Awoo.

Sonic Plot Ideas For Games

Dashawn

Alright, I've got an idea for a Sonic game plot, here we go...

The game begins with Sonic tracking down Dr. Eggman, planning to stop him at the first new sight of Eggman activity since... Forces, or maybe Frontiers, but after the first stage Sonic learns that Eggman isn't behind the current resurgence of Badniks, maybe he's been arrested by Shadow around the same time in a totally different location, for example. Still, Sonic has to follow the trail of robotic activity to find the source and put an end to it. Eventually, Shadow calls for Sonic's help, wherever Eggman is being held is under attack by the Eggman Empire. Sonic arrives in time to lessen the damage, but the attackers get away, rescuing the doctor in the process.

Sonic didn't run into them himself, but he gets a description of the ones who were leading the Eggman Empire during the attack, a green bird and a large guy committing to destruction, with a third purple one broke through during the distraction and rescued Eggman. Sonic wonders if the Babylon Rogues are responsible and tracks them down to a Museum where a Chaos Emerald is being currently displayed. Sonic chases them through the Museum, running along dinosaurs and dashing through exhibits to catch them all, but the Emerald ends up stolen anyway right after he beats them, stolen by the actual criminals, a group of Hooligans Sonic hasn't seen in a long time.

Now knowing his target as Bean, Bark and Fang, Sonic wonders what they're doing in control of the Eggman Empire, apparently working with or even for Eggman. From here Sonic and the Eggman Empire clash over finding the remaining Emeralds, with Sonic receiving help from Shadow, the Babylon Rogues who want to catch the real criminals due to being continuously mistaken for the culprits (and also getting a chance to race Sonic again as they search), and probably Tails because dropping Tails to either a minor role or no presence at all probably wouldn't fly. During his search he runs into an unfamiliar cat named Honey, who keeps interfering with his search and trying to put a stop to the "Babylon Rogue's" mischief. Over the course of the game, Honey learns that the culprits are actually people she's acquainted with, particularly Fang, her best friend.

Honey has to come to terms with the self-serving actions of a friend, as well as her own morally dubious history, eventually resolving to move on with her life by helping to stop the Hooligans herself. Honey confronts Fang and after failing to persuade him to suddenly turn over a new leaf due to his cowardly selfishness, she helps Sonic beat him up, then there's one or two boss fights against Bark & Bean, with Bean basically hijacking the Eggman Empire because he enjoyed temporarily controlling it when they first took it over before rescuing Eggman from jail for their mutual benefit. Sonic, Honey and the other characters beat Bark and Bean, definitely absolutely totally finish off the Eggman Empire this time and celebrate. Eggman escapes and resolves to never look for help from anything that isn't a robot again.

There's a much more room for nuance, as-is this isn't much but the basic idea behind it is an idea for a Sonic plot I've been throwing around a lot, this gave me the chance to try and iron it out a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Dashawn said:

I am bored so why dont we make plot ideas for a game that may not happen but if it does yay :D

In the future, please remember the forum guidelines and make sure your opening posts have effort put into them as to allow for more people to join the discussion. Would be good for you to share your own ideas here.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a month or 2 after the events of forces, the eggman empire is defeated, but that left a huge power vacuum for gangs, rogue GUN units (I dont think the united federation would have survived eggman conquering the world,) rogue groups of badniks, and of course metal sonic.  Basically it would be a lawless world with the resistance/restoration fighting different groups of bad guys and trying to get the situation under control before eggman comes back.

No way in hell sega would make this, I was thinking of a magnum opus fangame with boost gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, CheerUpCrewcut said:

Alright, I've got an idea for a Sonic game plot, here we go...

The game begins with Sonic tracking down Dr. Eggman, planning to stop him at the first new sight of Eggman activity since... Forces, or maybe Frontiers, but after the first stage Sonic learns that Eggman isn't behind the current resurgence of Badniks, maybe he's been arrested by Shadow around the same time in a totally different location, for example. Still, Sonic has to follow the trail of robotic activity to find the source and put an end to it. Eventually, Shadow calls for Sonic's help, wherever Eggman is being held is under attack by the Eggman Empire. Sonic arrives in time to lessen the damage, but the attackers get away, rescuing the doctor in the process.

Sonic didn't run into them himself, but he gets a description of the ones who were leading the Eggman Empire during the attack, a green bird and a large guy committing to destruction, with a third purple one broke through during the distraction and rescued Eggman. Sonic wonders if the Babylon Rogues are responsible and tracks them down to a Museum where a Chaos Emerald is being currently displayed. Sonic chases them through the Museum, running along dinosaurs and dashing through exhibits to catch them all, but the Emerald ends up stolen anyway right after he beats them, stolen by the actual criminals, a group of Hooligans Sonic hasn't seen in a long time.

