Awoo.

Page Scrolling On Stauses

Blue Blood

So I've noticed a really annoying mechanic when I'm writing statuses on mobile (Android, Chrome). If you're editing a comment and click to move the typing cursor, the page will scroll down to the new comment box instead of to where you just moved the cursor in the edit comment box. And the page doesn't then scroll to follow as you type either. So every time you move the cursor you have to scroll back up to make sure the cursor is in the correct place. 

Is this something that's fixable? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Blood

• Dreadknux

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, only just noticed this! That really is odd, is it still happening? Sounds like a bug in the forum software itself rather than a design thing... let me see if I can replicate it. Are you editing just any status update or does it need to be a comment in a status update thread? And is this happening on the specific Status Updates section/page (https://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/), on a user's profile page, or on the SSMB homepage (via lightbox or something)?

• 2 months later...

Your reply to this was swift compared to mine! 

So this problem seems to happen only on the board index, and only with comments in a status thread (not on the initial status itself). It's not a huge problem, and is just more of a nuisance than anything.