Awoo.

What do you look forward and expect from Sonic in 2022?

Solister

After the 30th Anniversary of Sonic, it doesn't seem the Blue Blur will be stopping anytime soon this year, and we already have some warm things to expect in 2022. What do you look forward to, the most?

LEGO Sonic - Green Hill Zone - January 1st, 2022

Sonic Movie 2: April 8th, 2022

Sonic Prime: 2022

Sonic Origins: 2022

Sonic Frontiers: Holiday 2022

Comics and possibly other unannounced stuff.

I really want to grab that LEGO Sonic, regardless if they changed the design from the original version. Sadly, it doesn't seem it'll be released anytime soon in my country by LEGO, hoping more localization comes in the coming months. Otherwise, I'll need to pay a fortune and wait some good 5 years, as I did with my Yellow Submarine.

Sonic Movie 2 is probably the one I'm most hyped. I don't want to set the bar too high, but I must admit I'm expecting more references/lore to the games, and expecting an epic Sonic vs. Knuckles battle.

There is still too little information about Prime, so I can't hype on anything. I believe it might be released nearer the end of the year to tie with Frontiers. Regardless, if my mom still pays Netflix until then, I'm probably watching.

Origins is more a case of curiosity rather than hype. But I don't think I should expect more games than the already shown, and possibly even a downgraded version of Taxman/AIR ports. Tbh, given the Steam Version of Sonic CD, AIR and the decompilations of Android version of 1 & 2, I'm really unsure if I'll end buying this one.

Frontiers: Another one which quite lacks information, especially gameplay. Looks an interesting concept, but unless it's extremely optimized (and I mean, more than Forces), I'm 90% sure it wouldn't run well on my notebook. If so, I don't see myself playing this one too soon.

I don't really care much for comics, so I hardly see myself getting into them this year. And even if I get into, I'd probably have to look prior editions before getting up to date.

I also believe we already have a very weighted year to see any unexpected announcements. Possibly only more information on every of the items above. For anything unexpected, the farthest thing I can think of would be another symphony, but I don't see reasons to make it anytime soon. Given the popularity of Mania Adventures, Overdrive and Rise of the Wisps, some shorts of these kinds are probably more than expected, possibly tied with Frontiers, although I believe that's pretty much what Prime already will be trying to do.

Did I forget anything? What are you looking forward to, the most? Will 2022 be another "Year of Sonic"? Or are you putting your bar lower?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Multikaris

• Solister

Popular Days

I’m looking forward to the Rouge action figure… as well as Omega’s first ever figure.

• Thumbs Up 1