Now knowing his target as Bean, Bark and Fang, Sonic wonders what they're doing in control of the Eggman Empire, apparently working with or even for Eggman. From here Sonic and the Eggman Empire clash over finding the remaining Emeralds, with Sonic receiving help from Shadow, the Babylon Rogues who want to catch the real criminals due to being continuously mistaken for the culprits (and also getting a chance to race Sonic again as they search), and probably Tails because dropping Tails to either a minor role or no presence at all probably wouldn't fly. During his search he runs into an unfamiliar cat named Honey, who keeps interfering with his search and trying to put a stop to the "Babylon Rogue's" mischief. Over the course of the game, Honey learns that the culprits are actually people she's acquainted with, particularly Fang, her best friend.

Honey has to come to terms with the self-serving actions of a friend, as well as her own morally dubious history, eventually resolving to move on with her life by helping to stop the Hooligans herself. Honey confronts Fang and after failing to persuade him to suddenly turn over a new leaf due to his cowardly selfishness, she helps Sonic beat him up, then there's one or two boss fights against Bark & Bean, with Bean basically hijacking the Eggman Empire because he enjoyed temporarily controlling it when they first took it over before rescuing Eggman from jail for their mutual benefit. Sonic, Honey and the other characters beat Bark and Bean, definitely absolutely totally finish off the Eggman Empire this time and celebrate. Eggman escapes and resolves to never look for help from anything that isn't a robot again.

There's a much more room for nuance, as-is this isn't much but the basic idea behind it is an idea for a Sonic plot I've been throwing around a lot, this gave me the chance to try and iron it out a bit.

That’s actually a really good idea, and even gives Eggman character development! I like how the Hooligans are modernized. One thing, I feel like we need to set up a new threat, a threat that seems like they’d bring a new age of freedom. A threat of powerful fighters. A threat against GUN and Sonic alike.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, TailsGotTrolled said:

Its a month or 2 after the events of forces, the eggman empire is defeated, but that left a huge power vacuum for gangs, rogue GUN units (I dont think the united federation would have survived eggman conquering the world,) rogue groups of badniks, and of course metal sonic.  Basically it would be a lawless world with the resistance/restoration fighting different groups of bad guys and trying to get the situation under control before eggman comes back.

No way in hell sega would make this, I was thinking of a magnum opus fangame with boost gameplay.

I think the lawlessness of the world would be a fun thing to add to the game as part of the atmosphere, and GUN being rogue now is a great idea. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ooo, this sounds fun! :D OK then, I'll give it a go! Honestly, I'd love to have side games and spin offs to help flesh out Sonic's world, like how the comics do. For instance:

Side story involving Espio, Vector and Charmy. Perhaps a game where we play as these detectives, solving crimes and helping the populace (and earning their rent money!) Perhaps a Shinobi like game with Espio! This could be an origin story on how the chaotix came to form. The plot could be like this:

We start with the prologue. A younger Espio is out training in the mountains with his Ninja Sensei. He struggles to keep up with his teacher's methods, and stumbles to the floor. His Sensei looks down at him, and reprimands his inability to complete the training course set out for him. Sensei would explain that their clan must needs be strong, and weakness must be cast aside. Espio's birthday would soon be here, and on that day he would receive his new duty to the clan. Their clan had inherited a great responsibility from their ancestors; to watch over "the sealed one's" prison, and ensure they never again returned to terrorise this world. If ever the seal was broken, they must be strong enough to seal the prison once more. Espio gets up off the ground, apologises and says he will redouble his training, that he will not fail him. The two return to the Clan village hidden deep in the mountain's.

Over the next couple of days, Espio would train harder than ever before. He would ensure that he did not fail his duty. He would bring honour to his family, and his clan. One day, as he's out in the Woods practicing his throwing star technique, he feels a sudden chill in the air. The wind comes to a stand still, and not a sound could be heard. Suddenly, the earth begins to tremble, and a great moaning sound comes from deep within its core. The ground cracked open in front of him, and deep in the Abyss before him, Espio could have sworn he saw some fell creature clawing its way out. Espio began to panic, but just as quickly as these events started, they vanished; the ground was closed again, the earth was still, and the winds blew again... as if nothing has happened at all.

Espio knew something was wrong. He could feel it. He returns to the village and tells Sensei what had happened. Sensei however states that no such thing had happened at the village, and suggests that Espio must just be exhausted from all the trains he'd done. He bids Espio to go to bed, as his birthday, and his duty ceremony, would be tomorrow. Espio retires to his home, wondering just what had happened out there in the woods...

It's the day of the ceremony, and Espio is getting anxious. While worried about the strange events from yesterday, he's even more stressed about his birthday ceremony. He awaits being called to the shrine; there he would be bestowed his new ninja garb, and his duty to the clan. Finally, he is called by Sensei, who was conducting the event. Espio walks out to the shrine, Sensei awaiting him by the shrine head, where the Seal lay. Standing in front of many elders of the village, he feels quite worried. One attendee he didn't recognise however. A strange figure, hooded and cloaked. He could see their face.  The ceremony begins...

