Awoo.

Lost Hedgehog Tales Vs Lara-Su Chronicles: what will come out first?

MetalSkulkBane

Just a silly topic to ponder on. What are your bets?

What makes this race hilarious for me is that there should be no competition. Flynn is busy with game, comics and bumblekast. Not only that, he has superiors who are legally stopping him for some reasons.

Meanwhile for Penders it should be top priority, his Magnum Opus, main goal. And yet.

Honestly both tittles can come out next Monday or after the Heat Death of the Universe. My vote is for Flynn, but I might be a bit biased.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Lost Hedgehog Tales Vs Lara-Su Chronicles: what will come out first?

The only reason LHT isn't out is because Ian has behind-the-scenes issues trying to get it out.

Penders has no such excuse.

• Thumbs Up 4

LHT would’ve been out—or rather would’ve been finished—long before Penders would’ve put out LS: Chronicles we’re it not for legal reasons.

Ian already put out five chapters (unless I miscounted, as it’s been a while since I looked at it) before Penders was able to put out five complete pages of his work.

It’s a no-brainer really.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Then the real question is if legal issues will ever change for Flynn.

Also, I wonder how much LHT he finished by now. If he gets green light today, can he upload in next 5 minutes or will be like "dang, time to actually move this thing"

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Flynn is working on a new story?

Not really, its a book essentially of all the stories he had lined up for Archie and other ideas he had for the series. Some of it though he can't talk about due to certain parties so he has to find a way around it.

21 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Also, there's the fact of the very small chance that IDW can incorporate any of his original plans in the comic that can be used if the decision is made.

I know this source is over 4 years old, but it's still a possibility.

https://bumbleking.com/news-information/news/page/27/

I can definitely see IDW implementing some of the stories that Ian wanted to write for Archie into their comics.  That's pretty much what happened with the Metal Virus, as that was a story that was actually meant for the Archie Comics, but got moved to IDW after the Archie Comics were cancelled. 

I can see Lost Hedgehog Tales being finished before The Lara Su Chronicles.

However, I still don't know who or what's keeping Ian Flynn from finishing Lost Hedgehog Tales, as it's been in development since 2013. It's all Archie Sonic fans of both the pre-reboot and post-reboot got now (especially the former), as SEGA hasn't given them anything nice since Archie Sonic was cancelled. It's like SEGA doesn't care for Archie Sonic fans anymore, as the characters from them deserve better.

Also, I wish Ken Penders never did what he did back in July of 2010. He could have just made TLSC without getting all mad at Archie Sonic. LHT then would have never had to be made in the first place. TLSC has been going really slow as well, and I have a bad feeling of how it will turn out if TLSC is ever finished.

4 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

I can see Lost Hedgehog Tales being finished before The Lara Su Chronicles.

However, I still don't know who or what's keeping Ian Flynn from finishing Lost Hedgehog Tales, as it's been in development since 2013. It's all Archie Sonic fans of both the pre-reboot and post-reboot got now (especially the former), as SEGA hasn't given them anything nice since Archie Sonic was cancelled. It's like SEGA doesn't care for Archie Sonic fans anymore, as the characters from them deserve better.

Also, I wish Ken Penders never did what he did back in July of 2010. He could have just made TLSC without getting all mad at Archie Sonic. LHT then would have never had to be made in the first place. TLSC has been going really slow as well, and I have a bad feeling of how it will turn out if TLSC is ever finished.

It's a combination of legal matters and the very small chance that IDW can possibly pick up the old stories where they left off, which I imagine is why things are complicated on its release.

And yes, that mess could have been handled a lot better, but alas, it's in the past now, and Archie Sonic is long dead. I honestly do not see TLSC getting a full release at his current pace (though he predicts July of this year), even though I am thinking that he means his prequel and his M25YL "remake".

In short, it's anyone's guess on which is getting released first (though technically LHT is ahead as its first chapter was released before Archie Sonic kicked the bucket).