Awoo.

The First Sonic Lego Set Leaked.

VO.SUPER

This is our first look at the Sonic Lego series. I generally like everything,  except Eggman who look all sorts of weird to me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't like only one thing (not Eggman, he's ugly but in glorious way, rather than 06)

The fact this is 2D. What the fudge child is suppose to do with this? As a guy who played lego as kid, I find this really lame.

Of course there is a confusing "18+" sign on it, so maybe it's for adults who'll build it, glue it and hide behind glass case to mock passing children.

The Display model subset of LEGO has been rapidly growing in the past few years. Just look at the Titanic, the Coliseum, any of the stadiums, or even the botanical range.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I don't like only one thing (not Eggman, he's ugly but in glorious way, rather than 06)

The fact this is 2D. What the fudge child is suppose to do with this? As a guy who played lego as kid, I find this really lame.

Of course there is a confusing "18+" sign on it, so maybe it's for adults who'll build it, glue it and hide behind glass case to mock passing children.

It's for the Lego Ideas crowd and is primarily meant to appeal to adults rather than kids. Kids can build it, but this is meant to be displayed more than played. The exact opposite of the Mario set.

You can even see parts to the side where future expansions are going to connect to it to expand the level.

Now this could evolve and branch out as its own brand like how Minecraft did, but that takes a lot of crossover sales from kids.

I wonder if that's why they've gone with such a cheap price point as opposed to, say, something like the Home Alone set (which appeals to adults but is barely relevant to kids) which is a $250 set.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

I wonder if that's why they've gone with such a cheap price point as opposed to, say, something like the Home Alone set (which appeals to adults but is barely relevant to kids) which is a $250 set.

Probably. The more crossover the better. It's also probably why they scrapped the robot. This is an extremely experimental line, but with a glimmer of potential that Lego feels they don't need to mark up the price.

And hopefully if this goes out of the Ideas branch, they can actually get ambitious with these builds. If the idea is level themes, they could probably make some really cool stuff.

The ultimate Lego sets would be levels based on Death Egg and Titanic Monarch.