Before it can finish however, the hooded figure stands up, and brandishes some sort of sceptre. An eerie light starts to shine from it, blinding in its luminescence. The seal on the shrine suddenly starts to glow too, the shrine beginning to crack. Before Espio or anyone can stop the stranger, the shrine breaks in half, the seal shattered.

A tear in reality rips open where the shrine once stood. A great Oni like being walks out. They start to speak, claims they had returned, as they said they would, and would now enact his revenge. The stranger runs upto the creature and hands him the sceptre. The creature takes it in hand, and the eerie light shines again. Suddenly, crystal like monsters form into being, which begin to spread out and attack the villagers. In all the chaos, the creature and the stranger make their escape, Espio now fighting for his life. The monsters are subdued, but not without a price. Sensei is gravely wounded. As Espio begins to worry, Sensei gives Espio his duty: he must seal the creature, a zeti known as the Crystal Oni, back into the shrine. He hands him his new Ninja garb, and a scroll containing secret Ninja techniques. Sensei then falls unconscious. The remains villagers rush to help Sensei, as Espio accepts his new duty. He looks to the village, set ablaze by the attack, then out to the horizon. He would find the 'Zeti' and mete out justice. He would fulfil his duty... but just who was that stranger? What motives did they have to break the seal? He would find the truth...

That went a bit longer then I had anticipated! XD Sorry about that! Anyway, from here, Espio would follow the Zeti's trail, along the way meeting Vector and Charmy, and together they'd solve the mystery of the Zeti mage, along with other crimes, and save the day!

Again, really sorry for the length!

a game about the 1st 6 months that sonic forces skipped over.  Sonic and tails are missing and knuckles, silver and amy have to form the resistance to fight eggman.  in silver's case, future shadow tells him how far back in time to go but when he travels back in time he immediately gets attacked by infinite's fake shadow.

Fuzzy puppy buddies as an actual tabletop game with actual rules/strategy

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is barely a plot, whoops.

I'd kind of like to see a Sonic and NiGHTS crossover, becuase of course.

No, not in the dream world; in the waking world, or at least partly, becuase Wizeman wins, breaks the barrier between the dream world and the waking world, and invades the waking world.

NiGHTS ends up talking to Sonic, largely becuase people know that "You want an evil god dealt with? He's your guy." and actually Sonic is probably already looking into the monster outbreaks, nightmare landscapes and possible possessions that are cropping up.

Though that assumes NiGHTS isn't stubborn enough to throw himself at Wizeman (possibly sans dreamer) to stop him breaking the barrier, which I could kind of see happening, and NiGHTS is in a cage, again, and you have to save his ass. and that assumes Wizeman wouldn't kill him.

How Sonic finds NiGHTS in the dream world seems potentially a bit harder, though I suppose one could say the dream world has it's weird and mysterious ways. Nightopia has it's ways of fighting back.

I'm not sure how much others see this, or it's just me; I'm pretty sure NiGHTS is inspired by Sonic and it shows in his personality.  I think they'd have a "double the trouble" vibe when they're together, I think that could be fun. Though I'm sympathetic to the argument that NiGHTS should not have had a dialogued role and should have been left up to player interpretation.

While in the waking, NiGHTS is dualised with Sonic, as in, NiGHTS's consciousness is sharing Sonic's body.

The downsides to this:

Simularity to Sonic Unleashed? An evil god is released and infects the earth with monsters that represent/feed on negative emotions, especially if they have the ability to possess people or are only active at night. Hopefully the differences could make up for this. Perhaps steer away from the nightmarens only being active at night or having the ability to posess people.

NiGHTS loses. This could be softened a bit by the implication that Nightopia has not been completely destroyed. I guess that's not so bad.  

I kind of don't want this to be a NiGHTS game, set in the dream world, except Sonic is a dreamer. That's not what I feel a true crossover would do, a true crossover would mix both worlds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve been thinking about the hedgehog hieroglyphs in SA2

spacer.png

found throughout the whole desert/pyramid/canyon stages, and, even though this might throw a wrench in the whole “two worlds” thing, I couldn’t help but think about a lost hedgehog civilization, possibly the greatest of them all? After all, Sonic’s origins are, canonically, a great mystery, and I don’t think we’re supposed to believe he just came out of nowhere on Christmas Island. 

I also think just going back to major plot devices like the Chaos Emeralds, Master Emerald, and Shrine would give a lot of new plot ideas since they were largely abandoned in 2006. Not retelling anything, no, but using the plot devices the series started with and since left behind could breathe new life into the story, particularly towards creating a greater, stronger central canon.

Just bringing back the mystical stuff, which it already seems like Frontiers is doing, and I am super excited just to see whatever’s there because it definitely hints at going back to Sonic’s origins, or the world before Sonic’s time. Now, I don’t think these things should be in every story, they just seem too important to be left behind. I mean, they ARE too important as the reasons why Knuckles exists and Sonic goes Super. It doesn’t seem like they ever fully realized all of the lore they had going for the Emeralds and what it all means.

Call me a nostalgiac, but I would REALLY like this.