Awoo.

Does Eggman just allow Omega to continue existing?

Austroid

robotnikholmescomicblog: “Even in Omega’s first appearance in the comic, his first line of dialogue on his own page is an act of defiance against Eggman. It is still true to his character and it is explained that he has been in storage for a while,...

Whether its in the games (minus his debut) or any of the comic continuities, Omega's just sort of treated like he's always been with Sonic and friends; as if the writers themselves forgot he was Eggman's creation in the first place.

I mean, there's no way Eggman didn't have some sort of kill switch installed in Omega; or any of his [non-animal powered] robots for that matter. Why let the heroes have such a formidable ally? 

Eggman has tried to destroy Omega several times already. If there was an easy way to do it, he would have. There's no "kill switch" or remote way to disable him, which is why he just fights him like he does Sonic's other friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

When Eggman EVER had a kill switch on anything?

He thinks "Who has time for that? One kill switch is one less rocket launcher to shoot at that rodent. if, IF, that dumbot rebels, I'll just deal with it then."

Killing Omega is definitely on 'to do' list, but it's neither priority or that easy to accomplish.

36 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

When Eggman EVER had a kill switch on anything?

It was done twice in Fleetway, one success then one I found that and deactivated it weeks ago.

I would add that it's also an ego thing : why would he put a kill switch on something as marvelous as one of his work ?

( Tho it would be funny if Eggman simply thought Omega as more as a nuisance or a rebellious teen that'll "come in line with time" than a formidable threat, as it would frustrate the hell of Omega and would lead to really funny interactions. )

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman is the same guy that keeps Metal Sonic around, even after Heroes. He does not seem keen to destroy his works IF they have proven useful to him. If he sees them as useless however, he has shown no remorse towards their destruction; see Sonic Adventure and the members of the E-Series who aren't Beta (who was treated as a test subject for upgraded technology) or Gamma.

I myself will only ever discuss why from a game standpoint. I don't know/care enough about the comics to have an informed opinion on it there.

It would be rather hard to put a kill switch in anything Eggy makes considering there is a two-tailed whiz kid sitting on the opposite sideline that would without a doubt turn your safety protocol against you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do recall him explaining his reasoning for installing kill switches if I'm not misremebering it in one of the twitter Q&As. As for something more canonical, this genius piece of engineering springs forth to mind:

spacer.png

On 1/2/2022 at 6:50 AM, Austroid said:

I mean, there's no way Eggman didn't have some sort of kill switch installed in Omega; or any of his [non-animal powered] robots for that matter.

On a sidenote, I think we can asume that Omega does have an animal inside since all his E-series brothers did.

Although this begs the question why Sonic and his gang has never tried to free the animal inside, since freeing the animals inside Eggman's robots is was one of their (or at least Sonic's) main reasons for opposing Eggman in the first place.

2 hours ago, batson said:

On a sidenote, I think we can asume that Omega does have an animal inside since all his E-series brothers did.

Although this begs the question why Sonic and his gang has never tried to free the animal inside, since freeing the animals inside Eggman's robots is was one of their (or at least Sonic's) main reasons for opposing Eggman in the first place.

Omega was created post SA2. He might have Chaos Drive inside of him. Or there was off screen adventure where they released the creature and switched it for something else.

I mean, Sonic IDW 20. What are the chances that tiny animal was squeezed into Omega's head? Because alternatives are worrying.

E-122 Psi robots had Chaos Emerald shards, "Zero The Chase Master" in the same game as the other E-100 series had no animal inside when he was destroyed by Amy, and none of the other robotic Sonic copies were powered like badniks traditionally until Mania, and only for the "Silver" Sonic variants, only. Very likely that Omega is simply one of Eggman's non animal fueled robots.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s from heroes so I thought he had a power core instead of an animal (specifically because of what happened to gamma in SA1.)

did eggman even use animal batteries in any game between the adventure games and lost world?