Awoo.

Familiar with Dinosaur King?

BLUzCLUz

It was a game made by SEGA, and there was an anime based on it. Basically a rival of Pokemon, but with dinosaurs. Sega hasn't given it a new sequel after 2008, nor did they reference it anywhere, so this IP is good as dead. But I would say the show was cliche-loaded at best.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember seeing bits and pieces of it as a kid. I think I was interested because I loved dinosaurs (still do!). Had no idea SEGA made it or that it was a game originally. The final episode aired on my sixth birthday.

12 hours ago, charmsb said:

I remember seeing bits and pieces of it as a kid. I think I was interested because I loved dinosaurs (still do!). Had no idea SEGA made it or that it was a game originally. The final episode aired on my sixth birthday.

Same here. Though I never watched a full episode on TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never played the game, but the show was fun. One thing that really amused me was how the show would never just use the usual dinosaur names like t-rex or triceratops or whatever, but rather super long complicated names like parasaurolophus. And the kids in the show had no problem pronouncing them!

On 1/12/2022 at 1:03 AM, DabigRG said:

I like how they straight up cast Ash and Jessie for their expires and seemingly asked for James and Meowth soundalikes.

Zoe was also an expy to Misty, but with a different VA.

7 hours ago, BLUzCLUz said:

Zoe was also an expy to Misty, but with a different VA.

Was she? I honestly got more May vibes, but then I don't remember much more about the characters.