1

I genuinely thought it was 2 different voices, the first voice (Sonic, over here!) sounds way different to the second voice (It’s too dangerous!) to my ears. But if they’re both Cindy’s Amy, then cool.

I'm just glad to get confirmation that Cindy is back as Amy, regardless of how important Amy's role is in the game. I just love her take on the character.

Here's hoping Travis is back as Knuckles as well. I never played TSR, but I couldn't stand the voice Knuckles had in that game. It's the only video game performance Knuckles has had I've actually disliked.

They're willing to throw money at Kate Higgins to do pick-ups for a shitty port of Colors, they could ask Willingham to reprise Knuckles for Frontiers but I also feel like he would've been mentioned with the others if that's the case. At this point, whoever shows up in this game is probably being voiced by their actor in TSR.

• Thumbs Up 4

I mean, Travis is the most fitting recent Knux voice but if he's not committed to voicing Knuckles in all games, I'd rather have the new VA practice and learn to voice the character with time.

Also, yeah Amy is likely in the first island. But still, doesn't change the fact that she could be an important character in this game along with other friends.

I can see it now Amy takes the place of Zelda and she wakes Sonic up from a 100 year nap! It would be nice if Amy plays a major role in this.

18 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I can see it now Amy takes the place of Zelda and she wakes Sonic up from a 100 year nap! It would be nice if Amy plays a major role in this.

I expect SonAmy will might be official canon for this game also.

Kinda shocking Amy get's a more predominant role this time, even if only as "first of 4 friends to be recruited", still means she'll do most of the story establishing and tutorial stuff. Usually that's Tails' part.
So either Tails is doing something else, or they decided to change things up.
That's nice, she hasn't done much in main Sonic games since Sonic 06. Half of Sonic's entire lifespan ago. Geez.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Kinda shocking Amy get's a more predominant role this time, even if only as "first of 4 friends to be recruited", still means she'll do most of the story establishing and tutorial stuff. Usually that's Tails' part.
So either Tails is doing something else, or they decided to change things up.
That's nice, she hasn't done much in main Sonic games since Sonic 06. Half of Sonic's entire lifespan ago. Geez.

That's what I'm saying. I'm Sonic Generations, Tails was the first one to be rescued and in general, he's pretty much the default ally for Sonic to travel with.

So the fact that they chose Amy over him has made me curious. Even if its one island, that's still more attended she's gotten in the marketing than literally anywhere else.